Macy StormSenior Content Creator
- November 24, 2021
- 7 minute read
- Macy is a marketing writer with over five years of experience creating content for dozens of industries including food and beverage, home services, and education. She also specializes in creating SEO and PPC content. Her work has been featured by Search Engine Journal, HubSpot, Entrepreneur, Clutch, and more. In her free time, Macy enjoys trying new crafts and reading comic books.
Did you know that 76% of Americans can be reached with ads on Facebook? Advertising on Facebook is an effective way to reach people interested in what you offer. And with Facebook Marketplace ads, you can advertise to people right where they shop.
On this page, we’ll answer all your questions about Facebook Marketplace ads, including:
- What are Facebook Marketplace ads?
- Why should I advertise on Facebook Marketplace?
- How do I start creating Facebook Marketplace ads?
- How can I advertise on Facebook Marketplace effectively?
Keep reading to learn more about how you can harness the power of Facebook Marketplace ads to drive more revenue for your business!
P.S. Want to get insider tips and tricks for marketing your business online? Join 200,000 marketers by subscribing to Revenue Weekly!
What are Facebook Marketplace ads?
Facebook Marketplace is a platform within Facebook where users can buy and sell new and used products. The exchange is similar to Craigslist.
On Facebook Marketplace on mobile devices, paid ads appear alongside organic product listings. Currently, Marketplace ads also show in the standard Facebook Feed. You can manage Facebook Marketplace ads through Facebook’s Ads Manager.
Why should I create Facebook Marketplace ads?
Unsure if advertising on Facebook Marketplace is right for you? Here are three reasons you’ll want to advertise your products through this marketplace:
- Facebook Marketplace is popular: One of the biggest reasons to advertise on Facebook Marketplace is that lots of people shop there. Facebook boasts over 1 billion shoppers, making it a viable option for reaching people interested in what you offer.
- Facebook Marketplace ads increase your visibility: With thousands of people selling on Facebook Marketplace, it’s easy for your listings to get lost in search results. With Facebook Marketplace ads, you can increase your visibility and appear higher in results.
- Facebook Marketplace ads increase revenue: Running Facebook Marketplace ads allows your business to appear higher in more relevant results. Due to this, you will see increased conversions and sales, which leads to increased revenue for your business.
Facebook Marketplace ads are an excellent option for your business if you’re looking to reach more qualified leads and turn them into revenue for your business.
How to run ads on Facebook Marketplace
If you want to know how to advertise on Facebook Marketplace, follow these three steps to launch Marketplace ads!
1. Create a Facebook Business Manager account
To start advertising on Facebook Marketplace, you must begin by creating a business account. You can go to the Facebook Business Manager website and set up your account there.
Having a Business Manager account will give you access to advertising on Facebook Marketplace so that you can set up your ad campaigns. It also provides you with tracking and insight into your campaigns, so you can continually tweak and improve your Marketplace ads.
2. Add the Facebook Pixel to your website
The Facebook Pixel is a crucial component to helping you advertise on Facebook Marketplace. This pixel enables you to track who’s visiting your website and advertise to them on Facebook.
You’ll want to install the pixel on critical pages on your website, like your product pages, so you can advertise your products to users when they shop on Facebook Marketplace.
3. Create your ad
Now that you have your account set up and your Facebook Pixel installed, it’s time to start advertising on Facebook Marketplace! You can create your Facebook Marketplace ad by following these steps:
- Go into Ads Manager
- Click “Create” to create a new campaign
- Select your ad objective
- Choose your target audience
- Set your ad placement (Must select Newsfeed and Marketplace because Marketplace isn’t offered as a standalone ad placement)
- Set your budget (daily and lifetime)
- Set your ad schedule
- Choose your ad format
- Add your ad content
- Launch your ad campaign!
5 tips for running Facebook Marketplace ads
Now that you know how to place ads on Facebook Marketplace, it’s time to work on creating ad campaigns that drive more sales for your business. Here are five tips to help you advertise on Facebook Marketplace effectively:
1. Use a high-quality product photo
When you’re advertising on Facebook Marketplace, you want your ads to stand out from other listings. The best way to do that is to use a high-quality product photo.
You need to have a clear product photo that shows what you offer. You don’t want to use an image that’s grainy or stretched, as it will deter people from clicking on your ads. A high-resolution photo will help you earn more clicks on your ads, resulting in more sales and revenue.
2. Refine your target audience
A key component to a successful Facebook Marketplace ads campaign is targeting the right people. You want your ads to appear in front of the people who are most likely to purchase your products.
To help more relevant buyers find your ads, start by refining your target audience. You can segment your audience into groups based on their:
- Demographic information
- Socioeconomic status
- Buying habits
- And more
By segmenting your audience, you’ll help your ads appear in front of people who are more likely to buy from you.
3. Think local
When people browse on Facebook Marketplace, they often look for local sellers who offer what they need. While Facebook Marketplace provides the option to ship products to shoppers, people generally want to avoid the shipping fees and pick up local.
So, when you’re crafting your Facebook Marketplace ads, think about targeting local shoppers. Focus on people in your target audience who live near your business and drive them to visit your company.
4. Give video ads a try
With advertising on Facebook Marketplace, the most common type of ad is a photo ad. While photo ads are effective for helping you catch people’s attention, video ads are a unique way to help you stand out from your competition.
When your audience is scrolling through stand-still listings, a moving picture will catch their eye.
If you opt to use a video when you advertise on Facebook Marketplace, make sure it’s high resolution. Grainy and pixelated videos won’t earn your listing clicks.
5. Monitor your Marketplace ads
When you advertise on Facebook, you don’t want to launch your campaign and forget about it. It’s critical that you continually evaluate your campaign performance and adjust to improve results.
With advertising on Facebook Marketplace, you want to track your ads to see how effective they are for your audience. You can track important metrics like:
- Clickthrough rate (CTR)
Having this information enables you to evaluate your campaigns and adjust and improve their performance.
Need help creating Facebook Marketplace ads?
If you’re in unfamiliar territory with Marketplace ads, the experts at WebFX can help. As a Facebook Marketing Partner, we know how to advertise on Facebook Marketplace and help you reach more qualified leads that turn into sales.
Our team takes a client-first approach to marketing to help you maximize results for your business. In the past five years, we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue for our clients, so you can feel confident we’ll help your business drive more revenue.
Macy is a marketing writer with over five years of experience creating content for dozens of industries including food and beverage, home services, and education. She also specializes in creating SEO and PPC content. Her work has been featured by Search Engine Journal, HubSpot, Entrepreneur, Clutch, and more. In her free time, Macy enjoys trying new crafts and reading comic books.
WebFX provides digital marketing solutions with expert marketers, designers, and developers to increase visibility, conversions, and revenue. Learn more