- Published: Apr 4, 2023
- Last Updated: Sep 27, 2023
- 4 min. read
Maria CarpenaEmerging Trends & Research Writer
- Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
Brand management definition: Brand management in marketing is a set of techniques that develops and maintains a company’s identity and reputation. It aims to elevate the perceived value of a company and its products or services.
Your brand is more than just the product you’re offering. If you want to grow your business and maintain an image that will cultivate customer loyalty, you need brand management.
If you’re looking for the answer to the question “What is brand management?” to start building your brand, you’re in the right place. This blog post will tackle these topics:
- What is brand management?
- What are the benefits of brand management?
- 4 effective brand management tactics
- 2 brand management examples to get inspiration from
While you’re here, you can download one of our marketing guides for free!
What is brand management?
Brand management is a set of techniques that analyze, develop, and maintain a business’s identity and reputation. Its goal is to elevate the perceived value of a company and its products or services.
A robust brand management strategy can help you create and cultivate relationships with your target market. As a result, your audience will perceive your brand and products more positively, leading to increased sales and revenue.
What are the benefits of brand management?
Brand management is an important component of your overall marketing strategy, because it does the following:
- Increase brand awareness and recognition. Analyzing our company’s reputation and identity can help you improve your brand awareness.
- Foster loyalty among your customers. Creating and cultivating an emotional connection with your target market can foster customer and brand loyalty.
- Increase sales and revenue. Having loyal customers means increased customer retention, which results in sales and revenue growth.
- Leverage your pricing. Because your audience perceives your brand positively, you can command a price premium for your products and services.
4 effective brand management tactics
Here are four effective brand management tactics to establish your brand identity:
1. Create branding rules for your team
Do you have strategic brand elements for your business? If so, identify these elements, including:
- Your company’s values and mission statement: Why does your business exist, and what does it aim to solve? Your brand’s mission statement and values help you answer these questions and connect with your audience, so that not only do they know what you offer, but they also understand why you do it.
- Brand’s visual elements: Determine the look and feel of the images you’ll use. Don’t forget your logo!
- Brand’s tone of voice: What’s your brand’s personality? Your tone of voice dictates how you speak with your audience.
- Target audience: Identify your brand’s intended audience and buyers.
Make sure you create a live document of your branding rules to help your team work together efficiently. Everyone on the team can view the latest changes if you have updates, say a revised logo.
2. Craft captivating brand stories
Build a solid emotional connection with your audience by crafting authentic and captivating brand stories. How does your brand or product help your target audience conquer their problems or pain points?
Tell a hero’s journey story, which focuses on your target audience. It starts with your buyer’s pain points and how they conquered them with the help of your brand.
3. Prioritize your customers
If you want your brand to successfully win over your customers, provide a seamless customer experience for them. Are you meeting their needs and expectations?
Ensure you provide support and create a frictionless customer journey to keep them happy.
4. Implement brand rules
Ensure your organization’s different teams know your brand rules, so you provide a consistent customer experience. Your brand management team must also have documentation of certain restrictions.
Which fonts and colors are allowed? What are images that your team must avoid? These are some of the questions that your branding handbook should answer.
2 brand management examples to get inspiration from
Now that you know the different techniques for brand management in marketing, you can draw inspiration from these two brief brand management examples:
Brand collaboration between a car dealership and a car seat brand
Let’s say a car dealership is positioning its newest nameplates as safe family vehicles, as they passed crash tests with flying colors. They wanted to underscore the brand’s passion for passenger safety by teaming up with a car seat brand.
Together, the brands created educational videos on car safety tips with children and pets, and road trips.
A new logo
Another brand management example is when a real estate broker updates its brand logo for its 20th anniversary. The brand can use the logo for the year to showcase its authority and reliability in the field.
Take your brand to new heights with WebFX
If you want to elevate your company’s reputation with brand management, let WebFX help. We are a full-service digital marketing agency with more than 25 years of experience in 200+ industries.
We’ve developed revenue-driving strategies to help brands increase awareness and establish their position in the market. Contact us online or call us at 888-601-5359 to speak to a strategist about our services so we can help you with brand building and management!
Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more
- What is Brand Management?
- What Are the Benefits of Brand Management?
- 4 Effective Brand Management Tactics
- 1. Create Branding Rules for Your Team
- 2. Craft Captivating Brand Stories
- 3. Prioritize Your Customers
- 4. Implement Brand Rules
- 2 Brand Management Examples to Get Inspiration from
- Brand Collaboration Between a Car Dealership and a Car Seat Brand
- A New Logo
- Take Your Brand to New Heights with WebFX