A website for mental and behavioral health services has unique needs. With the goal of providing valuable healthcare to your clients, it’s crucial to make potential visitors feel comfortable, even online. Your website should be relaxing, informative, professional, welcoming, and authoritative — a tall order for any web designer.
Beyond this, your website should:
- Highlight your services. Your site visitors want to know what services you provide, including your areas of specialty or expertise.
- Show your empathy. Potential clients could be nervous about going to a therapist for the first time. Let them know you’re there to help.
- Educate patients. Your site should be a source of credible information for current and potential patients.
Call 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about web design services from WebFX, or keep reading to learn more about what mental health professionals need to keep in mind when designing a website.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
Choose the right colors
Good web design for therapists effectively utilizes color. Remember that your potential patients should feel at ease when they’re exploring your website. Loud, obnoxious, or aggressive colors might deter them, so aim for colors that are cool and relaxing but remain authoritative. Here’s a quick review of the most popular color choices for therapy sites:
- Blue. Blue has a calming effect, so it’s a natural choice for a therapist website. It also elicits feelings of trust, authority, and security.
- Green. Widely accepted as the color of the outdoors and finance, green is another great choice. It also evokes feelings of tranquility and positive health.
- Brown. Brown is warm, inviting, and nurturing, making it another viable option.
- White. Used appropriately, white can be effective for therapy sites because it shows a clean, fresh start. Too much white can appear stark and empty, so make sure to balance it with inviting colors if you choose it.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX has completely transformed my practice. With their support, I have expanded my practice significantly and grown exponentially. I could not have expanded to this degree, nor this quickly had it not been for the incredible efforts provided by WebFX and my team.”
Plan for user experience
Aesthetics are important, but your website should be designed with the user in mind. If it’s confusing and difficult to navigate, visitors will abandon the site and look elsewhere for what they need.
Simple navigation tends to work best. It’s easy to create, which is a plus for you, and site visitors can more easily find what they need. When you make information accessible, users are more likely to enjoy your site.
Also, you should position your name, address, and phone number on the homepage and create a separate contact page. You can also include a contact form, hours of operation, and the names of others involved in your practice.
Search engine optimization (SEO) relates to making your website more visible on search engines. When people search for therapists in your area, you want them to find you. If your SEO isn’t effective, your website won’t be found through organic searches.
Here are a few things to remember when it comes to SEO and your website design:
- Know your keywords. Figure out how potential clients are looking up therapists in your area, and use that same language on your website.
- Optimize every page. Use keywords appropriately on pages, keep your URLs concise, and use strong titles to draw attention.
Design your site for mobile use
Mobile Internet use is on the rise, and you have to make sure that your site is compatible with devices like smartphones. That’s why today, responsive design is absolutely necessary. This allows your website to conform to the size and shape of any device your visitors use to access it.
Responsive design makes your website easier to read, and that makes a more positive experience for your site visitors. And considering the number of users who search for information primarily from devices other than desktop computers, this can make or break your success with digital marketing.
Add a blog
If you’re not already publishing original content on your website, now is the perfect time to start. As you’re creating your new website or upgrade, be sure to add a content management system, so you can maintain an organized blog. Here are a few reasons why blogging is important for therapists:
- It establishes your position as an industry authority. Whether you’re a new therapist just starting out or you’re running an established practice, you have knowledge to share. People will read—and hopefully share—your content, which will help you grow or maintain your reputation as an industry thought leader.
- Blogging is good for SEO. The search engines reward websites that regularly post original, high-quality content.
- It builds trust. If your patients—current and potential—see that you take the time to post helpful content, it will show them that you’re passionate about your profession and gain their trust.
WebFX can help with web design
WebFX has a team of award-winning web designers that can give you the results you need to help your business grow. We can create exceptional work for your business, and we want to help you meet your practice’s goals. And we don’t use cookie-cutter templates either — every website we design is made from scratch, so it can reflect the personality and objectives of a specific business.
- 5 Effective Marketing Strategies for Therapists
- Content Marketing for Therapists
- Digital Marketing for Behavioral Health Companies
- How to Get More Online Therapy Clients [4 Stellar Strategies]
- Lead Generation for Mental and Behavioral Health
- SEO for Therapists: Mental Health Practice SEO
- Social Media for Mental and Behavioral Health
Earn a 20% greater ROI with WebFX
- Award-Winning Web Design for Erie, PA
- Web Design for Atlanta, GA
- Web Design for Baltimore, MD
- Web Design for Boston, MA
- Web Design for Charlotte, NC
- Web Design for Chicago, IL
- Web Design for Cleveland, OH
- Web Design for Columbus, OH
- Web Design for Dallas, TX
- Web Design for Denver, CO
- Web Design for Detroit, MI