Demand for HVAC services is forecast to remain stable, as homeowners and business owners will likely need HVAC services to keep their HVAC equipment in top shape. In addition, demand for environment-friendly HVAC solutions is also on the rise.
HVAC companies need to stay ahead of their competitors as the industry grows. Digital marketing can help them remain competitive and get qualified leads. These HVAC marketing statistics can help companies understand the latest HVAC marketing trends in 2022:
- General HVAC industry statistics
- HVAC consumer statistics
- HVAC general digital marketing statistics
- HVAC search engine optimization (SEO) statistics
- HVAC content marketing statistics
Want to stay in the loop about the latest in HVAC marketing? Subscribe to Revenue Weekly and be one of the 200,000 marketers who receive their dose of marketing advice in their inbox for free!
General HVAC industry statistics
The HVAC industry is seeing no signs of a slowdown. The number of HVAC contract businesses even increased from 2021 to 2022. Here are general HVAC industry statistics that show its growth:
- $206.89 billion is the projected growth of the HVAC equipment market by 2030, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% from 2021 to 2030.
- $130 billion was the HVAC equipment market’s value in 2021.
- $16.54 billion is the value of the HVAC systems market in 2021.
- 122,638 is the number of heating and air-conditioning contract businesses in the U.S. in 2022, an increase of 2.7% from 2021.
- 6% is the projected CAGR of the HVAC industry from 2022 to 2030.
- 3% is the business growth of heating and air conditioning contractors in the U.S. in 2022.
HVAC consumer statistics
The HVAC industry has various end users from the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. One of the clearest HVAC marketing trends in 2022 is the demand for environment-friendly HVAC solutions.
The upcoming government regulations that are meant to reduce energy consumption and carbon emissions from HVAC systems will further accelerate the growth of the industry. Here are some HVAC marketing statistics that show this consumer trend:
- $10 billion is the annual spending of Americans on HVAC repair and maintenance services.
- 67% of U.S. homes have air conditioners.
- 50% of the HVAC services market is willing to pay for more environment-friendly products.
- 50% of American homes are more than 40 years old, making HVAC system repairs and replacements a strong market.
HVAC general digital marketing statistics
Ranking for search is critical for HVAC companies, as 90% of consumers turn to search to find local businesses. To stay ahead of the competition, HVAC companies should consider developing digital marketing strategies.
Here are some HVAC digital marketing statistics to convince businesses that digital marketing can help them grow:
- Nine out of 10 video viewers say they want to see more videos from businesses.
- 84% of HVAC customers who perform searches before converting say that they didn’t have a particular company in mind when they do their initial online search.
- 78% of local searches using a mobile device lead to a purchase within 24 hours.
- 67% more leads are generated per month by businesses with blogs than companies without blogs.
- 62% of HVAC shoppers perform a search before they convert.
- 20% is the year-over-year growth of searches for “HVAC repair.”
HVAC SEO statistics
Majority of chief marketing officers (CMOs) believe search engines are an effective marketing channel. Get ahead of your competitors by investing in SEO and reap the revenue that organic traffic brings. Here are some SEO statistics relevant to your HVAC business:
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- 80% is the average conversion rate of local searches.
- 70% of consumers research a company on the web before deciding to visit or buy.
- 61% of CMOs consider search engines as an effective marketing channel.
- 40% of revenue is delivered by organic traffic.
HVAC content marketing statistics
Great content can help build your company’s authority and credibility. As a result, your business can gain more leads and conversions.
Here are some content marketing statistics relevant to HVAC companies:
- 6x more conversions are generated by businesses that use content marketing than companies that don’t.
- About 60% of marketers surveyed said content marketing is either “very important” or “extremely important.”
- 54% more leads are generated by content marketing than traditional marketing.
- 44% of consumers read three to five pieces of content before they engage with a company.
Roll out your digital marketing strategy for HVAC companies with WebFX
If these statistics inspired you to launch your revenue-driving HVAC digital marketing strategy, look no further than WebFX.
We’re a full-service digital marketing agency that can help you generate leads so you can get ahead of your competitors. We have generated more than 7.8 million leads and $3 billion in revenue for our clients. We’ll be glad to deliver results for your HVAC business, too.