What We're Looking For
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Undergraduate GPA MUST be above a 3.4). Master’s degree a plus - Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management
- Robust knowledge of GAAP and ability to effectively and accurately apply principles throughout areas of responsibility. Solid understanding of P&L statements.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (financial reporting, financial closure, budgeting, financial analysis, etc.)
- Experience with accounting systems and the ability to easily adapt to unfamiliar software
- Exceptional Excel skills and working knowledge of MS office. Google Apps knowledge is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant a plus – including keeping abreast of current accounting pronouncements
- 13+ years of progressive financial accounting experience, including public accounting
- 7+ years accounting management, including proven experience as a controller
- Exhibits sound judgment, attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Well organized and ability to prioritize competing demands with accuracy, in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate at various levels throughout the organization.
- Driven, self-motivated and possess a passion for excellence
- Critical thinker with desire to improve efficiency
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and team developer.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal direction, able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, able to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to get things done (hustle)
What You'll Do
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee input of A/R and A/P
- Execute and review automated and non-automated billing
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards, monitor cashflow accounts
- Assist in completion of payroll services and tax reporting
- Evaluate insurance, banking and other vendor requirements
- Oversee benefit plan administration
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Support most aspects of accounting management
- Record and report financial results in compliance with GAAP and internal guidelines, including accurate and timely preparation of monthly P&L statements, reconciliation of monthly balance sheet accounts, and explanation of related financial variances.
- Lead month end closing process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process in order to obtain appropriate insurance at a competitive price
- Lead the developing, administering and monitoring policies and operational procedures to ensure proper accounting and internal controls
- Coach and develop a team of financial professionals, providing the support necessary to achieve goals at expected standards and investing in the growth of each team member
- Assist in accounting software projects and automation projects
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and projects from stakeholders
- Work with a team of software developers to ensure financial systems developed are effective and functional and improve workflow and processes
- Identify cost saving opportunities and provide analysis and insight to senior management
- Provide financial analyses and reports, as needed, for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Manage the annual budget process, including any necessary maintenance and re-forecasts during the fiscal year.
- Identify potential financial risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Promote continual process improvement for accounting functions and business unit functions impacting financial records
- Cultivate an entrepreneurial spirit within the team and find ways to bring value to the organization as a whole
- Compile, review and analyze financial and statistical data to provide information and support. Partner with other team members in identifying opportunities for revenue growth, cost reduction, and improvement of performance metrics.
- Ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets and increase efficiencies. Seek opportunities to streamline processes, strengthen internal controls, and improve checks/balances. Facilitate the development, documentation, and implementation of enhanced processes. Review purchases, expense reports, capital projects, and other transactions for compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Prepare weekly forecast of revenue and expenses by department; monitor revenue and expenses in relation to budget and prior year; communicate forecast changes and budget variances to Operational and Finance management. Oversee the compilation and distribution of various monitoring reports.
- Administer sales incentive plans by computing periodic incentive earnings, initiating payment to plan participants, and communicating plan achievement to management.
- Our Bootcamp accounting training program will be provided for new WebFX family members.
- On-site, state of the art training amenities to facilitate departmental trainings, trend watch reports, and monthly Lunch-and-Learns
What You'll Get
Opportunities for Growth
WebFX grew 250%+ over the past 3 years, and merit-based promotional opportunities are abundant for new family members who meet or exceed position performance metrics.
Candidates interested in the Sr Controller position at WebFX may also have interest in:
digital marketing, online marketing, paid advertising, search marketing, inbound marketing, web marketing, social media, content marketing, PPC, SEO, SEM, blogging, Facebook, customer service, writing, editing, research, communications, etc.
- Flexible Schedule
- Pet Friendly Office
- Profit Sharing
- Little Amps Coffee & Tea Bar
- On-site Fitness Center
- 150% Company Match Of Personal Charity Donations
- Supplemental Insurance
- IRA With Company Matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Wellness Program
- FXLearns Library
- Activity Groups
- Humanitarian Trips
- Health/Vision/Dental Coverage
- New Parent Support
- Casual Dress Code
- Home Buyer Program
- Personal Desk Fund
- Green Commute Benefits
- Pawternity Leave