When clients search for an ear, nose, and throat (ENT) doctor online, your website is one of their first destinations. Just as your medical office is a physical space for your practice, your site is the center of your digital presence. Creating a comforting, organized space online provides a reassuring and reliable resource for clients.
Ideally, a website for an ENT doctor will provide new clients with information on available services while helping current patients receive updates about their care. In this guide, we’ll cover five essential web design tactics to meet your design goals.
For more tips and tricks on digital marketing from WebFX, sign up for one of our email newsletters!
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
1. Be interactive and easily reachable
Technology is constantly advancing and businesses must keep up. Once a client has found a way to schedule an appointment from the comfort of their couch, there’s no going back — and we don’t blame them! Now that convenience is accessible, you must incorporate these features into your site if you want to compete.
You should also be easily reachable. Someone searching for a new provider will likely have several questions concerning your practice. In addition to providing a space where they can contact you, be sure to answer quickly. You might not be the only office this client has contacted — but you want to be the first to respond.
Practical ways to make your website interactive and reachable include:
- Call-to-action buttons: The perfect blend of interactive and reachable, call-to-action (CTA) buttons provide an easy link to scheduling appointments, filling prescriptions, requesting referrals, and more.
- Interactive forms: Provide a space for patients to securely enter their medical information online, from health history to insurance details.
- Patient portals: An organized place to access interactive forms allows patients to easily manage their personal details on their own.
2. Make it mobile
Speaking of advanced technology, smartphones are quickly becoming the most popular devices, accounting for 52.2% of traffic. But how does this affect your website?
A mobile-friendly website is essential to reach all of these mobile users. It should automatically adjust to fit a smart device screen, whether readers are using a laptop or smartphone. Creating an adaptable layout gives everyone a better user experience, boosting your visibility on popular search engines.
While you should ideally set up your whole website to be responsive, it’s essential to focus on these major aspects:
- Homepage: Create a long-scrolling homepage with concise information about your practice spread throughout to keep readers engaged.
- Navigation menu: Viewing your website shouldn’t be a chore for users. Instead, a hamburger menu on a mobile device allows users to see all menu items in a dropdown format.
- Contact page: A significant perk of having a mobile-friendly website is that potential patients can click the number on your contact page to instantly call your office.
3. Create an organized layout
As we mentioned above, how your website is laid out can reflect your practice’s image. To prove to potential patients that your ENT services are the best solution for them, show professionalism throughout your page.
Keep in mind that 75% of website credibility comes from your design. Potential patients want to know that they can trust you with their health. One way to ensure they’ll stick around is to make your content easy to navigate.
People seeking a provider are probably coming to your site with several questions. However, if they can’t figure out how to find the answers on your page, they’ll likely go to a competitor where they can. When designing a site, put yourself in your patient’s shoes and think logically about where information should go. Web design has several navigation setups to ensure your site can flow the way you wish.
4. Post valuable content
Another way to gain credibility through your website is to create a space where you post valuable content. You want your patients to see you as a leader in the industry, providing them with all the answers they need. Posting content regularly can attract people to your website and keep them coming back for more info, even when they don’t need to schedule an appointment.
You can provide this extra information through a few platforms:
- Blogs: Incorporating health information related to your practice within blog posts can strengthen your brand and initiate a conversation with your patients.
- Patient reviews: A patient review is sometimes more telling than any blog post, as 97% of users read reviews before making a decision. And of those who do, 92% trust the recommendations from other people rather than another brand.
- FAQs or Q&A section: A frequently asked question (FAQ) or question and answer (Q&A) section is always a great way to answer common patient questions and show off your expertise.
5. Integrate your brand
Don’t leave potential patients guessing — present a clear understanding of what your services are and how you’re different from competitors. To do this, remain consistent with your branding throughout your entire website, telling your story and what you stand for on each page.
These are some elements to keep in mind when designing for consistency:
- Color palette: Use the same color scheme across your website, featuring two to three colors that match your audience. For example, if your ENT practice is geared toward adults, neutral colors are professional and calming. If your target audience is children, bright and playful colors are engaging — but make sure they are still readable.
- Font: Limit your fonts, keeping them simple and consistent between headers and paragraph text. Similar to your color palette, be mindful of your practice’s audience. A senior population will have more difficulty reading a curly script than a teenage population.
- Images: Be intentional about the photos you use. Take original pictures that convey your services clearly so patients can visually understand your practice. Place your logo throughout your site to communicate who you are and who you serve.
We’ll help you create a website that stands out.
“WebFX has been instrumental in helping us develop a new website, allowing us to be a leader in our industry.”Learn More About Our Web Design Services
Start growing your site with WebFX
Web design can be overwhelming, especially if you’re just getting started. A lot can weigh on making the right decisions for your site, so let WebFX help. We’re a full-service digital marketing company with a team of 500 experts to help you design the website of your dreams. Check out what our clients have to say about partnering with us.