When you mention patterned/tiled backgrounds, people immediately think of horrid MySpace pages and web designs circa-1990’s. It is therefore a worthy achievement when an artist is able to use this technique to make a website look stunning and attractive. An effective background design pattern can leave a memorable and positive feeling on the people who view these works of art.
by Ben Ostrowsky
Here I’ve compiled 20 beautiful and artistic websites that use tiled patterns to set their webpage apart from the ordinary.
1) Enlighten Designs
4) We Do The Web
5) Impressive Work
6) Hotel Belwether
7) David Loop
8) Olly Hite
10) Elitist Snob
11) Imagined Creative
12) THE SIDES
13) Tanya Merone
15) Jen Gordon
16) Viget Labs
18) Robert Beerworth Blog Australia
20) Saint Augustine Bed and Breakfast
These are all designs I feel have truly achieved a unique look by using a background pattern instead of going the safe route with a solid color.
Do you have any other websites to add to the list? Did I miss a website that belongs here? Be sure to leave the links on your comments.
- Squidfingers design pattern collection – they’re free and look nice.
- SpoonGraphics Trendy Circles – Free Vector file of trendy circles, in case you want to develop a design pattern on your own.
Resources by Industry
- Web Design for Excavation Companies: Top 5 Tips (With Examples!)
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fence Installers
- 5 Simple and Successful Web Design Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- Tips for Medical Website Designs
- Medical Website Design from an Award Winning Agency
- Top 10 Effective Web Design Tips for Auto Service Centers
- Web Design for Renewable Energy: Tips for a Site That Shines
- Insurance Website Design Services
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fertility Clinics
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.