The U.S. is home to more than 700,000 manufacturing businesses. With the manufacturing industry predicted to grow in the coming years, manufacturing businesses face new opportunities to accelerate their growth.
Most business-to-business (B2B) companies are engaged in digital marketing to reach their target audience and stay competitive. Want to know the latest manufacturing marketing statistics in 2023, so you can craft cutting-edge campaigns?
Keep reading to learn the latest manufacturing marketing data, including:
- General industry stats
- Manufacturing marketing
- Digital marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Content marketing
One of the best ways to stay ahead of your competitors is to keep up with the latest in digital marketing and manufacturing marketing. Subscribe to Revenue Weekly to get your dose of marketing advice delivered straight to your inbox for free!
WebFX knows manufacturing.
“Working with WebFX, everything is very organized and strategic. We’re only a year into our partnership, and our expectations have definitely been met.”
— C.H. Reed, Industrial Solutions and Services
Manufacturing marketing statistics
Check out our list of manufacturing marketing statistics:
Here are some general manufacturing industry statistics in 2022 to note:
- The U.S. manufacturing industry’s market size in terms of revenue is $8 trillion in 2022.
- 718,796 is the number of manufacturing businesses in the U.S. in 2022.
- 14% is the expected growth of the U.S. manufacturing industry in 2022.
- 4% is the increase in number of U.S. manufacturing businesses from 2021 to 2022.
As the manufacturing industry grows, so does the marketing budget of most manufacturing companies. Here are some general B2B and manufacturing marketing data:
- 76% of B2B businesses have a formal marketing plan.
- 56% of B2B companies outsource their marketing and keep an in-house team.
- 6% of B2B organizations outsource their marketing entirely.
The majority of B2B businesses invest in digital marketing, so it makes sense for manufacturing companies to be strategic with their digital marketing efforts.
Here are some manufacturing digital marketing statistics to help guide you with your strategies:
- 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn.
- 89% of B2B companies have an account-based marketing program.
- 86% of B2B organizations use their website as a channel to communicate with customers or prospects.
- 56% of B2B businesses invest in digital marketing.
- 3% is the conversion rate of industrial websites using quote and contact forms.
Many B2B consumers turn to search engines to do research before they engage with a salesperson and make a purchase. This makes SEO an important strategy for manufacturing marketers.
While the results of SEO are not immediate and may take time, SEO can help you earn long-term revenue.
Here are some SEO statistics relevant to the manufacturing industry:
- 74% of B2B consumers conduct half of their research online before purchasing offline.
- 62% of B2B marketers view SEO algorithms as important.
- 61% of chief marketing officers view search engines as an effective marketing channel.
Content marketing is one of the most critical marketing tools you can use for your manufacturing business. In addition to improving your site’s SEO ranking, it also builds your company’s credibility and authority.
Here are some content marketing statistics relevant to the manufacturing industry:
- 84% of B2B marketers outsource their content creation to an agency.
- 73% of B2B marketers believe that webinars are the best strategy for generating high-quality leads.
- 71% of manufacturing content marketers cite lead generation as a top organizational goal.
- 70% of B2B marketers think that video content helps leads convert.
- 69% of B2B marketers have a documented content strategy.
- 59% of manufacturing organizations have a small (or one-person) content marketing team serving the entire company.
- 59% of manufacturing marketer-respondents said their company outsources at least one content marketing activity.
- 46% of manufacturing marketers use conversion rates as a metric for content marketing success.
- 40% of B2B buyers consume three to five pieces of content before they reach out to a salesperson.
Inspired to boost your manufacturing marketing efforts?
If these statistics inspired you to launch your revenue-driving manufacturing digital marketing strategy, consider teaming up with WebFX. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency that can help you generate leads so you can get ahead of your competitors.
We’ve generated more than 7.8 million leads and $3 billion in revenue for our clients. We’ll be glad to deliver results for your manufacturing business, too.
Contact us online or call us at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist and get started with your manufacturing digital marketing strategy!
- 14 Effective Marketing Ideas for Manufacturers
- 5 Awesome Benefits of a CRM for Manufacturing Companies
- 6 SEO Tips for Aviation Manufacturers
- 6 Web Design Tips for Aviation Manufacturers
- 8 Useful Marketing Trends for Manufacturing Companies
- Capture More Revenue With a Manufacturing Marketing Agency
- Digital Marketing for Steel Mill Manufacturing
- How Manufacturers Can Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- How to Use SEO to Help Your Manufacturing Company
- Is ThomasNet Worth It? A Review of ThomasNet by WebFX
- Manufacturing Industry Trends
- Recruitment SEO for Manufacturers: 6 Expert Tips
- SEO for Manufacturing Companies: Your Go-To Guide
- Website Design for Manufacturing Companies
- Why Social Media for Manufacturers Matters