As the Internet continues to evolve, you need to adjust your marketing strategies to accommodate the newest and most inventive ways to grab the attention of potential customers online.
There are some marketing strategies are retaining their strength (at least for now), and they should continue to be a part of your marketing campaign. These strategies include proven tactics like SEO, PPC, email marketing, and social media marketing.
However, video marketing is on the rise, and continues to grow in popularity with every passing calendar year. Fortunately, you can integrate it seamlessly into your existing marketing strategy. In 2016, 61% of businesses said that they were using video marketing as a sales tactic – however, 66% of that group were not using video marketing just one year prior.
With that kind of growth, it’s clear that there’s something about video marketing that has made a big enough impact on marketers – but what is it? On this page, we’ll talk about some reasons why your company should adopt video marketing as part of your strategy.
First, what does video marketing entail?
Before you can fully understand why you need a video marketing campaign, it’s important to know what we mean by the term “video marketing.” Video marketing refers to filming, editing, and sharing videos to attract and promote your business to your target audience.
It goes hand in hand with tactics like SEO, since it can help increase the time users spend on your pages, and at the same time, make your pages more beneficial to users. With that in mind, videos can also increase your rankings in search engine results.
Consumers are also much more likely to click on a video PPC ad than a regular banner ad, and placing a video in your monthly email newsletter can help entice users to click to your site.
You can also incorporate video marketing into your email and social campaigns by sharing links to s your most recent videos.
What kind of content should you cover in your videos?
You may be wondering what kind of videos you can create, and while the possibilities are virtually limitless if you haven’t yet started with video marketing, there are a few topics that seem to work better than others.
1. Customer testimonials
Customer testimonial videos are a great way to advertise your business. In fact, 89% of B2B marketers consider customer testimonials one of the most effective content marketing tactics. Before an interested customer purchases or agrees to your product or service, they like to hear from other people that your work is high-quality, effective, and cost-efficient – and that’s exactly what customer testimonials can provide.
2. How your product is made
You can also use videos to show potential customers how your product is made. This works especially well for companies that have created a one-of-a-kind product, or have a unique process in making their product.
For example, it may seem impossible to make t-shirts out of recycled ocean plastic, but if your company does it, it would be fascinating for customers to see exactly how you do it. It makes them feel more connected with your brand and helps them to understand exactly where your products come from.
3. Give a tour and introduce your employees
You could also create videos that give a tour of your facility and introduce your staff. Though this kind of video isn’t suited for every kind of company, it works great if you have a unique facility or a business model that involves partnering clients with account managers or other employees. These can both be huge assets because they give potential customers a better idea of what to expect if they partner with your business.
If you’ve created a product that takes some direction, showing users how your product works is always a good idea. For example, if you’ve created a product that can peel and slice an apple at the same time, showing users how it works will prove that your product is effective and show customers exactly how it works. You could also share how-to videos of how to clean the product, or any other process that a video could help the user better understand how the product works.
Why should your company start using video in your marketing strategy?
Videos are a great way to “show and not tell” your target audience about your products and services.
They allow you to talk directly with interested customers and help them along in their buying journey – which is one of the reasons it works so well as a marketing tactic. You don’t just have to take my word for it, either – there are plenty of statistics that show just how effective video can be as part of a marketing campaign:
- When you add a video to an email, you can increase your click-through-rate 200-300%.
- When users watch a video, 64% are more likely to purchase a product.
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision process.
- 59% of executives would rather watch a video than reading text.
- By adding a video to your landing page, you can increase conversion rates by up to 80%.
- Video advertising makes up 35% of online advertising
- Only 20% of users will read a content page in its entirety, but 80% would watch a video.
Still not convinced? Check out our blog post on 28 unbelievable video marketing statistics!
What do you need to start a video marketing campaign?
It may seem like a lot of work to create videos for your site – but really, it can be simple and extremely rewarding for your business. You can create branded videos with an iPhone or any other high-quality smartphone.
You can use a tripod like this one, to ensure a steady shot, and you can use any of these video editing programs to make your videos look and sound professional.
What’s your experience with video marketing?
If you have already adopted video marketing into your campaign, what kind of videos do you post? Are they successful? Do you notice that certain videos work better for specific industries?
We’d love to hear about your experience in the comments below!
Table of Contents
- 8 Tips for an Effective Video Marketing Strategy
- 97 Powerful Video Marketing Statistics You Should Know About
- Why Video Matters to Marketing
- 4 Video Marketing Examples for Small and Midsize Businesses
- 6 Tips to Amp Up Your Video Promotion Strategy
- Video Marketing in 2023: How to Boost Your 2023 Marketing
- 4 Major Types of Video Marketing You Can Do on Your Own
- What Is an Explainer Video? (And How to Make An Engaging Explainer Video)
- How to Get Started With Video Marketing for Small Businesses
Resources by Industry
- Successful Digital Marketing For Auto Manufacturing Companies
- 7 Key Digital Marketing Ideas For Doctors
- Learn 5 Ways to Drive Revenue With Digital Marketing for Excavators
- 3 Most Common Mistakes in Medical Marketing
- Digital Marketing for Financial Insurance
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Methods for Fence Installers
- How to Get Patients: 5+ Ways to Attract More Patients to Your Practice
- Grow Your Practice With Our Medical Marketing Company
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies for Apartment Managers
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.