PPC Resource Hub: Grow Your PPC Knowledge
In our digital age, it’s more important than ever to make your business stand out. If you’re trying to market your company, you should know about pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. PPC can be complicated, so if you’re not sure where to start, no worries! Continue reading to learn more about PPC marketing and for some great PPC advertising resources!
Home What is PPC? The All-Encompassing PPC Guide With pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, you can quickly increase your visibility online and target ads to your ideal prospects. Plus, you only pay when someone clicks on your ad, which helps you get […]
Home Data-Fueled Adtech Services Behind Over $3 billion in Client Revenue Get everything you need to implement highly-targeted advertising campaigns that reach more members of your target audience and entice them to convert into loyal customers with WebFX’s data-powered adtech […]
Home The Award-Winning Adtech Agency That Helps You Launch Data-Fueled Campaigns Meet WebFX — an industry-leading adtech agency that gives you access to award-winning adtech software and a team of experienced specialists. Our agency can help your business implement data-fueled […]
Home The 10 Best Google Ads Companies Around the World In this article, we’re going to talk about the best Google Ads companies in the world. Read on to learn more about the best Google Ads companies in your region! […]
Home 8 Top Adtech Companies in the World for 2022 Advertising technology, or adtech, is essential for streamlining advertising tasks and analyzing campaign results. But which adtech company or solution should you choose? We’re here to make your decision a […]
How to Boost Conversion Rates with Remarketing When you create an online marketing campaign, the ultimate goal is to get people to convert. You want people to see your advertisement and immediately become customers. The fact of the matter is […]
Partner With the SEO Agency Behind $2.4 Billion in Client Results Capture more traffic, rankings, and revenue with WebFX, the SEO agency for companies looking to drive revenue from search. Learn how our custom plans, award-winning team, and AI-powered software […]
What is pay-per-click (PPC) advertising?
What is PPC? If you’ve ever been on Google or Bing, you’ve probably seen it!
Pay-per-click advertising, commonly referred to as PPC, is a type of digital advertising where a company pays to have its website shown on the search engine results page (SERP). The organization then pays for each person who clicks on the ad.
How does PPC advertising work?
PPC advertising works by matching Internet users’ searches with keywords targeted by the ads.
The company then pays for each person who clicks on the ad and gets led to the company’s website. This way, your company isn’t being charged every time someone simply looks at the ad and continues to scroll.
PPC must get set up through an ad platform, like those mentioned above, and there are several requirements for creating ads. The advertiser sets a baseline bid amount, which can get adjusted later for specific keywords or search queries that they anticipate will drive revenue.
Learn more about the basics of PPC
PPC basics resources
- What Is PPC? Your Guide to Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- A 7-Minute Explanation of PPC
- PPC 101: Your Introduction to PPC Basics
- What Is Digital Advertising? (Your Digital Ad Handbook)
- What Is Search Engine Marketing? | Your Introduction to SEM
- Organic Search vs. Paid Search: What’s the Difference?
- What Is Programmatic Advertising?
- Programmatic Advertising 101: Definition, How It Works, and Tips
- PPC Marketing: Your Ultimate Guide to PPC Advertising
- Types of PPC: 8 Types of Paid Advertising to Grow Your Business
- PPC Automation: How It Can Help You Grow Your Business
Learn more about how PPC works
There are plenty of ways to advertise a business online. The most common PPC advertising platforms are popular due to their ease of use and high traffic. Still, it can also be beneficial to explore PPC advertising on lesser-known platforms.
Check out this list to see where your business can use PPC advertising:
Not surprisingly, Google is the most commonly used platform for PPC advertising, likely because Google is overwhelmingly the most popular and widely used search engine in the world.
Google’s advertising platform Google Ads is relatively easy to use, especially for those with marketing backgrounds. The almost four billion Google searches per day make advertising on Google and reaching your target market a smart decision.
Microsoft Advertising, also called Bing Ads, is an excellent alternative to Google.
Of course, because Google gets more widely used, Bing doesn’t have nearly as many searches. However, Microsoft Advertising can offer lower costs, though less traffic volume. If you know your target audience, however, you can use Microsoft Advertising to your advantage.
Because of its growing popularity, social media is an excellent resource for advertising.
Facebook and Instagram are two of the most popular social media platforms globally, making them a great option to start with PPC advertising. Even better, through Facebook’s Instagram integration, advertisers can create one ad to run on both platforms.
Learn more about PPC platforms
PPC platform resources
- Best Places to Advertise Your Business Online
- Top 18 Paid Advertising Platforms | Best PPC Ad Networks
- 8 Top Programmatic Platforms and How to Choose One
- The Top 10 Display Ad Networks Online
- Google Ads or Facebook Ads: What to Know Before You Advertise
- Google Ads vs. Bing Ads: Which Is Right for Your Business?
- Google Shopping vs. Bing Shopping: Which Platform Is Best?
Google Ads resources
- Google Advertising: What Are Google Ads and How Do They Work?
- What Is Google Ads? (And How Does Google Ads Work?)
- 57+ Google Ads Statistics to Know
- 7 Tips for Mastering Google Ads Campaigns
- Your Pricing Guide to Google Remarketing Costs
- 5 Google Ads Mistakes You Might Be Making and How You Can Fix Them
- How Much Does it Cost to Advertise on Google?
- Why Quality Score Matters to Google Ads Users
- 11 Common Google Ads Login Problems and How to Fix Them
- Google Ads Management: How to Manage Your Ads Like a Pro
Bing Ads resources
Why use PPC advertising?
What attracts so many people to PPC advertising? Why use it in your marketing?
It’s simple: Pay-per-click advertising is a relatively easy and quick way to get your business’s name out there. Compared to other marketing or advertising methods, PPC is straightforward and easier for non-advertising professionals to understand.
What are the benefits of PPC advertising? Besides being quick and easy to use, PPC is great for targeting specific customers or audiences, capturing sales faster, and adapting to changing search trends.
Learn more about the benefits of PPC
How to get started with PPC marketing
So, how can you get started with PPC advertising?
If you’re ready to try it for yourself, go ahead and start an account on one of the recommended platforms, like Google Ads. Note that you will have to enter your credit card information before you do anything else.
If this is your first time researching PPC, review the ad network’s documentation before launching your campaign, like on how to set up a campaign, adjust targeting settings, upload creatives, and more. You don’t want to spend money before you’re ready accidentally.
6 tips for managing a successful PPC campaign
How do you manage a successful PPC campaign?
Here are some great tips for earning more revenue from your PPC ads:
1. Conduct keyword research
In addition to completing keyword research when you first begin your campaign, it’s necessary to continue adding and removing keywords based on current trends, competitor actions, and your company’s products and services.
With this tactic, you can ensure your campaign is staying relevant with users’ searches.
2. Check your quality score
If your quality score is too low, Google and other search engines may stop it from matching with searches altogether. Check the quality of your ads every so often and work on ways to improve your ads, like by improving your landing page’s relevance to users.
3. Monitor your results
How can you improve your campaign if you’re not monitoring it? An easy way to make sure you’re getting the best results for what you’re spending is to look at your campaign data and adjust your ads based on what you see, like every week.
4. Run A/B tests
A/B testing can help you determine what is (and isn’t) working well for your PPC ads. Figure out what can be improved, make the changes, and repeat the process! This method can greatly impact the success of your PPC ads.
5. Check landing pages
Make sure your landing page is relevant to the search, and more importantly, up and running! The way users perceive your landing page is an essential factor in the success of advertising. If you don’t have a user-friendly website, your ads won’t drive revenue.
6. Add negative keywords
Negative keywords are a hidden gem of PPC advertising because they prevent your ad from displaying in searches that aren’t relevant, like for a “free” product. They can be almost as effective in the success of your PPC campaign as your targeted keywords.
Get more PPC tips and best practices
General PPC tips
- 4 Steps to Managing a Successful PPC Campaign
- The 10-Step PPC Audit Guide & Checklist
- 6-Step PPC Auditing Checklist
- How to Excel at Google Ads Campaign Management
- How to Improve Your PPC Results: 6 Super Effective Tips
- 5 Common PPC Mistakes
- 4 Ways to Improve Your PPC ROI
- PPC ROI for Ecommerce | 5 Best Practices to Boost Your ROI
- 4 Ways to Generate Leads with PPC Ads
- 5 PPC Tools to Help Your Strategy Soar
Tips for writing ad copy
PPC budget tips
Landing page tips
- 10 Examples of Landing Pages That Convert
- How to Create Landing Pages That Generate Leads
- 13 Landing Page Design Best Practices
- 4 Tips for Creating WordPress Landing Pages
- 6 Benefits of Using Landing Page Monkey
- 4 Tips for Creating Wix Landing Pages That Drive Results
- 6 Ways to Remarket with Google Ads
- Top 8 Best Practices for Retargeting Ads
LegitScript for PPC
An essential part of managing PPC campaigns is tracking and analyzing results, which gives you the information you need to improve your strategy.
Many PPC platforms, such as Google Ads, provide in-depth metrics about your campaigns as they run.
You can track metrics such as:
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Conversion rate
- Cost per click (CPC)
- Cost per acquisition (CPA)
- Return on ad spend (ROAS)
Keeping track of metrics like these and analyzing your performance data lets you see what’s working well and what isn’t. You can then use this information to fine-tune your campaigns to improve your results.
Learn more about PPC analytics
PPC analytics resources
- PPC Analysis: 4 Tips for Conducting an Impactful PPC Analysis
- 5 Benefits of Using a Cost Per Click (CPC) Calculator
- 5 PPC Call Tracking Benefits for Your Business
- The 6 Most Important KPIs for Google Ads
- Google Ads Data Hub: Everything a Marketer Needs to Know
- The Essential Google Ads Position Metrics You Need to Know
- 5 PPC Reporting Mistakes and How to Prevent Them
- What Is a PPC Report & How Can You Build One for Your Business?
- The Best PPC Dashboard to Boost Your Clicks, Conversions & Sales
Working with a PPC agency
One of the best ways to make the most of your PPC ad spend is to work with a professional PPC management agency.
A PPC agency can manage aspects of your campaigns such as:
- Planning your strategy
- Setting up your campaigns
- Building landing pages
- Optimizing your bids
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting results
Hiring a PPC company can be beneficial because these agencies have the expertise, team, and resources to get optimal results quickly and improve your ROI. Working with an agency will save you time and allow you to focus on other aspects of running your business.
Learn more about working with PPC agencies
PPC agency resources
- What PPC Specialists Do (or Should Do) for Your Business
- 8 Benefits You Get When You Outsource PPC Campaigns
- How to Choose a PPC Agency: 6 Important Decision-Making Factors
- PPC Experts: What You Should Know Before Hiring PPC Experts
- How to Choose a PPC Account Manager
- The Advantages of Using an Ads Certified PPC Company
- The 10 Best PPC Companies Around the World
- Why Hire a Google Ads Consultant?
- 7 Benefits of Working with a Google Partner Agency
Our PPC services
- PPC Services: Drive Sales With PPC Management Services
- View PPC Management Packages & Pricing
- Landing Page Design Services for Your PPC Campaigns
- Improve Your Paid Search ROI With PPC Consulting Services
- Paid Search Management Services
- Remarketing Services
- Ecommerce Retargeting for Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Google Local Services Ads Management
- Shopping Feed & Coupon Management Services
- Enterprise PPC Management
- PPC Management Services for Amazon
- Affordable PPC Management Services
Our PPC agency
- Grow Your Pay-Per-Click Revenue With a Top PPC Agency
- Search Engine Advertising Agency: SEM Services
- A Remarketing Agency That Drives More Conversions
- Landing Page Agency | $3 Billion Driven for Clients
- Say Hello to Your Google Ads Agency
- B2C PPC Agency: Partner With the PPC Experts at WebFX
- The B2B PPC Agency You Can Trust
- SMB PPC Agency: Earn More Ad Clicks with WebFX
- The Best Pay-Per-Click Advertising Company for SMBs
- Drive Sales With a Proven Ecommerce PPC Agency and Google Premier Partner
PPC pricing resources
- How Much Does PPC Cost? | PPC Management Pricing
- PPC Landing Page Pricing
- Your Pricing Guide to Google Remarketing Costs
- Online PPC Pricing: How Much Does PPC Cost?
- How Much Does Ecommerce PPC Cost?
- How Much Do SEM Services Cost?
- How Much Does it Cost to Advertise on Google?
- How Much Does It Cost to Advertise on Bing?
Got questions? Check out the articles below for answers to some of the most common PPC advertising FAQs.
PPC FAQ resources
- 11 PPC FAQs That Every New Advertiser Should Ask
- What Is PPC Management? (And Does Your Company Need It?)
- What Does PPC Stand For?
- How Does PPC Bidding Work?
- What is Retargeting and How Does it Work?
- Is Display Advertising Effective?
- Does PPC Impact SEO?
- How Do Search Engines Rank Paid Ads?
- Do Blocked Ads Count Toward PPC / PPV Impressions?
- Should You Create PPC Ads for Your Competitors’ Names?
- What Are Google Ad Grants?
- What Are Negative Keywords?
- What Is Behavioral Retargeting and How Can You Use It?
- What Are Dynamic Landing Pages?
Additional channels and strategies
Discover additional digital marketing strategies that your business can use to increase its online visibility, plus drive leads and revenue.
Learn how to earn more revenue from PPC
Are you ready to get a higher ROI from your PPC campaign? Get industry news, tips, and tricks, and more from our team of more than 500 industry experts by signing up for WebFX’s newsletter today.
Or, if you’re looking for all-in-one PPC management, check out our PPC plans!