How Can Internet Marketing Help Grow Your Business?
In the advertising world, Internet marketing has leveled the playing field to give small businesses a chance to compete with big corporations. There are dozens of different strategies and qualities that go into a successful Internet marketing campaign, and determining the factors that you want to employ is critical to your success.
But before you decide what you want to use in your Internet marketing strategies, it’s important to learn the basics about what every business needs to grow.
Call 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about digital marketing services from WebFX, or keep reading to learn more about how online channels can help you reach new customers and increase your revenue.
Factors in a business’s growth
Businesses can grow from a number of different qualities. Targeting these factors and maximizing your efforts can help turn your business from a small competitor into a big-time threat. Some of these factors include:
- Audience. Your business revolves around your customers, so it’s vital to have a following and establish a customer base.
- Differentiation. It’s important to set yourself apart from the competition in order to distinguish yourself from similar companies. This also makes your business more memorable to customers.
- Price. Setting the right price for your goods and services is essential to success — and so is knowing when to lower them.
- Sales. Not every customer will buy willingly, so sales knowledge and personnel are critical to boosting your bottom line.
- Delivery. Whatever you sell, it should be fast and easy for your customer to get it.
- Reputation. With a positive reputation comes trust, and with trust comes increased sales.
All of these factors combine to create a recipe for successfully growing your business. Each factor requires individual attention and effort, and successfully completing each one solidifies your business as an industry contender.
Now, through the power of Internet marketing, you can take care of all of these factors with the same overarching strategy.
What is Internet marketing?
In simplest terms, Internet marketing is anything you do online to market your business. It can include a lot of different strategies, including:
- Content marketing. Creating and promoting original content online to promote your business.
- Search engine optimization (SEO). Using on- and off-page tactics to obtain higher rankings in search engine results.
- Website design. Maintaining an aesthetically pleasing website that is easy to use and navigate.
- Blogs. Blogging keeps your website active and current.
- Social media. Adding a human face to your brand while keeping in touch with your expanding customer base.
- Video marketing. Creating powerful or helpful videos to attract, entertain, and resonate with your audience.
- Pay per click (PPC) advertising. Creating ads for search engine results pages that show up whenever a user enters a query that is related to your business.
- And more. While these techniques may sound thorough on their own, they’re only the tip of the iceberg.
Some of our client Successes
+95% case study ▸ IncreasedConversionRate by
+37% case study ▸ IncreasedLeadsGenerated by
+60% “We measure our success by how much we WOW our clients.”
Bill Craig WebFX President
How does Internet marketing make a business more successful?
Describing the many benefits of Internet marketing would take hours. The optimal Internet marketing plan for your business should be highly specialized to meet your specific needs. What works best for one business will not work for all businesses, so it’s imperative that your plan is individualized.
Specifically, Internet marketing can grow your business in several ways, including:
Internet marketing allows customers to find you.
Effectively utilizing SEO strategies makes it easier for your customers to find you. But how can you be sure your SEO is effective?
- Creating and promoting quality content. Unique, compelling, and engaging content gives your audience a reason to stay on your website.
- Conducting keyword research. Keyword research will show you the terms your customer base uses to get in touch with you so you can use them appropriately on your site. However, it’s important never to overuse keywords as that can be considered spamming.
- Optimizing your social profiles. Your social profiles connect you to your audience directly. The more followers you have, the more potential customers can see your deals.
Internet marketing provides you the opportunity to become a trusted source of information.
Besides easily locating you online, Internet marketing will establish you as a leader in your industry. If you offer customers content that is rich with compelling ideas, reliable citations, and other positive quality indicators, you can become a popular presence in your market.
Your sales increase as you establish authority in your industry. Using Internet marketing, it becomes possible to establish authority and earn a position as an industry leader. Your audience will begin to turn to you for information when they need it, building trust between you and them. Once you’re trusted by enough people, you can become an industry leader.
Internet marketing allows you to collect data to grow your business.
In addition to establishing authority and building trust, you can also use the data of visitors to your website to effectively target your customer base.
This translates to an obvious need for using tools like Google Analytics to collect information about your Internet marketing efforts. You can race ahead of your competition with analytics information because:
- You can track just about anything. As long as you take the time to set it up, you can track nearly anything that has to do with your website. The data you harvest translates to greater knowledge about your audience — and potential customers’ — online habits.
- There are lots of resources. Analytics tools, especially Google Analytics, provide users with a wealth of knowledge, instructions, and tips on how to use the service.
- It’s free. Many analytics tools are free to use. The only investment is your time.
Familiarizing yourself with analytics tools will help you gain detailed, nuanced information about customers. With that information, you can better target your customers and their interests to maximize your sales.
Internet marketing humanizes your brand.
Establishing a personality that resonates with your audience is one of the biggest benefits of Internet marketing. This gives you the chance to make customers view you as more than a faceless company — they can view you as a reliable source of answers to their questions.
Social media profiles and blogs are excellent techniques to effectively humanize your brand in ways that weren’t available before the Internet.
Consider the professionals
Many business owners don’t have the time to work on their Internet marketing campaign directly. WebFX is here to help you get the results you need while removing the burden of brainstorming, strategizing, and implementing ideas. Our talented, award-winning team of Internet marketers includes SEO experts, web designers, web developers, copywriters, and more who are all passionate about their work and up-to-date on the latest methods.
Ready to start your local SEO campaigns? Call 888.449.3239 or contact us online today to learn more about how WebFX helps Central Pennsylvania companies with their SEO challenges.