Does your medical equipment company want to reach more qualified leads and earn more revenue? Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising can help!
On this page, we’ll take a look at five benefits of PPC for medical equipment companies and three PPC tips you can start using today.
Let’s get started!
What is PPC?
PPC, or pay-per-click, is an advertising model that allows marketers to bid for placement in search engine results for specific keywords. If your bid is among the highest, your ad will appear above organic listings in search results for the keyword or phrase you selected to trigger your ad.
For example, if you bid on the term “medical equipment,” and it is one of the top bids, your ad will appear in the top spot in Google results.
Google Ads is the most popular PPC platform today, but you can also run ads in other search engines like Bing.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX has helped fill the gap in the internet marketing space for our company. Thank you so much for your guidance and support helping our company grow and expand outside our traditional marketing initiatives.”
Medical Equipment Provider
Why do medical equipment companies need PPC?
Now that you understand what PPC is, let’s take a look at five benefits of PPC for medical equipment companies.
1. You only pay when people click your ads
One of the main benefits of PPC is that you only pay when people click your ads.
With traditional advertising, there’s no way to ensure that your audience engages with your ads. However, PPC targets people who are already searching for your products online, and only costs you when one of them clicks through to visit your site. This means you avoid wasting money trying to reach people aren’t interested in becoming customers.
Cost-per-click (CPC) varies based on your industry, but PPC is generally an affordable way to market your business online.
2. You set your max budget
PPC also allows you to set a max budget, so you’re able to easily control costs. You can even put a cap on your daily spending to avoid spending more than what you intended.
It’s important to note that if you’re targeting a highly competitive keyword, you may have to expand your budget to see results. Fortunately, you can change your budget at any time to get the most out of your paid advertising campaigns.
3. PPC is highly targeted
PPC offers a number of advanced targeting options, so your medical equipment company can reach your target audience at the right time with custom ads.
For example, you can target searchers based on location, demographics, and even the type of device they are using.
This highly-targeted approach allows you to deliver messages to customers who are most likely to convert at times that are most convenient for them.
4. PPC gets results fast
Unlike SEO, which can take weeks before you see results, PPC can start driving relevant, qualified traffic to your site the minute you launch a campaign.
If you want to quickly increase site visits, leads, and revenue, PPC is a great option. And you can use these paid campaigns to establish your medical equipment company in search results while you wait to achieve organic listings.
5. PPC data can help you improve your other marketing strategies
Finally, PPC data is extremely valuable, and you can use it to optimize your campaigns on other marketing channels.
For instance, if you want to see if a set of keywords convert well, you can test the waters with a PPC campaign. If you get good results, you can easily use those keywords in your SEO campaigns. This way, you avoid spending time and money on keywords that don’t convert well for your business.
3 PPC tips for medical equipment companies
Ready to launch a PPC campaign for your medical equipment company? Let’s take a look at three PPC tips you can start using today.
1. Start with keyword research
Before creating a PPC campaign, you’ll need to do some keyword research to determine the terms that will most likely result in clicks and conversions.
Generally, PPC keyword research follows these steps:
- Think about your campaign and the landings pages your ads will link to, and begin brainstorming a list of relevant keywords.
- Divide your list into the following categories:
- Brand keywords: Terms that contain your brand name
- Generic keywords: Terms related to the products you sell
- Related keywords: Terms that don’t directly relate to what you sell, but your target audience may search for online
- Competitor keywords: Brand names of competitors who sell similar products
It’s important to note that bidding on competitor’s brand names is usually expensive, so you’ll need to make sure you have a comfortable budget if you want to try that strategy.
- Add variations and synonyms to your keyword list. You may also choose to include misspelled words, since people don’t always use perfect English when searching online.
- Use keyword tools like Google’s Keyword Planner and Keyword Tool to expand your list. These tools provide results based on actual search data, so they can reveal insights about what your audience searches online. They also show data like monthly search volume and competition level.
- Add negative keywords. Negative keywords are terms you don’t want your ad to appear for, and they can help improve the relevance of your ads. For instance, your medical equipment company may choose to add the negative keyword “jobs.” If the goal of your PPC ads is to sell medical equipment, you probably don’t want your ad to appear when people search “medical equipment jobs.”
- Sort and organize your keywords that correspond with your ad groups. If your ad groups are more targeted, it will be easier to measure the performance of individual keywords and tweak your lists as needed.
While your keyword research may look a bit different, these general steps can help you get started with choosing keywords for your PPC campaigns.
2. Take advantage of ad extensions
Google Ads gives users access to dozens of ad extensions that can expand your ads with additional information.
For example, extensions can include call buttons, location information, additional text, and more.
Adding extensions to your ads is a great way to increase click-through rates and help more people learn about your medical equipment company.
3. Evaluate and optimize
Finally, you’ll need to continually monitor your PPC campaigns if you want to get the most from your investment.
With Google Ads, you can easily set up conversion tracking to quantify how your ads correspond to customer activity like website purchases, phone calls, downloads, newsletter signups, and more. And you can use Google Analytics to determine the number of new leads and conversions that come from paid channels.
Then, you can use your findings to optimize your campaigns, reach more customers, and earn more revenue.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
WebFX is a top PPC company for medical equipment companies
In addition to our traditional PPC services, we also offer remarketing, mobile PPC, and social PPC to help you get the most out of your paid ad strategy.
Learn more about PPC for medical equipment companies
Want to learn more about launching a custom PPC campaign for your medical equipment company? We’re a full-service medical device marketing agency ready to help you drive revenue.
We’re excited to hear from you!