Having a beautifully designed site is only half of the battle — you also need your website to appear in relevant search results. When you build your site on Shopify, your theme should look good and include search engine optimization (SEO) to help your site rank in search results. So, how do you find the best Shopify theme for SEO?
Luckily, we’ve got a list of the best Shopify themes for search engines. Keep reading to learn more about them! Need help choosing a design that works for your Shopify store?
Our award-winning team of designers can help you create a Shopify store that’s beautifully crafted and optimized for search engines. Contact us today to learn more! in a variety of industries.
We don’t want to tell you about the work we do, we want to SHOW you. View Our Portfolio
We’ve built over
in a variety of industries.
Why does SEO matter for your Shopify theme?
Before we dive into the list of best Shopify website themes for SEO, it’s important to address why you need an SEO-friendly theme. Why does it matter if your WordPress theme is optimized for SEO?
One of the biggest reasons to have a Shopify theme optimized for SEO is that it helps you drive traffic to your site. Having a beautifully designed site will go to waste if it doesn’t rank in search engines — your prospects won’t find it. When your Shopify website has an SEO-optimized theme, though, it follows SEO best practices to help you rank.
From having a fast-loading site to mobile-friendly pages, SEO-friendly themes for Shopify will deliver SEO-optimized themes that consider crucial ranking factors. Optimizing for these ranking factors is critical to helping you rank higher in search results. Google wants to deliver the best experience for users — focusing on ranking sites that optimize for critical ranking factors like page speed, user experience, internal linking, and more.
When you optimize your site for SEO and rank higher, you can drive more organic traffic to your site, and this organic traffic turns into valuable leads for your business.
Best Shopify themes for search engines: 5 themes you can use
So, what’s the best Shopify theme for SEO? We’ll start by mentioning that any theme you choose from Shopify’s theme store includes SEO as part of the design. Furthermore, Shopify includes additional features for every theme aside from SEO.
So, does that mean the best Shopify theme for SEO is… all of them? Technically speaking, yes. But something else you must consider with your Shopify theme is user experience (UX).
UX plays a critical role in determining your rank in search results — Google focuses on appeasing the searchers, so having a user-friendly website is a must. When you deliver a positive UX, users spend more time on your site. This increase in dwell time can help boost your rank in search results.
So, on this list of best Shopify website themes for SEO, we’ll focus on both SEO and UX to ensure you maximize your chances of ranking well in search results. Here are the five best SEO-friendly themes for Shopify stores:
1. Palo Alto
Styles: Palo Alto, Standford, SoMa Palo Alto is a great contender for the best Shopify theme for SEO. This minimalist theme offers everything your business needs to create an organized and modern online store.
This theme comes with numerous features that help you deliver a positive user experience, including:
- Optimization for large images: WordPress built this theme to handle the addition of large, high-resolution product images. Delivering high-quality, large product images is a great way to help you sell your products better to your audience since they can get a closer look at what you offer.
- Integration for customer testimonials: A great way to build trust with your audience and nudge them towards conversion is to show customer testimonials. The Palo Alto theme enables you to promote your products by sharing comments and quotes from your customers to increase sales.
- Quick buy: The quick buy feature creates a seamless experience that enables shoppers to add products to their cart without leaving the page. This element allows you to create a positive user experience where your audience can add products without losing their place when they’re shopping.
- Multi-level navigation: A multi-level navigation is a great way to provide a drop-down menu that your audience can use to find what they need. A multi-level menu helps you create organized navigation that makes it easy for your audience to find the products or services they want.
- Search-focused navigation: To deliver a positive user experience, you must make it easy for shoppers to find what they need fast. With search-focused navigation, users can search for products, tags, and more to find products that fit their needs.
If you’re looking for one of the best Shopify website themes for SEO that offers a minimalist style, Palo Alto is a great fit.
Styles: Clean, Mono, Reclaimed, Black If you’re looking for a grid-style layout, Vantage is one of the best SEO-friendly themes for Shopify stores looking to deliver a positive user experience.
Here are a few defining features of this theme that make it a top choice:
- Advanced product filtering: One of the best features of this theme is advanced product filtering. You can enable shoppers to filter by brand, type, size, or color to help them refine their searches and find relevant products. This feature allows you to deliver a positive user experience where shoppers can find what they need fast.
- Integration of color swatches: There’s nothing more frustrating than having to locate every individual listing that includes a color variation of a product you love. With the Vantage theme, though, you can add color swatches to your product listings, so shoppers know their options without putting in the extra effort.
- Product page gallery: The product page gallery enables you to showcase your products for your audience visually. You can integrate video clips and high-resolution images to help your audience get a better look. Vantage also has a built-in zooming feature so shoppers can get a closer look at your products.
- Multi-column menu: Your navigation is a critical component to ensuring your audience finds what they need fast. Vantage enables you to create an organized multi-column navigation that helps shoppers find information and products quickly.
The Vantage theme is an excellent option if you’re an ecommerce store looking to deliver a better user experience that helps you boost your rankings in search.
Styles: Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg If you’re looking for a promotional-style theme, Envy is a top contender for the best Shopify theme for SEO. This theme offers numerous features that help you keep prospects engaged longer and deliver a better experience.
Here are a few of Envy’s great features:
- Marketing popups: Envy offers a marketing popup feature where you can share promotional messages with customers as they navigate through your site. This feature enables you to trigger critical popups with information and offers at the right time to increase sales for your business.
- Multi-level navigation With the multi-level menu, you can create organized navigation that makes it easy for your audience to find what they need fast.
- Promotional banners: Having a sale or special promotion? Envy enables you to create promotional banners that catch your audience’s attention and get them to spend more time browsing on your site to learn about sales.
- Product image zoom: The biggest challenge online shoppers face is that they can’t see the products in person. With the Envy theme, though, the product image zoom makes it easy for shoppers to see the fine details of your product that they would normally see in person. It’s a great way to help shoppers see your product better.
- Mobile-first design: Considering Google users a mobile-first index, it’s critical to have a mobile-friendly website. The Envy theme is a mobile-first design template, which means it’s built with mobile users in mind first. Having a mobile-friendly theme will help you deliver a better experience for your audience.
Envy is an excellent option if you’re looking for a promotional style theme that enables you to deliver a customer-focused experience for your audience.
Styles: Classic, Modern One of the best Shopify themes for search engines is Expanse. This theme is great for ecommerce stores that have an extensive product catalog.
There are numerous great features with this theme, including:
- Custom promotion tiles: With the custom promotional tiles, you can promote any special sales or discounts you offer to catch your audience’s attention. It’s a great feature to have to keep your audience engaged and get them to check out your sales.
- Home page menu lists: With this feature, you can create a display menu that lists your store’s pages so users can easily navigate through all your products. It’s a must-have feature if you have an extensive product catalog.
- Quick buy: With the quick buy feature, your customers can add products to their cart with ease and continue shopping to find more.
- Custom collection sidebar filter: To help users sift through your products faster, you can add a collection sidebar filter to make it easy for users to find relevant products. You can set custom filters and tags to make it easy to find what shoppers want.
If you’re looking for the best Shopify theme for SEO that also provides a great shopping experience, Expanse is one of the best.
Styles: Victoria, Phoenix, Barcelona The last item on our list of best Shopify website themes for search engines is Artisan. This theme is an excellent option for businesses that provides products or services.
Here are a couple of great features you’ll get with the Artisan theme:
- Custom form: Artisan makes it easy for you to create a tailored form that enables leads to contact, inquire, or sign up for a newsletter. This feature is excellent for helping you capture leads that you can nurture into sales for your business.
- Product tables: With this theme, you can use product tables that enable shoppers to comparison-shop. Whether you offer a few products or a handful of services, you can create a table that allows you to highlight key features, pricing packages, and more. It’s a great feature to keep your audience engaged on the page.
- Single featured product: Offering a new product or service? With the single featured product, you can catch your audience’s attention and get them to check out what you now offer. It’s a great way to get your audience interested and get them to stay on the page to learn what’s new.
- Image gallery: Visuals are a great element to catch your audience’s attention and keep them engaged on the page. The Artisan theme allows you to create a portfolio page with feature images of whatever you like.
If you’re looking for SEO-friendly themes for Shopify that enable you to market your products or services, Artisan is a great choice.
Need help choosing the best Shopify theme for SEO?
Choosing the best Shopify theme for SEO is a big undertaking. You want to ensure it’s functional, user-friendly, and optimized to rank well in search.
If you’re unsure where to start with designing your Shopify store, our team at WebFX can help. We have an award-winning team of designers that can help you craft a website that drives more traffic and leads for your business. We’re no strangers to driving results — we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue and over 7.8 million leads for our clients in the past five years alone.
Ready to build a site that helps you rank better in search and drive more qualified traffic? Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our Shopify development services!