Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms today. With consumers scrolling on the platform daily, it’s an excellent channel to promote your business and reach your audience where they spend most of their time.
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of 2023 Facebook statistics for marketers to show how powerful this platform can be for your business.
Keep reading to dive into mind-blowing Facebook stats, including:
- Facebook user statistics
- Facebook demographic statistics
- Facebook usage statistics
- Facebook statistics for businesses
- Facebook advertising statistics
- Facebook marketplace statistics
P.S. Are you ready to implement a revenue-driving Facebook marketing strategy right away? WebFX is an award-winning Facebook marketing agency behind over $3 billion in revenue for clients.
Launch your personalized Facebook marketing strategy tailored to your company’s unique needs and goals by calling 888-601-5359 or contacting us online today!
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
Facebook statistics: Users
So, how popular is Facebook in 2023? Read these Facebook user statistics below to find out!
How many Facebook users are there in 2023?
Facebook is the most popular social media platform worldwide. Learn how many people use Facebook in 2023 below:
- 3 billion is the number of active Facebook users worldwide
- There are more than one billion daily active users on Facebook
- 69% is the percentage of U.S. adults on Facebook
- 42% of American teens use Facebook
- 37% of the world’s population is on Facebook
Which countries have the most Facebook users in 2023?
So, which countries have the most Facebook users? Facebook has:
- 329 million active users in India
- 179 million active users in the U.S.
- 129 million active users in Indonesia
- 116 million active users in Brazil
- 89 million active users in Mexico
- 82 million active users in the Philippines
- 70 million active users in Vietnam
- 50 million active users in Thailand
- 44 million active users in Egypt
- 44 million active users in Bangladesh
- 43 million active users in Pakistan
- 35 million active users in Colombia
- 35 million active users in the U.K.
How many active Facebook users are there in each world region in 2023?
Curious about how many active Facebook users are in each world region or continent? These Facebooks stats have you covered.
- 1 billion active users in Asia
- 407 million active users in Europe
- 358 million active users in South America
- 264 million active users in North America
- 255 million active users in Africa
- 27 million active users in Central America
- 24 million active users in Oceania
- 12 million active users in the Caribbean
Facebook statistics: Demographics
If you want to learn the demographic make-up of Facebook users, we’ve got you covered.
Learn how your target audience uses this popular platform with the Facebook demographic statistics below:
How many men and women use Facebook in 2023?
Are you wondering how many men and women use Facebook? Find out below!
- 57% of Facebook users are male
- 43% of Facebook users are female
How old are Facebook users in 2023?
So, hold old are Facebook users in ? Explore a breakdown of Facebook age statistics below:
- 643 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 25 and 34
- 481 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 18 and 24
- 401 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 35 and 44
- 237 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 45 and 54
- 145 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 55 and 64
- 119 million active Facebook users are between the ages of 13 and 18
- 114 million active Facebook users are over the age of 65
- 77% of U.S. adults between the ages of 30 and 49 use Facebook
- 73% of U.S. adults between the ages of 50 and 64 use Facebook
- 70% of U.S. adults between the ages of 18 and 29 use Facebook
- 50% of U.S. adults over the age of 65 use Facebook
Which generations are the most active on Facebook 2023?
Are you curious which generation is the most active on Facebook in 2023? Check out the Facebook stats below:
- 87% of Millennials use Facebook
- 84% of Baby Boomers use Facebook
- 68% of Generation Xers use Facebook
- 31% of monthly Facebook users are Generation Z
Facebook statistics: Usage
How much time do people spend on Facebook? What devices do people use to scroll on Facebook?
Get the answers to these questions and more with the stats below!
How many people use Facebook on mobile phones in 2023?
More than 77% of Americans use a smartphone daily to get their news, purchase products and services, and stay in touch with friends and family.
Learn how many people access Facebook on their mobile phones below:
- 98% of Facebook users use a mobile phone to access the platform
- 81% of Facebook users only use a mobile phone to access the platform
- 16% of Facebook users use both a mobile phone and computer to access the platform
- 1% of Facebook users only use a computer or desktop to access the platform
How much time do people spend on Facebook in 2023?
Are you wondering how much time people spend on Facebook in 2023? Find out with these noteworthy Facebook statistics:
- 8 billion is how many people use Facebook groups every month
- 33 is the average amount of minutes users spend on Facebook each day
- 20 is the average amount of hours users spend on Facebook each month
- 70% of Facebook users visit the platform daily
Do people like videos on Facebook in 2023?
Videos are one of the most engaging forms of content to capture your audience’s attention.
Curious about how video content performs on Facebook? Check out the Facebook video statistics below:
- Facebook is the second most popular video property behind Google
- Videos up to two minutes long gather more engagement from users
- 2 billion users visit Facebook Watch per month
- 5 is how many times more likely users are to watch videos on a mobile device
- 81% of businesses prefer video marketing on Facebook
- 62% of people say they were more interested in a product after seeing it in a Facebook video
- 60% of social video viewers watch short videos on Facebook
- 18% is the percentage of total videos published on Facebook by pages with more than 100,000 followers
- 12% of brands use Facebook for live videos
Facebook statistics for businesses
Facebook is one of the best social media platforms to advertise your products or services and engage with your audience.
Learn more about how powerful this platform can be by checking out these mind-blowing Facebook statistics for businesses below:
How many businesses are on Facebook in 2023?
If you want to remain competitive, you must stay one step ahead of your competitors, including on Facebook.
Learn how many businesses are using Facebook to drive revenue with the stats below:
- 200 million is the number of businesses on Facebook
- 3 million businesses actively advertise on Facebook
- 93% of businesses are active on Facebook
- 75% of marketers use Facebook Messenger to engage with their audience
- 36% of businesses publish video content on Facebook monthly
Is Facebook marketing effective in 2023?
With billions of people using Facebook daily, odds are, your target audience is active on the platform.
Learn more about how a Facebook marketing strategy can boost revenue for your business with the stats below:
- 89% of marketers say their social media campaign is important to their overall marketing strategy
- 78% of U.S. consumers discovered a new product from Facebook
- 73% of marketers say their social media campaign is effective for their business
- 53% is how much more likely people are to buy from a business using live chat
- 68% of businesses report effective influencer marketing campaigns on Facebook
- 50% of consumers want to discover new products through Facebook stories
- 49% of Facebook users like a page to support a brand
- 15% of Facebook users use the platform to look and shop for products
Facebook statistics: Advertising
Are you searching for noteworthy Facebook ad stats?
Facebook ads help you ensure your marketing messages reach the users who are most likely to purchase your products and services.
Learn more about Facebook ads with these Facebook advertising statistics:
- 1 billion people is how many people a Facebook ad can reach
- 63% is the percentage of Americans over the age of 13 a Facebook ad can reach
- 34% is the percentage of the world’s population a Facebook ad can reach
- 6% is how much the average click-through rate (CTR) for Facebook ads increased
Facebook statistics: Facebook Marketplace
No list of top Facebook statistics of 2023 would be complete without diving into Facebook Marketplace and shopping.
Check out these impressive Facebook shopping statistics below:
How many people use Facebook Marketplace and shopping in 2023?
If you’re wondering how many people use Facebook Marketplace, check out these stats:
- 1 billion is the number of active monthly users on Facebook Marketplace
- 250 million is the number of shops on Facebook Marketplace worldwide
Is advertising on Facebook Marketplace and shopping effective in 2023?
Are you wondering whether selling your products on Facebook Marketplace can increase your sales?
Check out these Facebook Marketplace statistics:
- 562 million is how many people a Facebook Marketplace ad can reach
- 66% is how many more orders businesses can potentially see from Facebook Marketplace compared to their website
- 9% is the average conversion rate for Facebook Marketplace
Inspired by these impressive 2023 Facebook statistics?
If these impressive Facebook statistics for 2023 inspired you to launch an effective social media marketing campaign on this powerful platform, WebFX can help!
Our industry-leading Facebook marketing agency has launched more than 165,000 revenue-driving social media posts for clients.
Our “do-it-for-me” Facebook marketing services help you implement an effective campaign that reaches and engages your target audience.
Ready to partner with the agency behind over $3 billion in revenue and 7.8 million leads? Chat with a strategist about your company’s needs and goals by calling 888-601-5359 or contacting us online!
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.