Interns do not need to have all of the qualifications or experience listed below, but a willingness to learn is essential. Ideal intern will have the following traits:
- Student working towards Associates, Bachelors, or Masters Degree in IST, IT, MIS, or other related field (GPA must be above a 3.4)
- Passion for technology, likes to get things done, commitment to delivering high quality and defect free solutions to team members
- Strong time management skills, can meet deadlines consistently
- Take direction well, but also able to make decisions and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Up-to-date on the latest business office technologies
- Professional, dependable, solid work ethic, detail-oriented, dedication to quality, self motivated
- Enjoys solving problems
- Customer-centric mentality
- Comfortable configuration and troubleshooting Windows 7, 8, and 10 issues.
- Working with our IT Help Desk Specialist to provide Internal Team Support including:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Educate team members on technology.
- Help to maintain performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for team members seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk team members through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks (WiFi), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for team members.
- Support online software configuration and answer team member questions.
- Installing and Configuring new Windows and Mac workstations.
About the Position
This position is flexible with hours and days, and averages up to 20 hours per week, if the candidate is available. Intern will enjoy his or her own workspace and computer, along with the ability to wear jeans/casual dress to work each day. Letters of recommendation are provided along with the ability to learn valuable skills necessary in the field of web application development and computer programming.
$14 per hour