What We're Looking For
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Undergraduate GPA MUST be above a 3.4). Master’s degree a plus - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
Certified Public Accountant (active or inactive) highly preferred
- Robust knowledge of GAAP and ability to effectively and accurately apply principles throughout areas of responsibility. Solid understanding of P&L statements.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial reporting, financial closure, budgeting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Experience with accounting systems and the ability to easily adapt to unfamiliar software
- Exceptional Excel skills and working knowledge of MS office. Google Apps knowledge is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with leadership, team members, and external resources, including community members, regulators, auditors, and vendors.
- 5+ years of Senior Controller or Controller experience required
- Rapid growth business experience preferred
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven success developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Well-developed presentation skills to effectively communicate financial information to a variety of audiences with varying levels of understanding.
- Data driven decision making skillset
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools a must. Google Data Studio experience with BigQuery a plus.
- Planning and creation of business intelligence dashboards.
- Development of company and departmental budgets combined with forecasting and projecting
- Implementation of accounting controls and processes including the necessary documentation
- Development and tracking of company and department Key Performance Indicators
- At least 5 years of Senior Accountant or Controller experience required
- Exhibits sound judgment, attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Well organized and ability to prioritize competing demands with accuracy, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Driven, self-motivated and possess a passion for excellence
- Critical thinker with desire to improve efficiency
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and team developer.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done (hustle)
What You'll Do
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee input of A/R and A/P
- Execute and review automated and non-automated billing
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards, monitor cashflow accounts
- Assist in completion of payroll services and tax reporting
- Evaluate insurance, banking and other vendor requirements
- Provide financial analyses and reports, as needed, for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Oversee benefit plan administration
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Record and report financial results in compliance with GAAP and internal guidelines, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly P&L statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.
- Lead month end closing process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process in order to obtain appropriate insurance at a competitive price
- Lead the developing, administering and monitoring policies and operational procedures to ensure proper accounting and internal controls
- Coach and develop a team of financial professionals, providing the support necessary to achieve goals at expected standards and investing in the growth of each team member
- Assist in accounting software projects and automation projects
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects from stakeholders
- Work with a team of software developers to ensure financial systems developed are effective and functional and improve workflow and processes
- Our Bootcamp accounting training program will be provided for new WebFX family members.
- On-site, state of the art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, trend watch reports, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns
What You'll Get
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
Annual Bonus: Up to 30% of your salary based on goal achievement
Long-Term: An additional compensation plan based on your & WebFX's performance will be added
Candidates interested in the Sr Controller position at WebFX may also have interest in:
digital marketing, online marketing, paid advertising, search marketing, inbound marketing, web marketing, social media, content marketing, PPC, SEO, SEM, blogging, Facebook, customer service, writing, editing, research, communications, etc.
- Flexible Schedule
- Pet Friendly Office
- Profit Sharing
- Little Amps Coffee & Tea Bar
- On-site Fitness Center
- 150% Company Match Of Personal Charity Donations
- Supplemental Insurance
- IRA With Company Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Wellness Program
- FXLearns Library
- Activity Groups
- Humanitarian Trips
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- New Parent Support
- Casual Dress Code
- Home Buyer Program
- Personal Desk Fund
- Green Commute Benefits
- Pawternity Leave