There’s a lot of competition among CPA firms. In fact, there’s a good chance that another CPA firm could be operating right down the street from you. In order to stand out, you have to use every marketing took at your disposal, and that includes search engine optimization (SEO).
How SEO works for CPA firms
Most people use the Internet to research companies, including CPA firms. This means you have to establish a strong presence online, and the best way to do that is with a working knowledge of SEO.
Your CPA firm can use SEO to build brand awareness, attract more visitors to your website, and increase your customer base to help grow your business. By using the proper keywords and creating content that encourage potential customers to convert, you can experience growth that is nearly impossible to achieve without a website.
SEO tips for CPA firms
SEO is filled with dozens of best practices that you can use to make your website better. There are some tactics that work especially well for CPA firms, and you can work all of them into your website.
- Optimize pages for keywords. From your homepage to your “About Our CPAs” page, your website’s pages need to be optimized for certain keywords so that they’ll show up in search engine results pages (SERPs). Keyword optimization means choosing one or two keywords and naturally weaving those keywords throughout the web copy. Utilizing long, specific keywords and building pages around those concepts shows customers what they want to know while encouraging conversion.
- Earn backlinks. “Backlinks” are links from other websites to yours. Search engines use these links to determine which websites rank above others in SERPs. You can earn links by creating quality content that gets a lot of popular attention, joining local organizations that bolster your reputation, reaching out to bloggers in your industry, and more.
- Start and maintain a blog. A blog shows that you’re an authoritative and intelligent resource within your industry. You can write about news, developments, common questions, and more to earn a readership for your blog. You can even use it to highlight what your business does around the community, like charity work, convention appearances, speaking events, and more.
- Start and maintain a social media presence. Facebook has billions of users, and you have a golden opportunity to engage as many of them as possible to spread your business’s name. You can also use Twitter, Instagram, and other networks to reach out to key members of your industry or connect with your customer base. Regardless of your choice, social media helps make your business more accessible, relatable, and human to attract more customers.
- Utilize multimedia. Search engines like pages that provide a positive user experience. The best way to provide a user experience is to engage them, and you can do that with photo, audio, video, and text. Using all of these options in conjunction with one another shows that you’re committed to quality while offering customers something in exchange for their time. Plus, it gives them reasons to stay on your site longer, increasing the chances that they’ll become your customers.
- Watch your competition. SEO doesn’t have an end — it’s a constant effort to outpace your competition for keywords that are relevant to your industry. With that in mind, you have to watch what your competition is doing since they’re guaranteed to be optimizing their websites as well. You can also look at their top-performing pages and create your own pages on similar topics to help siphon traffic away from them and onto your site.
You have hundreds of other options beyond just this advice if you want to use SEO for your CPA firm. Just as you would encourage one of your clients to consider all the options, we encourage you to seriously consider how you can build business. But this is a lot — especially for someone new to Internet marketing — and it takes up a lot of time.
Luckily, there’s a solution for people who are too busy running their company to pay attention to SEO.
WebFX knows SEO for CPA firms
WebFX is a full-service Internet marketing agency that can achieve exceptional results for your business so you can grow your bottom line. Our talented team of specialists has earned awards for their hard work in the past, and their knowledge, experience, and commitment to quality ensures they can deliver the same outstanding products to your business. If you want to gain the edge over your competition, partner with us.
Contact us today to start growing your business online!
Ready to start your SEO campaign? Call 888.449.3239 or contact us online today to learn more about how WebFX can help with your CPA firm's Internet marketing challenges.