Did you know that 75% of people prefer live chat over any other channel? If you don’t have live chat software on your site, you’re missing a prime opportunity to communicate with prospects who have questions and want more information. But as you do some research into live chat software for your website, you find that there are dozens of options available.
How do you find the best live chat software for your business? With the list we’ve compiled below, of course! Keep reading to learn about the six best live chat software options for your business, which include:
Live chat software option #1: LiveChat
Cost: $16+ per month, 14-day free trial available First on our list of best live chat tools is LiveChat. LiveChat enables you to create a personalized and branded live chat that delivers the best experience. LiveChat offers multiple chat tools to enable you to help your customers better.
- Message sneak-peek: This feature allows you to see what your customers are typing as they type it so that you can answer questions faster.
- Canned responses: Getting asked the same question multiple times a day? With canned responses, you can set up quick responses to common questions.
- Chat tags: Add tags to customer conversations, so you always know what they’re talking about and what common issues arise.
- Chat transfer: With chat transfer, you can move conversations to other members of your live support team better equipped to handle a customer issue.
In addition to chat tools, LiveChat offers numerous features to boost customer engagement. With this tool, you can:
- Send targeted messages through chat to get your most valuable leads to engage with your business
- Allow prospects to message your business whenever and pick up the conversation when your customer service team is available
- Create eye-catching widgets to get prospects to message your business and learn more about your offers
Overall, LiveChat is a great option if you’re looking for live chat software that enables you to personalize your audience’s experience and provide better customer service. With all its features, LiveChat makes it easy for you to help anyone who engages through your chat boxes.
Live chat software option #2: Jivochat
Cost: Free basic plan for first five agents, Professional plan $13+, 14-day trial available If you’re looking for the best live chat software for helping customers, consider Jivochat. Jivochat is one of the best chat tools for helping you connect all your communication channels to deliver a seamless experience. Jivochat is an all-in-one tool that enables businesses to chat through:
This connectedness enables you to respond to prospects through their favorite platforms so that you can deliver the best experience for them. This live chat software offers numerous features to help you assist customers, including:
- Proactive invitations: With prospects who engage on pages for a long time, you can create proactive chat messages to send. For example, if someone’s been on a product page for 20 seconds, you can automatically trigger a chat that says, “Need help choosing [product name]?”
- Color-coded chats: Need help prioritizing and organizing chats? Jivochat enables you to color-code your chats, so you can stay focused on who needs help most urgently.
- CRM integration: Want to know who you’re chatting with? Jivochat enables you to integrate your customer relationship management (CRM) software so you can pull information on that prospect and help them better.
Jivochat also has numerous features LiveChat has, including message sneak-peek and canned responses. If you’re looking for live chat support software that enables you to connect with prospects wherever, Jivochat is an excellent solution.
Livechat software option #3: LiveAgent
Cost: $15-$39 per agent per month, 14-day free trial available If you’re looking for one of the best live chat tools, take a look at LiveAgent. LiveAgent offers over 100 features that make it easy for you to communicate with and manage customers. Here are some of the features LiveAgent offers:
- Ticketing system: LiveAgent offers a ticketing system that enables you to better manage the flow of customer inquiries to your business. This chat software turns inquiries into tickets so your team can prioritize and help customers as their tickets appear.
- Note-taking: If your agents need to leave notes for other co-workers on a ticket, LiveAgent enables you to document information internally so anyone on your team can see it. It makes it easy for you to keep everyone on the same page about each customer, no matter who handles the ticket.
- Customer data recording: LiveAgent enables you to add fields to your chats to record data about customers to assist them further in the future.
- Proactive chat invitations: Invite visitors to chat with your business while they browse your site. Whether they’re looking at products or browsing your homepage, you can send them the right message at the right time.
If you’re looking for live chat software for your website, LiveAgent is an excellent option for managing customer interactions efficiently.
Live chat software option #4: Olark
Cost: $19+ per month If you’re a small-to-midsized business (SMB) looking for easy-to-use live chat software, Olark is a great option. This live chat software is easy to set up and use on your site, so it’s great for businesses just starting with live chat and companies with smaller customer service teams. Olark provides you with dozens of great features for your SMB, including:
- Chatbox customization: Olark enables you to create a stylized chatbox to fit your brand’s unique look and feel. It allows you to create a cohesive brand experience for your audience. From the color to the position of the chatbox, you have control over how your box appears.
- Automated live chat messages: Want to catch prospects’ attention and get them to chat with your business? With automated live chat messages from Olark, you can send tailored messages straight to your audience as they browse your site.
- Customer information forms: If you want to obtain data about customers that chat with you, Olark makes it easy for you to create forms. You can create forms to gather more data before users chat with your business.
- Chat analytics: Olark provides you with live chat reporting to see data on your chat volume, agent activity, and satisfaction rating. You can use this data to improve your chat experience and provide better customer service.
If you’re looking for easy-to-use basic live chat software, Olark is a great option!
Live chat software option #5: Zendesk
Cost: $59-$99 per agent per month Another great option for live chat support software is Zendesk. Zendesk enables you to create a live chat experience that meets your customers’ needs better. Zendesk offers multiple great features, including:
- Integration through various platforms: Zendesk enables you to chat with prospects wherever they are. You can use Zendesk to chat through messengers, live chat, social media, email, and over the phone.
- Integrated help center: With Zendesk, you can build an integrated help center and a community forum to help you provide your audience with answers to their questions. Customers can solve issues to their problems faster while leaving chats open for your agents.
- Personalize the customer experience: With Zendesk, you can personalize your customers’ experience through automation and AI-powered bots. You can provide your audience with a better experience that gets them to continue chatting with your business.
- Ticket routing: Zendesk has built-in routing that enables you to assign tickets to the agent that’s best suited to help. It allows you to deliver a faster and better customer experience for your audience.
If you’re looking for live chat software that you can use on multiple platforms to provide a better customer experience, Zendesk is a great solution.
Live chat software option #6: Intercom
Cost: Contact for pricing The last item we’ll cover on this list of the best live chat software is Intercom. Intercom enables you to connect with customers through live chat and beyond. Here are some great features of Intercom:
- Chatbot integration: Intercom makes it easy for you to integrate chatbots into your live chat to help manage customer questions. You can provide your audience with automated responses to get them answers fast, all while freeing up time for your agents.
- Personalize the customer experience: Intercom enables you to provide your audience with personal touchpoints to help them interact with your brand. You can send tailored messages to reach leads at the right points.
- App integration: Intercom enables you to integrate over 250+ apps into your live chat software. Whether you use a scheduling app or a checkout app, you can incorporate these into your chat to create a seamless experience.
Intercom is great live chat software for your website if you want to provide a better experience across desktop and mobile.
Need help finding the best live chat software?
Live chatting is critical to helping you provide better customer service for your prospects. But if you aren’t sure how to find the right live chat support software, WebFX can help.
We can help you choose the right live chat software and set it up to work effectively on your site. Additionally, with our chatbot marketing services, we can help you set up chatbots for your live chat, so you can help customers more effectively. Our team of over 450 marketing experts is ready to help you get started!