What We're Looking For
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Undergraduate GPA MUST be above a 3.4). Master’s degree a plus - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
Certified Public Accountant (active or inactive)
Future Career Step- WebFX's current CFO is tracked to retire in ~3 years, and the Sr. Controller would be in line for this future promotion
- Robust knowledge of GAAP and ability to effectively and accurately apply principles throughout areas of responsibility. Solid understanding of P&L statements.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial reporting, financial closure, budgeting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Experience with accounting systems and the ability to easily adapt to unfamiliar software
- Exceptional Excel skills and working knowledge of MS office. Google Apps knowledge is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with leadership, team members, and external resources, including community members, regulators, auditors, and vendors.
- 5+ years of Senior Controller or Controller experience required
- Rapid growth business experience preferred
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven success developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Well-developed presentation skills to effectively communicate financial information to a variety of audiences with varying levels of understanding.
- Data driven decision making skillset
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools a must. Google Data Studio experience with BigQuery a plus.
- Planning and creation of business intelligence dashboards.
- Development of company and departmental budgets combined with forecasting and projecting
- Implementation of accounting controls and processes including the necessary documentation
- Development and tracking of company and department Key Performance Indicators
- At least 5 years of Senior Accountant or Controller experience required
- Exhibits sound judgment, attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Well organized and ability to prioritize competing demands with accuracy, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Driven, self-motivated and possess a passion for excellence
- Critical thinker with desire to improve efficiency
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and team developer.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done (hustle)
What You'll Do
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee input of A/R and A/P
- Execute and review automated and non-automated billing
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards, monitor cashflow accounts
- Assist in completion of payroll services and tax reporting
- Evaluate insurance, banking and other vendor requirements
- Provide financial analyses and reports, as needed, for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Oversee benefit plan administration
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Record and report financial results in compliance with GAAP and internal guidelines, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly P&L statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.
- Lead month end closing process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process in order to obtain appropriate insurance at a competitive price
- Lead the developing, administering and monitoring policies and operational procedures to ensure proper accounting and internal controls
- Coach and develop a team of financial professionals, providing the support necessary to achieve goals at expected standards and investing in the growth of each team member
- Assist in accounting software projects and automation projects
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects from stakeholders
- Work with a team of software developers to ensure financial systems developed are effective and functional and improve workflow and processes
- Our Bootcamp accounting training program will be provided for new WebFX family members.
- On-site, state of the art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, trend watch reports, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns
What You'll Get
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics. With training, development, and ability to consistently achieve goals and career objectives, this position has the potential to grow into a Chief Financial Officer role in 3-5 years.
Annual Bonus: Up to 30% of your salary based on goal achievement
Long-Term: An additional compensation plan based on your & WebFX's performance will be added
Candidates interested in the Sr Controller position at WebFX may also have interest in:
Accounting Management, Financial analysis, GAAP, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliations, Controls, etc.
- Flexible Schedule
- Pet Friendly Office
- Profit Sharing
- Little Amps Coffee & Tea Bar
- On-site Fitness Center
- 150% Company Match Of Personal Charity Donations
- Supplemental Insurance
- IRA With Company Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Wellness Program
- FXLearns Library
- Activity Groups
- Humanitarian Trips
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- New Parent Support
- Casual Dress Code
- Home Buyer Program
- Personal Desk Fund
- Green Commute Benefits
- Pawternity Leave