- Published: Oct 30, 2013
- Last Updated: Mar 13, 2023
- 3 min. read
Trevin ShireyVP of Marketing
- Trevin serves as the VP of Marketing at WebFX. He has worked on over 450 marketing campaigns and has been building websites for over 25 years. His work has been featured by Search Engine Land, USA Today, Fast Company and Inc.
Pingdom’s free website speed testing tool not only looks great, but also gives you all the information you need to know about your site’s performance — load time, page size, a detailed page analysis, and more.
2. Load Impact
This free tool presents useful visuals about your website’s speed. Note: If you don’t sign up for an account on their site, your website’s performance info will be publicly available on their site.
As its name suggests, Google PageSpeed Insights provides you with insights about your website’s speed. This free tool will tell you about the performance issues it finds on your site, as well as give your site a performance grade.
GTmetrix is awesome because it also tests your site with YSlow (which is generally only available as a browser extension or a command line tool). Also, the tool allows you to download your results as a PDF, which might be useful.
What’s Your Favorite Website Speed Testing Tool?
There are lots of tools that can test your website’s speed and performance.
After reviewing a lot of these tools, I picked the top five online website speed testing tools I could find and discussed them above. Other tools to check out are:
- Which loads faster? – allows you to compare two websites to see which one loads the fastest.
- Web Page Analyzer – A simple tool that gives you lots of data about a web page, such as a summary table of the objects in the web page being tested.
- WebPagetest – a basic site speed testing tool.
If I missed your favorite website speed testing tool, please feel free to discuss it in the comments.
Trevin serves as the VP of Marketing at WebFX. He has worked on over 450 marketing campaigns and has been building websites for over 25 years. His work has been featured by Search Engine Land, USA Today, Fast Company and Inc.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more