Carol has a family-owned and operated dry cleaner that’s her pride and joy — she’s been serving customers for over 30 years.
Recently, she notices she’s not attracting many news customers and only sees her regulars. She wants her business to keep growing, but she’s unsure how to reach people who need her services.
If you’re like Carol, you want to find new ways to market your business to reach customers who need a dry cleaner — digital marketing for dry cleaners is the solution you’re seeking.
With a digital marketing plan, you can help your dry-cleaning business market online and reach people who actively search for a local dry cleaner.
But where do you start with digital marketing?
To help you’ll get started, we’ll cover some dry-cleaning marketing ideas, including:
- Build a beautiful website that keeps visitors engaged
- Use SEO to drive traffic searching for dry cleaners
- Claim your Google Business Profile listing to attract local leads
- Reach more qualified leads through PPC advertising
- Share your knowledge with your audience through content marketing
- Connect with prospects through social media
Keep reading to learn more about these dry cleaner marketing ideas! If you want to get started with your digital marketing today, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
1. Build a beautiful website that keeps visitors engaged
Regardless of what digital marketing strategies you use, you will always drive people back to your dry-cleaning website. Your website is the heart of your digital marketing campaign, so it’s fundamental that you set a positive first impression on your site.
If you want to do online marketing for dry cleaners effectively, start by creating a clean and modern website. Your site’s design should reflect your business, from the color choices to the stylistic elements.
Establishing a style guide for your site will help ensure you have a consistent look and feel throughout your site.
Your style guide can provide guidance on things like:
- Design color choices
- Image style
- Call to action (CTA) button style and color
- Graphic style
- Font style, size, and color
There’s more that goes into your website than just making it look attractive. You also need to have a site that functions properly and provides a positive user experience for your audience.
Here are few things you’ll want to do to ensure your site keeps visitors engaged:
- Create an easy-to-use navigation bar: Your navigation bar is how people find different pages on your site. You want to ensure that you use broad headings and organize subcategories beneath each heading so your audience can find information quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure your site loads quickly: Users hate to wait for slow-loading pages, so you must ensure your page loads fast to deliver a positive user experience. Use Google PageSpeed Insights to see your site’s current load time and get helpful tips for improving site speed.
- Make your design mobile-friendly: People will search for your dry-cleaning business on mobile devices, so you want to ensure your site looks good on mobile. Integrating responsive design enables your site to adapt to all devices and deliver the optimal experience.
2. Use SEO to drive traffic searching for dry cleaners
If you create a strategy for doing Internet marketing for dry cleaners, you must include search engine optimization (SEO) as part of your list. SEO is the process of boosting your site’s ranking in search results to help you drive more qualified traffic to your site.
With 94% of all online experiences starting with a search engine, people are likely turning to search engines like Google to find a dry cleaner in their area. If you aren’t optimizing your site to rank in relevant search results, you’ll miss out on valuable traffic for your business.
You can start helping your site rank in search results by optimizing your pages for relevant key terms. By conducting keyword research with a keyword research tool like KeywordsFX, you can find keywords to integrate into your site.
You’ll want to focus on long-tail keywords, which contain three or more words, because they are specific and drive the most qualified traffic to your site. Once you identify high-quality keywords for your site, you can start integrating them to help your site rank.
In addition to identifying keywords, you’ll also want to follow these best practices:
- Optimizing your title tag and meta description: Your title tag and meta description are the first things your audience sees when your site appears in search results. You’ll want to integrate these keywords into these tags and make them compelling enough to drive people to click.
- Earn backlinks: Backlinks are links to your site from authoritative sites. These links help your build your site’s trust and authority, as well as increase rankings. Creating high-quality content and sharing it with industry leaders can help you earn these valued links.
- Link internally: Internal linking involves linking to other pages within your site. It’s a great way to keep leads on your page longer, as well as help Google crawl and index pages on your site. You can link internally on any page — just make sure your anchor text is relevant to the link!
3. Claim your Google Business Profile listing to attract local leads
When you do online marketing for dry-cleaning, you must optimize your local search presence.
If people search for a dry cleaner, they’re looking for one in their local area. If you aren’t optimizing for these search results, you’re missing a prime opportunity to drive traffic straight to your dry-cleaning business.
Google Business Profile is the key to helping you attract more local leads. When users conduct local searches, it generates a box, called the local 3-pack, containing listings from businesses in their area. This area is prime real estate for helping you drive local traffic to your dry cleaner.
Start by claiming your Google Business Profile listing. Once you claim your listing, you’ll want to verify that your name, address, and phone number are correct.
After verifying your information, you can optimize your Google Business Profile listing by adding more information like:
- Your email address
- Your hours of operation
- Photos of your business and staff
- A short blurb about your company
- Business category
A complete listing will help you provide your audience with more helpful information, which can drive them to visit your dry-cleaning business.
4. Reach more qualified leads through PPC advertising
If you’re looking for a strategy that will drive more qualified leads for your business, you’ll want to make pay-per-click (PPC) advertising part of your online marketing for dry-cleaning. This strategy enables you to place ads at the top of search results to drive qualified leads.
PPC ads are a great way for you to outrank your competition and drive more qualified leads to your dry-cleaning business. Ad clickers are 50% more likely to convert than organic visitors, so you can feel confident you’re driving qualified leads with this strategy.
Like SEO, you’ll want to find long-tail keywords to bid on for your ads. These keywords will drive more qualified leads because they’re specific. They also have less competition due to the specificity, which leads to lower bids and stretching your budget further.
Once you select your keywords, you can start crafting your ad content. Here are some best practices for creating dry-cleaning ads that succeed:
- Use ad extensions: When you craft your ad copy, you can use ad extensions to provide your audience with more helpful information. From structured snippets to callout extensions, you have numerous options to help your audience gather more information about your business.
- Create a custom landing page: A custom landing page is best for your PPC ads because it keeps your audience focused on the information they want. So, for example, if someone wants to learn about your wash and fold laundry services, your custom landing page can focus solely on that information to keep leads focused.
- Ensure your ad copy and landing page match: If you’re running an ad for your wedding gown cleaning services, your landing page should match the ad content. Delivering a consistent experience from view to click will keep your audience engaged longer.
5. Share your knowledge with your audience through content marketing
Another critical strategy for Internet marketing for dry cleaners is content marketing. This strategy lets you share your expertise with your audience to establish yourself as an authority in your field.
When it comes to online marketing for dry-cleaning, content marketing is one of the most valuable strategies for driving qualified traffic that turns into leads for your company. So, how do you get started with this strategy?
First, get familiar with the different content formats. There are numerous types of content you can create, including:
- Blog posts
When you craft content, you want to focus on industry-related topics that your audience actively researches for information.
For example, if you offer wedding dress cleaning services, you may create a blog post on how wedding dresses are dry-cleaned to ease a nervous bride’s mind. You also may create content around how much it costs to get a wedding dress dry-cleaned, if you should do it, and more.
Here’s how you can make content marketing a practical part of your dry cleaner marketing strategy:
- Create content often: You need to create content often if you want your strategy to be effective. Content creation shows you’re active in your industry and keep up with the latest information. Not to mention, it continuously creates new ways for people to find your dry-cleaning business.
- Use a content calendar: When you’re creating content often, you must stay organized. A content calendar will help you plan when you create, edit, and publish your content. It ensures you always have a steady flow of content going on your site.
- Give old content new life: As things change in your industry, you want to ensure your content reflects the most recent information. Updating your content will ensure you deliver accurate information. It also provides you with an opportunity to improve performance for underperforming content pieces.
6. Connect with prospects through social media
The last strategy we’ll look at for digital marketing for dry-cleaning is social media marketing. The average user spends 28% of Internet time on social media, making social media marketing an excellent strategy for reaching prospects where they spend their time.
There are numerous social media platforms you can use to connect with prospects, including:
You can use any number of platforms to connect with your audience. Once you identify which platforms you want to use, you can see what type of content you can post. The content format options will vary based on the platform, but every platform enables you to post photos and videos.
When you share content on social media, make sure it’s relevant and engaging to your audience. You want people to like, comment on, and share your content with others.
If you choose social media as part of your dry cleaner marketing strategy, here are some best practices to follow:
- Engage with your audience: One of the most significant social media benefits is connecting directly with your audience and engaging with them on your posts. When people comment on your posts, take time to comment back and have a conversation. Make sure you answer your direct messages too!
- Post often: If you want people to see your social media posts in their feed, you need to post content frequently. You can use a social media calendar to help you stay on top of posting, see the cohesiveness of your campaigns, and identify content gaps.
- Run ads: Social media advertising is an excellent way for you to reach prospects that need dry cleaning services but haven’t found the right one yet. You can create targeted ad copy to drive these leads to your business.
Time to Level Up Your Sales
Our long list of services helps you grow every aspect of your business with marketing strategies that are proven to increase bottom-line metrics like revenue and conversions.
In the past 5 years, we’ve managed more than 12.9 MILLION transactions across our client base.
Get help with Internet marketing for dry-cleaning today
If you’re feeling overwhelmed trying to create a dry cleaner marketing plan that works for your business, WebFX is here to help. We have a team of over 500 marketing experts that can help you craft a custom marketing plan that works for your business.
We’re a full-service digital marketing company that offers all the strategies you need to grow your dry-cleaning business online. When you partner with us, you’ll get a strategy that helps you drive results.
In the past five years, we’ve driven over $3 billion in sales and over 7.8 million leads for our clients. You can feel confident the custom strategy we craft for you will help your business thrive online.
Want to drive more customers to your dry-cleaning business? Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our digital marketing services!
Table of Contents
- 1. Build a beautiful website that keeps visitors engaged
- 2. Use SEO to drive traffic searching for dry cleaners
- 3. Claim your Google Business Profile listing to attract local leads
- 4. Reach more qualified leads through PPC advertising
- 5. Share your knowledge with your audience through content marketing
- 6. Connect with prospects through social media
- Get help with Internet marketing for dry-cleaning today
- 5 Need-to-Know Tips for Doing Social Media for Dry Cleaners
- 5 Top-Notch Tips for Boosting SEO for Dry Cleaners
- Lead Generation for Dry Cleaners: Top 3 Lead Gen Ideas
- PPC for Dry Cleaners: How to Clean-Sweep the Competition With PPC Ads
- Web Design for Dry Cleaners: Grow Revenue With Professional Website Design
Our Most Popular Services
How We Drive Revenue for Businesses
- Creative Marketing Agency
- Digital Due Diligence
- Digital Recruitment Marketing Pricing: What Does It Cost in 2023?
- Digital Recruitment Marketing Services
- Digital Strategy Agency
- Digital Transformation Solutions
- Measure Your Product Catalog’s ROI With Ecommerce PIM
- Inbound Marketing Pricing: How Much Should You Pay in 2023?
- Inbound Marketing Services