Abby FieldsBranded Content Specialist
- March 15, 2022
- 6 minute read
- Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
When it comes to your marketing strategies, it’s essential to make informed decisions to drive the best results for your business. That’s where a digital marketing report comes in.
In this guide, we’ll explain the ins and outs of digital marketing reports to help you effectively track and analyze the performance of your strategies. Here is a brief overview of some of the topics we’ll cover on this page:
- What is a digital marketing report?
- Why do you need digital marketing reporting?
- What should your digital marketing report include?
So, just keep reading to learn more!
Bonus: Do you want the inside scoop on all things digital marketing from our award-winning experts? Then sign up for our newsletter, Revenue Weekly, to get the latest digital marketing advice and tips sent straight to your inbox for free!
What is a digital marketing report?
A digital marketing report is a compilation of essential information about your digital marketing strategies and campaigns all in one place. Depending on your current strategies and goals, your report can consist of various metrics and data points to help you track the success of your campaigns.
Why do you need digital marketing reporting?
Now that you know the answer to the question “what is a digital marketing report”, let’s dive into how it can help your company.
Digital marketing reporting is essential for the success of any business. Here are three key reasons why your business needs digital marketing reporting:
- Create data-driven strategies: Strategies backed by data instead of gut feelings drive the best results for your business. You can analyze essential data to inform your current marketing strategies with a digital marketing report.
- Drive more leads and conversions: Your report can help you learn more about your audience, like how they interact with your campaigns and website pages. As a result, you can implement more personalized marketing messages that drive more leads and conversions for your business.
- Earn a higher ROI: Marketing reports help you identify problem areas in your current campaigns. That means you can optimize your strategies and drive better results, helping you earn a higher ROI in the long run.
If you want to drive more sales and revenue to help your business grow, tracking and analyzing your campaigns with a digital marketing report is a must.
How to create your digital marketing report
Are you ready to get started with digital marketing reporting? Here’s how to create your own digital marketing report in five easy steps:
- Think about your goals and objectives
- Consider your current strategies
- Choose a reporting frequency
- Select which metrics you want to measure
- Compile your report and analyze your results
1. Think about your goals and objectives
Marketing reports are an excellent way to help you track your progress on your way to achieving your business goals. But first, you’ll need to identify the goals and objectives that are the most important for your business.
To get the most out of your marketing report, you’ll want to think about the goals and objectives you want to achieve for your business. For example, do you want to increase your website traffic or boost your awareness on social media?
2. Consider your current marketing strategies
Once you’ve identified your goals, you can start thinking about the marketing strategies you want to implement for your business. These are the campaigns you’ll be tracking in your report.
Here are just a few examples of digital marketing strategies you can implement for your company:
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Email marketing
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
If you want to drive more traffic to your website, you might consider investing in an SEO strategy. On the other hand, you can launch a social media marketing campaign if you want to boost your brand awareness.
3. Choose a reporting frequency
The next step in creating your digital marketing report is to choose how frequently you want to create your reports. It’s essential to monitor the performance of your campaigns regularly to ensure that they’re driving the best results for your business.
You can choose to create monthly reports or quarterly reports to keep you and your team informed about the success of your strategies.
4. Select which metrics you want to measure
Perhaps the most important element of your marketing report is selecting which data and metrics you want to measure. When considering which metrics to track, be sure to think about your business goals.
For example, if you want to increase your web traffic, you’ll want to analyze your traffic sources to see which strategies are driving the most users to your website.
Here are a few examples of key digital marketing metrics you can keep track of in your report:
Plus, you can also track essential audience behavior data on your website to include in your report. For example, you can track how much time users spend on your web pages and their demographics, such as age and location.
5. Compile your report and analyze your results
Once you’ve implemented your marketing strategies, picked your reporting frequency, and chosen the metrics you want to measure, it’s time to compile your digital marketing report.
Be sure to include critical metrics for each of your strategies so you can easily measure the performance of your campaigns and your progress towards your business goals. And once you’ve compiled your report, it’s essential to analyze your marketing results.
Take note of which campaigns drive the most web traffic, leads, and conversions for your business. You can also analyze your audience’s behavioral data to better understand which strategies your target audience responds to the most.
As a result, you can identify areas of your strategies that need improvements, so you can optimize your campaigns to drive more sales and revenue for your business.
Measuring the metrics that affect your bottom line.
Are you interested in custom reporting that is specific to your unique business needs? Powered by MarketingCloudFX, WebFX creates custom reports based on the metrics that matter most to your company.
Track and manage your digital marketing strategies with transparent reports from WebFX
If you want to track and manage your digital marketing strategies with ease, WebFX can help! WebFX is an industry-leading digital marketing agency specializing in tracking and analyzing essential metrics to create data-driven strategies that boost revenue.
When you partner with WebFX, we’ll take care of implementing and managing your digital marketing strategies so you can focus on your other business tasks. We’ll also keep you informed every step of the way with our frequent, transparent reports.
Abby is a data-driven content marketer with certifications in inbound marketing and content marketing. She’s written hundreds of articles covering digital marketing topics — a few of her specialties include first-party data, marketing and data analytics, marketing strategy optimization, and SEO. When she isn’t writing or optimizing content, Abby loves to spend time reading the latest mystery novel, having movie marathons with lots of snacks, and jamming out to Shania Twain.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more