WebFX TeamDigital Marketing Agency
- December 15, 2022
- 5 minute read
- The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years. @webfx
The opportunity to trend on YouTube and go viral means thousands of content creators compete for the most viewership across industries. Thankfully, the core ideas that make an excellent video stay the same even as trends come and go.
The team of digital marketing specialists at WebFX has compiled a lift of the best YouTube video ideas to build your audience.
Ready to learn more? Keep reading to explore the world of YouTube marketing, or call 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist directly!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox! “*” indicates required fields (Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
YouTube strategy basics
Since YouTube’s inception in 2005, marketers have been perfecting the art of advertising through online videos. Try these best practices to help you get a jumpstart:
- Pick topics wisely: Find topics your team knows and can speak about at length. Your viewers will appreciate your authenticity and consider your products or services, resulting in a good conversion rate.
- Optimize your channel: It’s also vital to master YouTube video search engine optimization (SEO) to rank in searches. While creating compelling titles and descriptions is important, optimizing topic tags and captions is also vital for SEO.
- Build a marketing plan: The next crucial step is to build your YouTube marketing strategy. You’ll need to set goals, like growing audience engagement, traffic, or sales, and use different content types to accomplish them. It’s also essential to decide your channel’s tone and content style. You can even set or optimize your YouTube posting times.
After you’ve established your YouTube channel goals, you can start creating content that connects you and your audience.
How YouTube can benefit your video marketing
YouTube is one of the most powerful marketing and communication tools out there. YouTube’s wide variety of benefits can boost your marketing campaign, including:
- Audience: YouTube is the world’s second-largest social media platform, with billions of viewers watching content every day. When you launch a video on the platform, you have a high potential of reaching your target audience.
- Economy: YouTube is highly cost-effective. You can opt for paid advertising, but creating a brand channel for content marketing is free.
- Demographic segmentation: YouTube allows some of the most in-depth audience targeting available. You can direct content to everyone from affinity audiences with specific interests to viewers who have already interacted with your content.
5 YouTube video ideas for your channel
There are hundreds of millions of videos available on YouTube today. Out of these many options, digital marketers have uncovered various effective formats that can help audiences relate to your brand. Many types of video marketing you can even do on your own!
We’ve written a list of five of our favorites to help you start creating content for your YouTube channel today.
1. “About us” videos
An “about us” video offers your audience a warm handshake, introducing your company and brand with the proper tone. The core objective is to tell them who you are, what you do, and, most importantly, why your business exists.
Consumers want to know who they’re buying from — 59% of customers prefer to buy from brands they trust. Include the following in your company-centered videos:
- Team introductions
- Company news
- Your mission, values, and goals
- Community service or partnerships
Your audience should understand your values and behind-the-scenes story by the end.
2. Explainer videos
Explainer videos provide a quick, convenient way for viewers to understand your brand. For example, a new software patch for a product might have a three-minute explainer video for the new features.
Explainer videos can raise engagement for what you choose to spotlight and make it easier for potential customers to understand your product.
3. Review videos
A review video helps you connect with your audience outside of advertising your products. For example, a mechanic’s garage could review classic car shows in the region or demonstrate the quality of popular repair equipment and spare parts.
You can also review entertainment like television shows or music related to your audience to establish your company outside of your products and services.
4. Tutorial videos
Tutorials are one of the top trending videos on YouTube. They’re highly shareable — customers can show them to friends and family who want the same information.
Say you offer baking supplies and teach how to make popular desserts. Your audience can make the food and share the recipe with friends on social media. Or, if you have a product with multiple moving parts, you can demonstrate ow to use the product. These videos also help with customer questions!
Bissell created a how-to video for using one of their carpet cleaners:
Visuals are a critical aspect of a tutorial video. The audience should see the presenter’s face so they can connect see clearly. It’s also key to demonstrate the steps in the process and make sure to explain them in detail.
5. Product promo videos
Product promos showcase your product’s best features. This powerful, persuasive tool enables you to engage your audience and convince customers at the bottom of the sales funnel to purchase.
For example, PlayStation created a viral event called “The State of Play.” These product showcases drop with little to no notice and reveal several of the most exciting video game trailers and developers’ commentary.
However you choose to showcase your products, remember that even a product promo is an opportunity to connect with your audience through an entertaining format.
Good agencies have more than 50 testimonials.
Great agencies have more than 100 testimonials.
WebFX has over 1000+ glowing client testimonials.See What Makes Us Stand out
Execute your YouTube video ideas with the pros
Transforming your brand’s vision into an informing, entertaining, and shareable video can seem like a complex task. Thankfully, WebFX is here to help! Our team of professionals has decades of experience in video production, marketing, advertising, strategizing, and more.
WebFX has generated over $3 billion for our clients through digital strategies in the last five years. Our team will walk alongside you to find the marketing insights that can inform excellent YouTube content for your brand.
The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years.@webfx
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more