But how can you know which online marketing firms can benefit your business, and which ones aren’t worth your time?
Call 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about online marketing services from WebFX, or keep reading for a few tips to help you choose the right agency for your business.
What is online marketing?
Before we discuss what these firms do, it’s important to have an idea of what online marketing involves. As you might guess, online marketing refers to any type of marketing place in on Internet-based channels. Some common types of online marketing include:
- Search engine optimization, or SEO. SEO helps your company’s website achieve higher visibility through search engine rankings. Being at the top of the page of results for industry-related searches means more opportunities for you to get customers.
- Pay per click advertising, or PPC. PPC ads are a terrific method of getting your business seen across a variety of platforms. Best of all, it’s affordable and can be designed to fit your budget.
- Email marketing. Email is great for directly contacting potential customers who have already opted into hearing from your business. The emails can promotional in nature, such as in the case of coupons or special offers, or they can be more informational.
- Content marketing. Creating and publishing original content allows you to instantly connect with people who are interested in your product or service. Additionally, it can help boost SEO you’re your content is written and created with keyword optimization in mind.
- Social media. Every time you join a social media platform like Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, you’re getting involved in online marketing. Essentially, you’re putting your business’s brand forward so that others can find out more about what you do.
What do online marketing firms do?
As you can see, there’s a lot you can do to reach potential customers online, and it’s tough for businesses of any size to engage in all the ways they would like. As a result, many companies that want to continue to grow and thrive in their marketplaces outsource many of their web-based marketing strategies to online marketing firms.
These firms can do some or all of the online processes, and that frees up your company’s internal team to focus elsewhere.
Mid-Size Businesses Trust WebFX
Leah Pickard. ABWE
The benefits of hiring an online marketing firm
There are many advantages to using an online marketing firm over trying a more do-it-yourself approach:
- You don’t have to know everything about online marketing. In fact, you only have to know the bare minimum in order to hire someone to do your online marketing for you. This is a huge relief, especially for business owners without an intensive marketing background. You just need to focus on what you do, and allow your online marketing firm to take care of what they do.
- It saves money in the long run. Generally, you’ll spend a certain amount every month to pay your online marketing provider to do work for you, but the cost will pale in comparison to what you’d pay someone in-house to do the same work full-time. Even if you choose a high-end agency, your costs will be less than paying someone a salary.
- You get the advantage of resources you otherwise wouldn’t have. Online marketing firms usually have resources that are simply not available to you. These can include proprietary software packages and opportunities to learn the latest techniques. Plus, since they likely have experience with a variety of different programs and marketing tools, they know which ones are the best of the best.
- They can use past data and experiences to beef up your results. When you work with an online marketing firm that has an extensive client list, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that they’re likely to use what they learned in the past to improve your outcomes.
- You won’t have to work 24/7 on your online marketing. Instead, you can feel good knowing that it’s happening in the background.
How to choose an online marketing firm for your business
Of course, before you can take advantage of all the benefits of having an online marketing firm, you first have to find the right one for your company. Here are a few tips that will help you find the best online marketing firm for your needs:
- Look for one with a robust website that obviously uses online marketing for itself.
- Find one that will answer all of your questions completely—and doesn’t give you the feeling that they’re avoiding certain topics.
- Find one that’s upfront about pricing and offers a variety of packages.
- Look for an online marketing firm with experience in your industry (and can give you a few examples of past or current clients).
- Find one that can refer you to satisfied clients for honest, unbiased opinions.
- Choose one that has enough resources to do what you need.
Remember that there’s no doubt that the right online marketing company for your business is out there—you just have to do your research to find it.
Ready to start using online marketing?
If want to use the Internet to grow your business, WebFX can help. As a full-service Internet marketing agency, we know how to use all of the strategies above and more to reach customers in all industries.
Contact us today to speak with a strategist about how your business can reach new audiences and convert them into customers with online marketing.