HVAC SEO Services: SEO for HVAC Contractors & Companies
In the past, HVAC companies could rely on print advertising and referrals as successful ways of gaining clients. However, 87% of people now do product research online, making the Internet a critical channel for HVAC businesses looking to grow.
Your future customers are searching for HVAC businesses online, and if you want to reach them, your business needs to be one of the first things they see in Google search results.
With search engine optimization (SEO), you can make that happen.
If you need help developing, launching, and maintaining an HVAC SEO strategy for your business, WebFX can help. With more than 6.3 million leads generated in the past five years for our clients’ businesses and more than 300 experienced SEOs, we’re your trusted partner.
Contact us online or call us at 888-601-5359 to get a custom proposal for our SEO services for HVAC companies and contractors. Or, keep reading to learn more about HVAC SEO and how our services can help your business grow.
What is SEO for HVAC?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. SEO encompasses all of the steps you take to improve your HVAC site’s ranking for specific industry-related terms.
Internet users use search engines every day to find information about heating and cooling, and many of them are looking for an HVAC specialist in their area.
If your website isn’t properly optimized, it won’t show up as a result for those searches, which prevents your customers from finding you. If you don’t want to lose potential customers, a solid HVAC SEO marketing strategy is definitely necessary.
Our HVAC SEO services
Traditional HVAC SEO services
Our traditional HVAC SEO services provide your business with a complete solution to SEO. From on-page to off-page SEO, this service offers everything your company needs to increase its visibility in valuable search results.
A few examples of what our HVAC SEO services come with include the following:
- Keyword research, selection, and optimization for your website
- Information architecture audit
- Google Analytics account creation, website traffic analysis, and conversion tracking setup
- Phone call tracking for web-generated phone calls
- Monthly reporting for traffic, goals, and return on investment (ROI)
If you’d like to learn more about what our traditional SEO services include, browse our deliverables!
Local HVAC SEO services
With our local HVAC SEO services, your company can focus on maximizing its visibility in local search results. Local SEO is critical for businesses with a target audience concentrated in a specific area, like a city, versus across a region.
Some key focuses of our local SEO services for HVAC companies include:
- Citation setup and optimization for Google My Business, Facebook, and more
- Local citation management, like for Google My Business and Facebook
- Monthly local SEO reports that cover profile views, phone calls, direction requests, and more
If you’re looking to manage your HVAC company’s local search presence, you can also take advantage of our client-managed local SEO services. With this service, you can streamline local listing management with our software, LocalFX, but lead your local SEO initiatives in-house.
Enterprise SEO services
For enterprise-level HVAC companies, our enterprise SEO services offer a turnkey solution to increase your rankings and visibility on Google, as well as your leads, sales, and revenue from the web. Businesses that already rank for hundreds of long-tail keywords will benefit the most from this service.
Here are a few examples of what our enterprise SEO services for HVAC companies include:
- Complete technical SEO audit
- Keyword research, selection, and integration
- Routine conversion rate optimization (CRO) analysis
- Custom link development strategy
As a part of our enterprise-level services, you also receive a dedicated team of SEOs, which provides your business a competitive HVAC SEO strategy, as well as access to some of the most experienced SEOs in the industry.
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
What do our HVAC SEO services include?
At WebFX, we offer a few different SEO plans to meet the needs of your business. While these plans feature distinct deliverables, like additional keywords targeted or phone calls tracked, you can trust all our plans to include the following:
- Dedicated account manager
- Custom HVAC SEO strategy
- Ongoing competitor analyses and tracking
- Regular SEO reporting
- And more!
Our agency uses white-hat versus black-hat tactics. That means we use approved and recommended SEO tactics for improving your visibility in search results. In comparison, others will use spammy and short-lived strategies to increase your visibility briefly.
How do our HVAC SEO services work?
Curious about how our HVAC SEO services help your business not only earn more visibility in search results on Google but also more phone calls and leads? Great, because this section provides an overview of how our SEO services for HVAC companies work.
1. Research your HVAC company and competitors
Your SEO strategy begins with research. In this stage, your dedicated account manager researches:
- Your offline and online competitors
- Your company
- Your goals
- Your services
- Your target audience
- And more
Expect your account manager to ask about your business, goals, and target market. These questions (and your answers) help your dedicated account manager create a strategy for your HVAC business that works towards achieving your short- and long-term goals.
2. Audit your current HVAC SEO strategy
Next, your dedicated account manager assesses your current HVAC SEO strategy by looking at your:
- On-page optimizations
- Off-page optimizations
In this step, your dedicated account manager completes an SEO audit. This audit helps your account manager prioritize updates, like making a page mobile-friendly or optimizing a title tag. It also allows them to build a competitive strategy.
3. Optimize your website and local citations for SEO
Following their research, your account manager begins optimizing your site and local citations, like by:
- Claiming your Google My Business account
- Remedying duplicate content on your website
- Incorporating valuable keywords into existing site content
- Developing new content for your website
- Promoting your content to influencers, trusted industry sites, and more
- Creating your website sitemap
- Optimizing site images according to SEO best practices
- And more
This stage is critical to your HVAC SEO marketing. With these optimizations, your dedicated account manager makes your website more visible and useful to search engines and users, which can result in higher rankings and visibility.
4. Measure your HVAC SEO performance
Throughout this process, your dedicated account manager monitors and measures your SEO performance. They look at your website’s rankings, as well as organic traffic and core digital marketing metrics, like conversions, time on page, and more.
For your convenience, your account manager compiles all this data in an easy-to-read report.
If you’d like to access your campaign data more often, though, you can use MarketingCloudFX. A client-exclusive marketing automation software, MarketingCloudFX offers a convenient summary of your SEO strategy, from its ROI to its phone calls.
5. Improve your HVAC SEO with campaign-specific data
Finally, your dedicated account manager continues to improve your HVAC SEO strategy, like by:
- Finding new keywords to target
- Updating older pages
- Integrating new structured data on relevant pages
- Compiling web design update recommendations for improved usability
- And more
These continuous improvements help your business maximize its search visibility and attract more HVAC leads. Plus, they keep your business ahead of competitors. With WebFX, you can trust your company will remain at the head of HVAC SEO.
[Bonus] 3 HVAC SEO tips to try
SEO for HVAC companies can be confusing if you’re new to the game, but there are a few basic steps that you can take to get on your way to an optimized website. By following this process, you can improve your chances of ranking well and attracting new customers.
1. Conduct keyword research
Before you can start optimizing your site, you need to know what words and phrases your potential customers use when they search for HVAC services. Once you know these terms, you can incorporate them on your website so that your customers can easily find you based on what they’re searching.
If you’ve never done keyword research, here’s how to get started:
- Use Google Ads: Google Ads is Google’s paid advertising product, but even if you aren’t interested in running PPC ads, the Keyword Planner tool can be helpful in choosing keywords that are right for your website. Simply enter a few words or phrases, and the tool will tell you how competitive each keyword is, as well as its monthly search volume. Ideal keywords are ones that have a high search volume and a low competition—meaning they are searched often, but there aren’t many websites competing for those keywords.
- Use the Google search bar: Using the Google search bar is a simple way of figuring out popular search terms. You can do so by going to Google’s homepage and beginning to type possible search terms. Popular long-tail searches will automatically appear, and they can be extremely useful in your HVAC SEO strategy.
- Download our keyword research guide: Although these tools will help you get started, there are many other ways to identify targeted keywords for your site. For a more in-depth look, download our free beginner’s guide to keyword research.
Keep track of all of the keywords you identify as you go, and use them as you move to the next step in our strategy.
2. Optimize your pages individually
The users who visit your site can be broken down into three categories:
- Those who are searching specifically for your HVAC business: These users want to find you, and aren’t interested in looking for another company. They want to know more about you and the services you provide and they’re interested in your contact information, hours of operation, and services. As long as you have a working website and your on-page SEO elements are properly optimized, this group won’t have trouble finding you.
- Those who are looking for any HVAC specialists in your area: These people aren’t sold on using your business specifically, but they’re interested in finding a service provider. They likely want to know your prices, and they’re looking to compare your services to those of your competition. If you’re ranking for the correct long-tail keywords, which likely include your geographic location, this group should be able to find you online.
- Those who aren’t currently looking for a heating and cooling company: These people stumble upon your website by chance. Maybe they were reading an article or blog that linked to your website, or stumbled across one of your posts on social media. If they liked what they read, they may turn to your business when they’re in need of HVAC services down the road.
As you optimize your website for these separate groups, you should use different target keywords for each of your pages. Remember that search engines index your pages individually and not your website as a whole.
With unique keywords for each page, you can attract a variety of different visitors.
3. Create and share informative, engaging content
According to a recent survey, 84 percent of companies have a content marketing strategy.
This not only a testimony to its effectiveness, but also means that if you aren’t utilizing content marketing, you’re already behind in terms of Internet marketing. Thankfully, getting started with content creation doesn’t have to be difficult.
When you hear the word “content,” you may think of blogs — and for good reason.
A blog is one of the easiest ways to keep your site active and generate traffic, and with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress, it doesn’t require HTML experience.
Creating content that resonates with your audience will help you gain traction online and continue to increase your visibility in search engines. Every new piece of content is another chance to rank in search. Content marketing can also:
- Help you establish credibility and authority
- Provide entertainment for your site visitors
- Establish a voice for your brand
- Give visitors the information they need
Besides blogging, there are many other ways to produce and share content.
Consider creating how-to guides, news stories, downloadable content, videos, podcasts, infographics, and more.
Make HVAC SEO easy with WebFX
As an HVAC professional, your time is best spent repairing and installing heating and cooling systems—not conducting keyword research and writing blog posts. So if you don’t have time to plan, launch, and nurture an SEO campaign, we’d love to hear from you.
Request a free quote online or call us at 888-601-5359 to learn how our team of Internet marketing experts can help you develop and implement a successful SEO strategy and start attracting more clients for your HVAC business.