Are you one of the small-to-medium-sized (SMB) businesses missing out on advertising on Facebook? If you answered yes, don’t worry! It’s not too late to get started with creating an impactful Facebook advertising campaign.
On this page, we’ll provide you with seven tips for getting started with Facebook ads for SMBs and three benefits of using Facebook ads for small business.
7 tips for creating Facebook ads for small business
With 2.45 billion monthly active users, Facebook has a large pool of leads you can reach and drive to your small business.
And with an extensive ad creation platform, you can create beautiful ads like this Antique Farm House ad that showcases your amazing products and services and attracts your audience.
If you’re ready to start creating Facebook ads for your small business (just one of several great small business advertising ideas), check out these seven tips for creating impactful Facebook ads for small businesses!
1. Set a relevant Facebook ad campaign goal
Every ad needs a goal. Without a defined goal, your ad has no direction, and it’s hard to measure the success of your ad campaign. To run successful Facebook ads for small businesses, choose an ad goal that’s relevant to your campaign.
You can use one of these Facebook ads goals for your campaign:
- Build brand awareness
- Reach new customers
- Increase engagement
- Boost your website’s traffic
- Gather phone calls or emails
- Improve your customer retention
- Drive sales
Your Facebook ad goal will vary depending upon each ad you run. If your goal is to help more people discover your small business, brand awareness is a better goal for that ad. On the other hand, if you want to focus on getting people to buy your products, it’s better to set your campaign goals to focus on driving sales.
2. Target people interested in your small business
For small businesses on Facebook to see success, they must target the right people. It’s important to put your ad in front of people most likely to have an interest in your small business, so they will engage with your ad content and learn about your organization.
Luckily, Facebook’s targeting options let you target very narrow audiences, so you can get specific with your target audience. You can target your audience using demographics like:
- Family status
- Economic status
Facebook lets you segment your audience. Segmenting helps you deliver specific ads to certain types of people so that people see ads more relevant to their interests.
You can also create custom audiences with your Facebook ads for small business. Custom audiences are a great feature for Facebook advertisers, since you can import your existing contacts to reach those people through SMB Facebook ads.
3. Provide a clear call to action (CTA)
Facebook offers numerous calls to action (CTAs) you can include in your SMB Facebook ads:
- Shop Now
- Learn More
- Book Now
- Sign Up
The right CTA will help create SMB Facebook ads that guide your audience to take the next step. The thing to remember with CTAs is to pair them with compelling visuals and incentives so that your viewers will feel enticed to click on your SMB Facebook ads.
For example, DŌ, an edible cookie dough confection shop based in New York, used the “Learn More” CTA to entice their audience to learn more about their cookie dough products.
If a cookie dough-lover looked at this ad, it would entice them to want to click and learn more. The CTA fits great with the ad copy, making it an engaging ad for interested leads who view it.
4. Write compelling ad copy
Your ad’s content is what will pull in your audience and accomplish your Facebook ad goals for your small business. With compelling copy, you’ll attract more people.
The most important part of compelling copy is the value that it provides. Your ad content must provide your audience with relevant information they want to see.
The information should provide some benefit to your audience, whether that be laying to rest some worry, providing a good deal, or sparking interest like the DŌ ad.
5. Add visuals to catch your audience’s attention
Including multimedia in your ad content increases your small business ad’s engagement level. Take a look at how much engagement both photos and videos garner on Facebook in this graph from BuzzSumo.
When including multimedia, it should:
- Use a color scheme that reflects your brand
- Coincide with your ad copy
- Stand out in a user’s newsfeed and catch their attention
- Be high-quality visuals — no blurry or pixelated images/videos
- Follow Facebook’s ad specifications for ad image and video sizes
Following these guidelines will help you create a visually appealing and engaging ad for your audience.
6. Choose the right ad format for your small business
You don’t need to stick to photo images for every advertisement you run on Facebook’s platform. Small businesses on Facebook can use numerous ad types to engage audiences and get them to check out ads.
Here are three popular Facebook Ad formats for small business:
- Single image: Single image ads are Facebook ads that contain one image that you can use to showcase something unique about your small business.
- Carousel: Carousel ads use a collection of 10 images or videos that you can use to highlight your products and services.
- Video: Video ads use an engaging video to draw in audiences. Use video ads to say something about your brand or let people get a closer view of your products and services.
7. Budget time and money for your Facebook ad campaign
When small businesses on Facebook start advertising, they want to know how much it will cost to run ads. Facebook provides two different types of budgeting:
- Daily budgets: The average amount you’re willing to spend on an ad set or campaign every day.
- Lifetime budgets: The amount you’re willing to spend over the entire run time of your ad set or campaign.
The cost of running Facebook ads for SMBs is more than just money. It costs your business time, too, to set up campaigns, launch them, and monitor their performance.
Need help setting and managing your Facebook ad budgets? Choose a top Facebook advertising agency for small businesses like WebFX!
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“Local and transparent in the work they do. There are so many companies out there that offer the same services, we are grateful to have hit it off the way we did with WebFX. Couldn’t be happier!”
Waste Management Services
Partner with a Facebook advertising agency for small business
Strapped for time, but still interested in creating a Facebook advertising campaign to maximize awareness of your small business?
WebFX is the Facebook advertising agency for you!
With 25 years of experience under our belt, you can depend on us to drive results for your small business’s Facebook ad campaigns. With over 500+ social media advertising experts, we’ll help you skyrocket your next Facebook Adverting campaign.
Earn a 20% greater ROI with WebFX
- Ann Arbor, MI Social Media Agency
- Social Media for Atlanta, GA
- Social Media for Baltimore, MD
- Social Media for Boston, MA
- Social Media for Charlotte, NC
- Social Media for Chicago, IL
- Social Media for Cincinnati, OH
- Social Media for Cleveland, OH
- Social Media for Columbus, OH
- Social Media for Dallas, TX
- Social Media for Denver, CO