When it comes to Flash, there are some conflicting views. There is a misconception that that Flash web pages are not seen by search engines and can’t be indexed at all. Others reckon that Flash sites are not user-friendly and load for ages.
If you are one of those individuals who’ve overlooked and ignored Flash as a viable CMS, I hope this post will make you look twice.
1. FlashMoto Flash CMS
FlashMoto is an advanced Flash content management system that allows users to create fully editable, extensible and SEO-friendly Flash websites and easily manage them. FlashMoto is intended for Flash developers, freelancers and design studios that are engaged in creating custom Flash sites or modifying web templates. It provides an opportunity to create a website of any complexity, starting from an online business card to a full-fledged portfolio.
So far, there is no way to create multiple accounts for the CMS. In theory, FlashMoto allows the replacement of one template by another (but profound Flash skills required).
Royale CMS is a rebrandable content management system created by an interactive agency for agencies and freelancers. With this CMS, you may create the structure that fits your design. They make an emphasis on the rebranding feature: users may upload their own logo and change the colors.
Royale CMS is specifically designed for websites that typically use external XML data.
3. Saffron Flash CMS
Saffron CMS is a WYISWYG content management system for Flash-based websites. It is a set of seven readymade components and a controller component that can be incorporated into a Flash-based website and the website content can be updated without leaving the browser window.
fCMSPro is a Flash component from Flashloaded. It is a solid Flash content management system that provides a lot of useful features for fast and easy Flash website management. Like any other CMS, it makes it possible for users to update content directly on a live website.
Websites created with fCMSPro are search-engine-friendly.
5. Yooba CMS
Yooba is one of the convenient Flash content management systems that allow users to create rich-media content without having to be a programmer. The user interface looks and works just like any application installed on your computer. Yooba comes in two different account types: Professional (monthly subscription) and Enterprise (annual subscription).
Flashblocks is a simple Flash content management system aimed mostly at Flash designers. It provides easy ways to create, update, and arrange Flash content from any web browser.
FlashContentManager is a simple File Manager developed for Flash websites with external content that allows users to update text, images, SWFs, MP3s, etc. directly on a live website. It is aimed at both Flash designers and end-users.
The Flypaper Platform was designed specifically for agencies and companies that create and use interactive content. Non-technical users can create content without Flash skills and programming knowledge.
9. Maki CMS
Maki CMS Demo Maki is another simple content management system that allows users to build and update Flash-based websites. Maki provides a range of readymade templates that you choose and customize.
10. Flint CMS
Flint CMS is a simple Flash content editor that can be integrated into your own content management solution. It can be used with the news manager, product catalog, or anything else.
- What Is a Content Management System (CMS)?
- How to Evaluate What CMS to Use
- Issues with Apple’s Decision to Block Flash
- Adobe Flash Accessibility: Best Practices for Design
- Free Online Tools for Testing Your Website’s Speed
- Usability Testing Tools & Tips to Increase Your Website ROI
- 20 Free Online Tools for Website Speed Testing
- 5 Tools for Managing Multiple WordPress Sites from One Location
- 5 Bug Reporting Tools for Developers
- 26 Tools for Improving Your Website’s Page Speed
- 27 Free Tools to Help You Design a Better Website
- 7 Free Tools for Monitoring, Testing, and Improving Your Website
- 20 Useful Tools to Make Web Development More Efficient
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- Web Design for Excavation Companies: Top 5 Tips (With Examples!)
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fence Installers
- 5 Simple and Successful Web Design Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- Tips for Medical Website Designs
- Medical Website Design from an Award Winning Agency
- Top 10 Effective Web Design Tips for Auto Service Centers
- Web Design for Renewable Energy: Tips for a Site That Shines
- Insurance Website Design Services
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fertility Clinics
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.