What Is Ad Tech? Definition, Types, and Platforms
Ad tech definition: Ad tech, short for advertising technology, is an umbrella term that describes the tools and software advertisers use to manage, target, and analyze their digital advertising campaigns.
Want a brief overview of what you can expect to find in this ad tech guide? Check out some of the topics we’ll cover below:
- What is ad tech?
- How does ad tech work?
- What are the benefits of ad tech?
- Types of ad tech solutions
- The best ad tech platforms of 2023
And if you want even more digital advertising advice, we’ve got you covered. Get the latest digital advertising tips and tricks from our award-winning experts in this free guide!
What is ad tech?
Ad tech is software and tools you can use to implement, manage, and track digital advertising campaigns.
Managing a digital ad campaign can be time-consuming since it consists of many tasks, such as bidding, purchasing ad space, writing ad copy, and much more. Adtech software can help you streamline your processes, saving you time and enabling you to implement more effective advertisements that drive sales.
How does ad tech work?
Now that you know the answer to the question, “what is ad tech,” let’s dive into how it works.
The main goal of advertising technology is to help you implement and manage effective ad campaigns that drive sales and revenue for your company.
Here are just a few examples of how ad tech works to help you manage your campaigns:
- Bidding: Many advertising technology platforms help you streamline your bidding process. For example, you can set your maximum budget and desired bid amount and let the software take care of the rest.
- Purchasing ad space: Ad tech can also purchase ad space for you, from advertisements on websites, apps, over-the-top (OTT) platforms, and more.
- Audience targeting and retargeting: With ad tech, you can use audience targeting capabilities to ensure that your ads reach the users who are most likely to purchase your products.
- Measuring results: Advertising technology enables you to track the results of your campaigns. By analyzing how many users saw your ad, clicked on it, or made a purchase, ad tech helps you measure the results that matter the most.
Advertising technology can do everything from helping you reach your ideal customers to automating repetitive tasks.
What are the benefits of ad tech?
So, we’ve gone over the ad tech definition and how it works, but what about the benefits? How exactly can advertising technology grow your business?
Let’s explore the most significant benefits of ad tech. Ad tech can help you:
Save time and resources
One of the key benefits of using ad tech is that it can help you save tons of valuable time and resources. Instead of completing repetitive tasks that take up your or your team’s to-do list, you can let your software do it for you so you can focus on other business tasks.
Reach more of your ideal customers
Ensuring that your advertisements reach the users who are most likely to purchase your products and services is the key to unlocking more revenue. Ad tech helps you implement highly targeted campaigns that reach your target audience, leading to more leads and conversions for your business.
Earn a higher return on investment (ROI)
Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of ad tech is that it helps you earn a higher ROI. Advertising technology enables you to track and measure the success of your campaigns. As a result, you can optimize your strategies to drive even better results for your company in the future.
Ad tech is a valuable asset that provides you with the tools you need to implement ad campaigns that reach your audience and encourage them to convert into loyal customers.
Types of ad tech solutions
There are many advertising technology solutions that can help you manage your ads. Which one you can choose can depend on your unique business needs and goals.
Check out a few different types of ad tech solutions below:
- Artificial intelligence (AI) ad tech
- Automated bidding ad tech
- Mobile ad tech
- Digital ad tech
- Video ad tech
1. Artificial intelligence (AI) ad tech
AI ad tech is automated machine learning software that can streamline your most time-consuming and repetitive advertising tasks. Automated advertising software can help you:
- Show your audience more personalized advertisements
- Bid on keywords and phrases
- Purchase ad space
- Target your ideal customers
- And much more
Automated advertising technology is a valuable tool that can help free up your to-do list and implement a more targeted ad campaign.
2. Automated bidding ad tech
Automated bidding ad tech takes the guesswork out of the bidding process. Unlike manual bidding, it’s not necessary to manually update bids for different ad groups, keywords, or budgets.
Instead, your platform will automatically set bids for your advertisements based on that ad’s likelihood of generating clicks and conversions, helping you drive more sales and revenue.
In most cases, you’ll set your maximum bid amount or budget and let the software do the rest. In addition, the software can use the information from previous bid results to inform your future bids, leading to better results for your business.
3. Mobile ad tech
If you want to advertise on mobile devices, apps, and mobile-friendly websites, you might want to consider investing in mobile ad tech.
You can streamline, buy, plan, and analyze mobile ad campaigns with this technology. Some mobile ad tech platforms also enable you to take advantage of audience targeting features to ensure that your ads reach your ideal prospects and customers.
4. Digital ad tech
Digital, or online, advertising technology helps you implement digital ad campaigns, no matter the device type your audience uses.
With digital ad tech, you can:
- Collect and analyze audience data
- Track your campaign results
- Create personalized ads
- Manage all of your ad campaigns in one centralized hub
- And much more
Digital advertising technology helps you manage various ad campaigns, from pay-per-click (PPC) ads on search engines to sponsored social media ads and much more.
5. Video ad tech
Video advertisements are one of the most engaging ad types. So, if you’re currently investing in video ads, you might want to consider video ad tech to maximize your reach and results.
With video advertising technology, you can implement and manage videos ads that appear on:
In addition, video ad software enables you to personalize your ads and target specific members of your target audience to boost your ad’s engagement, clicks, and conversions.
The best ad tech platforms of 2023
Are you searching for the best ad tech platforms to start streamlining your campaigns? We’ve got you covered.
Check out our favorite ad tech platforms of 2023 below:
AdRoll is a digital advertising technology platform that enables you to easily launch display ads, social media ads, and much more.
With AdRoll, you can manage all of your advertising campaigns in one dashboard, saving you tons of valuable time. In addition, AdRoll features advanced AI features that can help you launch an effective retargeting strategy that reaches the users who are most likely to convert.
2. Google Marketing Platform
Google Marketing Platform is a popular advertising technology solution. With its easy-to-use tools and user-friendly interface, Google Marketing Platform is an excellent tool to help you manage your ad campaigns.
You can use this platform to manage almost every aspect of your ad campaign, including tracking your results, analyzing audience data, implementing paid search ads, and much more.
If you’re searching for the best ad tech platform of 2023, look no further than AdTechFX. AdTechFX is a multi-device programmatic software based on customer relationship management (CRM) and visitor data.
With AdTechFX, you can take advantage of features like:
- Third-party audience targeting
- Account-based retargeting
- CRM pipeline retargeting
- And much more
So, if you’re looking for ad tech platform that helps you reach your target audience and encourage them to convert into loyal customers, AdTechFX is the perfect advertising technology software for you.
One platform tracking countless metrics and driving stellar results.Learn More About Our Proprietary Software
Use the best ad tech software to grow your business with WebFX
Are you ready to start harnessing the power of ad tech to drive more revenue for your business? WebFX is one of the top adtech companies in the industry, providing powerful adtech services that drives revenue.
AdTechFX can help you seamlessly develop and manage ad campaigns that reach your ideal customers and encourage them to make a purchase. Plus, our adtech agency is equipped with a team of over 500 advertising experts who are always on hand to help you maximize your results with our award-winning software.
Chat with one of our strategists today by calling 888-601-5359 or contact us online to learn more about our adtech pricing plans and how AdTechFX can take your business to new heights.
Table of Contents
- What Is a Martech Stack and What Should You Include In Yours?
- Bot Marketing: What Is It and How Can You Use It?
- What Is Data Mining? Everything You Need to Know
- What Is Live Shopping and How Does Live Stream Shopping Work?
- What Is Business Intelligence and Why Do You Need It?
- What Is Advertising? Definition and 2023 Guide
- What is Revenue Attribution and How Do You Report On It with MarketingCloudFX?
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- 6 Ways You Can Use Remarketing for Plumbers
- How to Use Google Ads Hotel Guest Stay Campaign Management for More Bookings
- 3 Fantastic Farmers Market Advertising Ideas
- What Is Industrial Advertising and Why Invest in Industrial Digital Advertising?
- What Are Co-op Advertising Dollars, and How Can They Help You?