Abstract. This paper considers how web search engines can learn from the successful searches recorded in their user logs. Document Transformation is a feasible approach that uses these logs to improve document representations. Existing test collections do not allow an adequate investigation of Document Transformation, but we show how a rigorous evaluation of this method can be carried out using the referer logs kept by web servers.
We also describe a new strategy for Document Transformation that is suitable for long-term incremental learning. Our experiments show that Document Transformation improves retrieval performance over a medium sized collection of webpages. Commercial search engines may be able to achieve similar improvements by incorporating this approach.
By Charles Kemp and Kotagiri Ramamohanarao
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- Boost SEO for Lumber Companies With These 8 Simple Tips
- 4 Sales-Boosting SEO Strategies for PPE Companies
- SEO for Cloud Computing Companies to Boost Your Rankings
- SEO for Computer Repair Shops: Partner with SEO Experts
- 7 Ways to Boost SEO for Cleaning Services
- Real Estate SEO Services | SEO Services for Real Estate
- SEO for Exercise Equipment Companies: 4 Strategies to Boost Your Rankings
- Electrician SEO Services: Boost Your Search Engine Rankings
- SEO for Pressure Washing Companies: A Simple Guide
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.