Mark wants to find a new motorcycle before he goes on his cross-country trip and you have just the bike he needs. But when Mark starts researching motorcycles online, your business doesn’t appear in search results.
Without digital marketing for motorcycle dealers, your website won’t show up in search results, and your target audience will likely settle for a competitor that does.
If you want to reach people like Mark, you need to learn how to market your motorcycle dealership online. Luckily, we’ve got a list of four motorcycle marketing ideas to help you reach people looking for your products.
Keep reading to learn more about online marketing for motorcycle companies and give us a call today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about investing in digital marketing services.
Our digital marketing campaigns impact the metrics that improve your bottom line.See More Results
WebFX has driven the following results for clients:
In client revenue
Leads for our clients
Client phone calls
1. Use search engine optimization (SEO) to help leads find your business
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the most critical motorcycle marketing strategies. With SEO, you’ll optimize your site to rank higher in search results so you can drive more credible traffic to your website.
SEO involves numerous tactics to help you gain new traffic and leads for your motorcycle dealership. Here are a few things you’ll do to create an effective SEO campaign:
- Select relevant keywords: The keywords that your target audience types in the search bar of Google triggers relevant search results and if you want to rank highly, you need to conduct keyword research. Effective keyword research helps you determine relevant industry keywords to target, which helps you appear highly on search engine results pages (SERPs). You’ll want to optimize for long-tail keywords, like “best budget-friendly motorcycle” or “best motorcycle for cross-country trips,” because long-tail keywords will drive more relevant traffic for your business. Since long-tail keywords are specific, you know someone searching for your long tail keywords is most interested in your company.
- Improve your site load time: Users don’t want to wait for your site to load to get the information they need. They want information fast, so you need to ensure that your site loads quickly. Having a fast-loading website will enable you to rank higher in search results and effectively drive more leads. To check your site speed metrics, you can use Google PageSpeed Insights — which will provide you with suggestions on how to improve your site’s load time. If you don’t have experience working on the backend of your website, you can invest in page speed services from a digital marketing company like WebFX.
- Create content: Content plays a fundamental role in helping you rank in search results. Content creation enables you to rank for different keywords, which drives more traffic to your website. Fantastic content can keep leads on your pages for longer, if its engaging and beneficial. You can create blogs, videos, and infographics to help keep users engaged on your site. When you create content, make sure you provide your audience with the valuable information they want. You can search your keyword on Google to see what content currently ranks to help inspire your own strategy.
- Make sure your site is functional on mobile: Over 50% of Internet traffic comes from mobile, so you need to optimize your site to ensure that mobile users have a good experience on your website. Additionally, Google considers your mobile site when ranking since it moved to mobile-first indexing. You can use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool to see if your site is mobile-friendly. If it’s not, you can integrate responsive design to help your site adapt to whatever device a user uses.
SEO is a critical component of Internet marketing for motorcycle dealers. By following these best practices, you’ll help your business rank better in search results and drive more motorcycle lovers to visit your site.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX really provides a total solution team that will progressively guide you thru impactful changes to your site, helping you stand apart from your competition.”
2. Use web design to create an engaging on-site experience
As you compile a list of motorcycle marketing ideas, don’t forget to add web design to your list!
Web design is an integral part of online marketing for motorcycle dealers because 94% of first impressions come from web design. If your design is lackluster or outdated, your audience may not want to continue engaging with your motorcycle business.
So, how can you create a website design that wows your audience?
- Implement your brand’s style: Your motorcycle business has a unique style. If you want your company to stand out from other motorcycle dealers, you need to implement that unique style into your website. Having a unique design with your color scheme will help you build brand recognition with your audience, too.
Take Harley Davidson, for example. Their iconic orange and black color scheme make them stand out from other motorcycle competitors and helps them build brand recognition.
- Create a style guide to ensure consistency: You want to input information like your color scheme, font style, and image guidelines into a style guide. Your style guide serves as the go-to manual for anyone who works on the design of your site. Style guides are critical to your business’s success because they help you keep your site uniform. You’ll have a consistent look and feel for your site, which builds trust with your audience.
- Use whitespace: When you’re designing your site, you may feel like you need to fill every inch of your pages. While you have a lot of room to put text, photos, and videos, you don’t want to overload your site. Overloading your pages will leave your audience feeling overwhelmed and could cause them to bounce from your website. That’s why it’s fundamental that you use whitespace on your site. Whitespace allows your audience to stay focused on the important information while keeping your site clean. Check out how Harley Davidson uses whitespace to keep their site organized.
3. Use social media to connect with motorcycle enthusiasts
Next on our list of digital marketing strategies for motorcycle dealers — social media. Social media marketing is a great way for your business to connect one-on-one with motorcycle enthusiasts. You can share valuable content and information with your audience that encourages them to visit your website to learn more about your brand. Social media also provides direct message platforms that allows you to interact directly with users.
Your business can use numerous social media platforms as a part of your motorcycle marketing strategy to connect with your audience, including:
You’ll want to focus on platforms where your audience is likely to engage with your business.
With social media marketing, you’ll want to make sure you:
- Keep your brand consistent across platforms: Like with your website, you must implement your brand’s style into your profiles. You want to ensure that all your social profiles are consistent to help build brand familiarity. Make sure you use the same profile photo, which is typically your logo, as well as the same cover photo across platforms. You’ll help give a consistent image of your brand for your followers and make it easy for them to remember your business.
- Post often: Your followers see content from their friends, family, and other businesses in their feed. It can be easy for your content to get lost in their newsfeeds but posting often can help you combat the issue. By posting often, you provide more chances for your audience to see your content. It can help you get your followers to engage more with your brand, too. Plus — posting often shows that your page is up-to-date.
- Run social media ads: In addition to social posts, you’ll also want to run social media ads. Social media ads appear in a user’s newsfeed. This motorcycle advertising idea is a great way for you to reach new people who are interested in your motorcycles, as well as people who already follow your business. Social media ads offer advanced targeting, which allows you to reach prospects that are most interested in your business. You can also create visuals ads that enable you to catch your audience’s attention and encourage them to click.
Social media is a great channel for motorcycle dealers to connect with prospects one-on-one and share valuable information with them. If you want to know how to market a motorcycle dealership, start by adding social media to your strategy so you can engage with prospects and nurture them towards conversion.
4. Use email marketing to nurture prospects towards buying a motorcycle
Another great strategy for connecting with prospects is email marketing. Email marketing is one of the best strategies of online marketing for motorcycle dealers because it allows you to send valuable information straight into your prospect’s inbox.
To get started with email marketing, you need a list of subscribers. You can obtain subscribers by adding an email sign up bar to your site or by asking for an email when prospects visit your store.
If you want to have a successful email marketing campaign, follow these best practices:
- Segment your email list: If you want to do email marketing successfully, you need to segment your email list. Segmenting your email list enables you to group subscribers together based on their interests. So, for example, if you offer different brands of motorcycles, you may group people based on brand interests. This strategy also enables you to provide prospects with a more tailored experience. It prevents you from sending generic emails that may not be relevant to your prospects’ interests.
- Personalize your audience’s experience: Along with segmentation, you’ll also want to personalize your audience’s email experience. Personalization makes users more likely to engage with your email content because it’s tailored to your audience’s interests. You can personalize email content by adding your prospects’ names to the subject line or tailoring the content to their interests. Additionally, you can make personalized offers that entice them to convert. It’s a great way to help you earn more sales for your motorcycle dealership.
- Use an email management tool: With all this segmenting and personalization, it’s easy to get bogged down with all the emails you need to send. Instead of trying to manage all your emails on your own, use email management software. Email management software will expedite the process and make it easier for you to send different people tailored emails. For example, EmailMarketingFX, an email management tool, enables you to create, send, and monitor your email campaigns all in one place. It helps you run your email marketing campaign efficiently and effectively.
Get started with these motorcycle marketing ideas
Now that you know how to market a motorcycle dealership, you can start creating a strategy that works for your business. By investing in online marketing for motorcycle dealers, you’ll reach new prospects and get them interested in buying a motorcycle from your store.
If you aren’t sure how to start creating your marketing plan, WebFX is here to help. We have over a decade of experience in digital marketing and can help you create a custom plan to reach prospects most interested in your business.
You can count on our team of experts to drive results. In the past five years, we’ve driven over $3 billion in sales and over 7.8 million leads for our clients. You can count on our team of over 500 experts to bring their knowledge and expertise to your campaign.
Ready to rev up your motorcycle dealership’s marketing? Contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist about our custom digital marketing plans for motorcycle dealers like you!
Table of Contents
- 1. Use search engine optimization (SEO) to help leads find your business
- 2. Use web design to create an engaging on-site experience
- 3. Use social media to connect with motorcycle enthusiasts
- 4. Use email marketing to nurture prospects towards buying a motorcycle
- Get started with these motorcycle marketing ideas