PPC Tips for Pennsylvania Companies
Are you operating a business in Pennsylvania? Whether you’re in Allentown, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, or the state capital of Harrisburg, you want your pay-per-click (PPC) ad campaigns to successfully target your audience and bring you the best ROI possible. This means understanding what attracts prospective customers in Pennsylvania — and what will drive them to buy from your company.
Keep reading if you want to learn more, and give us a call at 888-601-5359 to speak with a PPC strategist.
Benefits of PPC advertising
First, let’s take a look at some of the top benefits of PPC advertising for PA businesses.
1. PPC is cost effective
One of the main benefits of PPC is that you only pay when people click your ads. This makes PPC an affordable advertising option. And you’ll avoid wasting money trying to reach people who aren’t interested in your products or services.
You can also adjust your PPC spend at any time to get the greatest possible ROI.
2. PPC works quickly
If you’re looking to quickly increase website visitors and leads, PPC can help.
PPC ads are easy to set up, and they can start driving relevant traffic to your site the minute you launch them. In addition, PPC can help you establish a presence in search results, while you boost organic rankings with SEO.
3. PPC is highly targeted
PPC offers a number of advanced targeting options to help you reach your ideal customers at the right time with ads that resonates with them.
Since PPC targets people who are already searching for your products, services, or business online, it will also produce more qualified leads for your business.
How PPC is different for PA companies
At first glance, it may seem like PPC for Pennsylvania companies shouldn’t be any different than PPC for companies in other parts of the country. But Pennsylvania consumers and businesses are a product of their environment. That means that they can’t help but be affected by facts such as:
- The five largest cities in Pennsylvania are, in order of population, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie, and Reading. (Harrisburg is the tenth largest, despite it being the location of PA’s state government.)
- There are 67 counties in Pennsylvania. Many of these counties are forested and have low populations.
- Much of Pennsylvania is rural. In fact, more than 25 percent of PA’s residents live in a rural region.
- Pennsylvania’s largest industries are energy, manufacturing, plastics, technology, agribusiness, life science, film, aviation, and tourism.
So, depending on where your business falls into these facts — and many others — will affect how you reach out to new customers. The key is maximizing your local appeal so that your local customers know you’re from their community.
Some of our client Successes
+95% case study ▸ IncreasedConversionRate by
+37% case study ▸ IncreasedLeadsGenerated by
+60% “We measure our success by how much we WOW our clients.”
Bill Craig WebFX President
Tips to maximize the impact of a Pennsylvania-based PPC campaign
When you’re creating a PPC campaign focused on capturing leads specifically in your region of Pennsylvania, it helps to keep the following questions in mind:
- What’s the best target area for your PPC campaign? You may look at Philadelphia and assume that you’ll want to geotarget the entire city, but this could be a waste of your resources. Philadelphia is divided into many neighborhoods, so your geotargets should reflect that. In the same vein, focusing on the town of Bloomsburg might not give you enough of a PPC kick. You might have to target surrounding cities and boroughs like as Danville, Almedia, or Orangeville.
- How are locations colloquially described? For instance, in the Harrisburg market, it’s common to refer to boroughs and cities on the “East Shore” or “West Shore.” Pittsburgh uses similar names like “North Side” and “South Side”. Most of us search based on the way we speak, so optimizing for those conversational terms is important.
- What is the regional dialect of your target area? This goes beyond the colloquialism of a city and jumps into how people term things in their everyday lives. In Pennsylvania especially, dialect can change from urban centers to rural towns or even across the center of the state. That’s why soft drinks are called “soda” near Philadelphia and “pop” near Pittsburgh — and there are plenty of dialect differences in addition to those!
- What are the strongest keywords and key terms for the area? Keyword popularity changes from city to city. Even if the cities are only 20-30 miles apart, the keywords that searchers use can be dramatically different. The more pinpointed you make your PPC campaign, the more important it is to find the strongest keywords for your specific area.
- How well does your town know your business? This is extremely important for all PPC campaigns that are targeted to small towns in Pennsylvania. If your company is well-known, such as a local hospital, residents might type in the company directly into the search engines. On the other hand, if the company isn’t well-known, it might not be appropriate to use your business’s name all the time, but instead some key industry terms.
WebFX is one of the top Pennsylvania PPC companies
If you and your marketing team are too busy with other aspects of your business, hiring a third party to help could work wonders for your bottom line. That’s where WebFX can help.
WebFX is a full-service Internet marketing company with an experienced, talented, and dedicated team that knows how to run successful PPC campaigns for any business in any industry. Our talented team members will set up your campaigns and optimize them to get the most clicks and conversions every time someone sees your ads.
Contact us today to grow your company through PPC campaigns.
Ready to start your PPC campaigns? Call 888-601-5359 or contact us online today to learn more about how WebFX helps Pennsylvania companies with their Internet marketing challenges.