Web Design Technology: 6 Web Design Tech Pieces You Need
Keep reading to learn about the six web application technologies you need to build your website! And if you need help creating a revenue-driving website, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our web design services!
We don’t want to tell you about the work we do, we want to SHOW you.View Our Portfolio
We’ve built over
in a variety of industries.
6 pieces of web design tech you need to build your website
Building a website requires using multiple types of web design technology to help you create your dream site. Here are six essential web application technologies you need to know:
1. HTML and CSS
One of the most critical pieces of web development tech is HTML and CSS. Both components help you build your website.
HTML, or HyperText Markup Language, is the language developers use to structure web pages and communicate with browsers what is on the page. The HTML coding indicates what elements are and their position.
CSS, or Cascading Style Sheets, tells websites how to display elements on a screen. This web design tech focuses on the style of your web pages, which includes the design and layout for your website.
HTML and CSS are the backbone technology that powers your website. These codes tell browsers what elements are on your website and how they should look. If you want to build your website, you need both codes to communicate with browsers and display your content correctly.
If you don’t have experience with coding your website, you’ll need to partner with a web developer to code your site for you. You can also try using a website builder like Wix or WordPress since they generate code for you, but the room for customization is limited.
2. Web development framework
Next on our list of web dev technology is the web development framework. The web development framework is the software that supports web applications and services. Essentially, this web design technology assists you with building your website.
Multiple web application technologies can help with the web development framework of your website. Here are a few options:
These tools can help you develop a framework for websites and apps, allowing you to create what you need with less hassle.
3. Programmatic language
Next on our list of web development technology is programmatic language. Computers and web browsers have a specific language for communicating what they display. This programmatic language is necessary for people to see your website correctly.
If you want to communicate your ideas effectively and share them between browsers and computers, you need to use web development tech to do it.
For programmatic language, one of the highest recommended tools is Ruby. This web dev technology is open-source and allows you to integrate programming language into your website to ensure that you’re communicating properly.
You can use any programmatic language tool to help you develop the right language to display your website.
4. Data format
Next on our list of web application technologies is data format technology. Data format is how your coding data is arranged. Since data can appear in numerous structures, you need to use a specific data format to ensure your site looks consistent across the board.
When choosing a data format, you have three main options:
- XML: XML is a markup language that’s similar to HTML. It was designed to be self-descriptive and store and transport data. XML is just information wrapped in tags.
- CSV: CSV is a plain text file that contains your data. This text file uses commas to separate the values in a text file and only contains letters and numbers.
Your data format is web development tech you need to ensure you communicate your data correctly.
Another critical component of web development technology is libraries. Libraries are groups of code snippets that allow you to have more functionality without doing as much coding.
jQuery, in particular, can help you turn multiple lines of code into one simple line to keep your code from getting cluttered.
The last piece of web design tech you need for your website is databases. Databases are where all your data is stored for your website.
Data comes in two formats:
- SQL: SQL provides structure to make sure the data you input is correct. You can manipulate the data to access databases. SQL can do anything from executing queries against a database to create new tables within a database.
- NoSQL: NoSQL is a database built for specific data models. These SQL databases are recognized for their ease of development and functionality.
There are multiple web design tech options for helping you build databases, including:
Web design and web design tech that propels your business forward
When looking at all the web development technology you need to build your website, it can quickly feel overwhelming to try and make sense of it all. On top of that, you need a visually compelling and search engine optimization (SEO) friendly website.
With the team at WebFX and our proprietary marketing software, MarketingCloudFX, web design doesn’t have to be a burden.
At WebFX, we offer award-winning web design services that provide you with everything you need to build a successful website.
Here are just a few of the features that come with our services:
- Website coding and development: As mentioned earlier, website coding is critical for building your website. We do all the coding for you with our web development services, so you don’t have to worry about finding an HTML or CSS generator to create your website.
- Custom design: You want your business to stand out in your market, so having a custom design is critical. You’ll get a custom website built with everything you need to deliver a positive user experience with our web design services.
- Database integration: Our web design services include database integration. We can help you integrate a database into your website based on your business’s individual needs, whether you need a database to process payments or store information.
- Ecommerce functionality: Need to sell products on your website? Our team of experts will help you add ecommerce functionality to your website so you can earn more sales for your business.
- SEO: With our web design services, you don’t have to worry about optimizing your website for search engines. We’ll optimize your pages to rank in search and integrate relevant keywords to help you rank in relevant results.
- Responsive design: Having a website that looks good on all devices is critical. With our web design services, we’ll integrate responsive design so your site adjusts to the users’ screen to deliver an optimal experience.
All the websites we build are powered by cutting-edge technology, like MarketingCloudFX. With MarketingCloudFX, we help you track the performance of your website, so you can make active changes to improve the user experience. Our software also enables you to track your performance in search engines to rank higher to drive more qualified traffic.
With our web design tech backed by 20 years of experience, you can feel confident we have everything you need to build an effective website.
Ready to build a website that drives more revenue?
Building a website involves using web dev technology to write intricate coding, create databases, and design an aesthetically pleasing website. Instead of trying to figure out all the web development technology on your own, let WebFX give you a hand.
We have a team of over 450 award-winning design experts that can help you create a website that drives more revenue for your business. In the past five years alone, we’ve driven over $3 billion in revenue and over 7.8 million leads for our clients.