8 tips for finding the best B2B digital marketing agency
Next, let’s look at some tips for finding the best B2B agency for your business. Here are eight things you should consider when choosing a B2B digital marketing agency.
1. Set goals to help you find the right company to achieve them
Before you can find the right B2B marketing agency, you must know what you're trying to accomplish with your digital campaign. You don’t want to hire a digital marketing company without having a direction for your campaign. It's essential to set goals so your marketing company can help you achieve them.
Ultimately, you want to decide what your goal is with your campaign. Are you trying to increase revenue, earn new leads, or build brand exposure? There are many different goals you can set for your campaigns.
Ensure that you set sizeable goals, too. It’s not possible to measure “earn some new visitors.” Instead, you’ll want to set goals like “increase website traffic by 20% or more.”
When you set your goals, your B2B marketing agency will know how to create a campaign that helps you achieve them. It will prevent you from overspending on your campaigns, too. By setting goals, you will reach the results you want to see with your digital marketing campaign.
2. Check out your B2B marketing agency’s pricing
When you’re looking into different B2B marketing strategies, you want to ensure that these strategies fit in your budget. To avoid exceeding your set marketing budget, it's vital that you know how much your digital agency’s services are.
The trouble with this is that many companies hide their prices. They don’t publish their prices on their website for some (or all) of their services. It makes it challenging for you to know how much the services cost.
If a company doesn't have their prices published online, you will have to contact them to find out about their pricing. This process will take time for you to get a response. It will also be time-consuming to hear from all the companies you’re considering and compare the prices.
Overall, it’s best to stick to a company that publishes their prices online. Companies that offer transparent pricing will be upfront and honest with you about what’s in your package and how much it will cost. When companies hide their prices, it can lead to additional fees that you might not have expected in your original quote.
By sticking to a company that offers transparent digital marketing pricing, you'll know exactly how much your services cost so you can adequately budget for the B2B marketing strategies you need.
3. Look for client testimonials and reviews
Client testimonials are a great indicator of the type of work a company does for its clients. These provide the first-hand experience of how well a company composes effective campaigns that are proven to work for clients.
These testimonials are an opportunity for you to see what people like about a digital marketing company. You get a better understanding of what people like about their work and what you can expect from them.
If a B2B digital marketing agency has dozens of client testimonials, it’s a good indication that they will do quality work for your campaign. You want to see a large number of client testimonials to help you understand different perspectives for different digital marketing campaigns.
Reviews are also an excellent resource for learning about a B2B marketing agency. You can learn about what people liked or didn’t like about a digital marketing company. It’s always good to have unbiased opinions so you can get an authentic experience of a business.
With reviews, you can see both positive and negative experiences. People can easily share what they like about a digital marketing company but can also share negative aspects of the company. It gives you great insight into potential problems you could run into, but you can also see how a digital marketing company fixes issues with their clients.
Client testimonials and reviews will help you gain better insight into a company and help you understand if they are a good partnership for you.
4. Ensure that your digital marketing agency understands how to market for B2B
This part may seem obvious, but it's essential that you hire a digital marketing agency that understands how to sell a B2B business. Many digital marketing companies will try to use B2C marketing strategies to grow your business, but they don't work as well. Your market is different, and the right digital marketing agency should know how to market a B2B company.
You want to ensure that your digital marketing agency understands these three critical parts of B2B marketing:
- You have multiple decision-makers: The right digital marketing company will know how to create one, cohesive marketing strategy to appeal to various people. They will recognize that it can be challenging to appeal to multiple decision-makers, but they will also know how to compose a campaign that hits the pain points each decision-maker shares.
- You have a long sales cycle: A B2B marketing company should understand that people won't immediately buy your products or use your services. The right digital marketing company will know how to create a marketing strategy that allows you to build brand awareness continually and nudge leads to conversion over time.
- You're dealing with more significant commitments: Many B2B businesses sell expensive products or contracts that require commitment. It's essential that your B2B digital marketing agency understands that you need to create a marketing strategy that showcases the value in choosing your business for these significant commitments.
The right B2B marketing company will help you create a strong B2B marketing strategy to help you cater to your audience.
5. Ask your B2B marketing agency questions
If you want to ensure that you get the right B2B marketing agency, you’ll want to ask questions. It’s important to vet a B2B marketing agency to ensure that they are a good fit for your business. You can ask questions like:
- Do you do all of your work in-house?
- How do you measure results?
- What KPIs do you look at?
- How will you drive results for our business?
- What's your experience with digital marketing campaigns?
These are just a few questions you can ask your B2B marketing agency to ensure that they are a good fit for your business.
6. Check their portfolio to see if a company has experience with your industry
When you're looking at different B2B marketing agencies, you want to know if they have experience working with your industry. You should check out their portfolio to see if they’ve partnered with businesses like yours.
As you research different companies, look to their portfolio. You can better understand a B2B marketing agency by looking at the work they do for their clients. You'll want to look at whether they have experience working with your particular type of B2B company to get a sense of the kind of marketing campaigns they create.
If they have experience in your industry, look at the results they drive for different strategies. It will give you a good idea of the type of results you can expect to see for your own business.
If they don’t have experience with your industry, you don’t want to count them out right away. Many B2B marketing companies are willing to learn about new industries and help you create a campaign that drives results. Look for diversity in their portfolio and check out other B2B sectors to see how they create successful campaigns for those businesses.
By looking through their portfolio, you will have a better understanding of the type of results they can create for your campaign.
7. Look for awards and certifications from your B2B marketing agency
The best B2B marketing agency will gain recognition from other people. Other establishments in the marketing world will recognize the great work they do. Also, a great marketing company will invest in getting certifications that showcase their knowledge and build their trust and authority.
Always look to see if an agency has earned awards related to their work, such as being rated a top digital marketing agency, a top SEO company, web design awards, and more. You can also keep an eye out for more personal awards, like the top workplace or best place to work, to give you more insight into a company.
There are numerous certifications a digital marketing company can have. You want to look for these certifications as you research different B2B marketing agencies to ensure that you’re working with the best company for your needs.
Here are a few certifications to seek:
- Google Ads Certification: This certification is in Google's advertising program. When someone gets certified in Google ads, they have extensive knowledge of Google AdWords.
- Google Analytics Certification: With the Google Analytics Certification, a digital marketing company becomes an expert in the Google Analytics tool and can help you use the tool. A B2B marketing company must take an exam and pass the exam first to become certified.
- HubSpot Content Marketing Certification: Content marketing is a powerful method that requires time and dedication. If a company certifies itself with HubSpot's Content Marketing Certification, they will know how to produce the best content for your company.
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification: This is another HubSpot marketing certification you'll want to see. This certification ensures that a marketing company is exceptionally knowledgeable in inbound marketing practices.
These are just a few of the many certifications you'll want to see when you're vetting different marketing companies. Overall, if a marketing company gets certified in different areas, you can trust that they are continually working to better themselves and continually build themselves as authorities in the marketing field.
8. Check to see if a B2B marketing company has marketing tools
When you look into B2B marketing services, you want to see if a marketing company has tools to run your campaign. It's essential that your B2B marketing company has access to valuable tools — like MarketingCloudFX — that will help you create a more effective campaign.
Overall, it’s best if a B2B marketing company has its tools. Having their tools ensures that they have control over the tools and don't have to rely on another company. It also means they can actively troubleshoot any issues that arise with the tool without having to rely on another company to fix the problems.
There are dozens of marketing tools a company can use to help you run your campaign. There are social media marketing tools, email management tools, content marketing management tools, and more. Investigate your B2B marketing agency to see what tools they can offer your business.