Do you want to grow your HVAC company, earning more leads, bookings, and sales than your competitors? With pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, you can. PPC for HVAC businesses offers a cost-effective way (its return on investment is $2 for every $1 invested) for growing your company.
If you’re looking for a PPC agency that specializes in HVAC PPC, WebFX can help.
With more than 7.8 million leads generated for our clients’ businesses, as well as more than $3 billion in revenue, we’re a trusted choice for HVAC companies and contractors looking to expand their businesses.
Keep reading to learn more about our HVAC PPC services. Or, contact us online to speak with an experienced strategist about your company and its goals. Prefer to chat over the phone? Give us a ring at 888-601-5359!
Explore our HVAC PPC services
At WebFX, we offer a range of HVAC PPC services, including:
- Google Local Ads
- Competitor geofencing
- Addressable geofencing
- Programmatic advertising
- Social media advertising
If that seems like a lot of options, don’t worry. Our strategists can help your business determine which ones offer the most value. Since we have decades of experience working with HVAC companies, we can provide data-backed recommendations about which PPC services will deliver the best results.
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX is always quick to respond to a question or request even if they do not have the answer right away. Their expertise on increasing our domain authority over the years has been significant and has had a positive impact on our website. They keep their offerings updated and monthly reporting is always on time.”
Inside our process for HVAC PPC
Before you start using any HVAC PPC service, it’s helpful to know how that agency operates. A preview of the client experience can help you choose the best digital ad agency for your business, as well as give you insight into what PPC services for HVAC companies should include.
At WebFX, our process works like this:
1. Audit your PPC strategy from start to finish
First, your dedicated WebFX account manager starts with these steps:
- Audits your current PPC strategy and account
- Investigates your competitor’s campaigns and strategy
- Researches your target audience and their online behavior
2. Build your PPC strategy with data and research
Next, your account manager begins the process of creating your strategy with the following steps:
- Discusses your goals and aspirations for HVAC PPC
- Collaborates with your team to establish a set of measurable goals and monthly budget
- Develops your ad campaign hierarchy, like your ad groups
- Compiles a list of relevant, high-value keywords to target in your ad campaign
3. Create your PPC campaigns and creatives
Once you approve your strategy, your account manage completes these steps:
- Links your PPC account, like Google Ads, with our Google Analytics account
- Creates the necessary ad campaigns, ad groups, and individual ads
- Develops ad copy and any other creatives with our internal copywriting and design team
- Sets your ad targeting settings and keywords
- Places your ad bids and monthly budget
- Launches your different ad campaigns
4. Monitor your PPC campaign performance
Next, your dedicated account manager takes a proactive approach to monitoring your PPC campaign:
- Looks for trends, like increased clicks from mobile users, and makes necessary changes
- Conducts A/B tests for your ad copy
- Tweaks keyword targeting to maximize your PPC campaign performance
- Manages your keyword bids to increase your return on investment
5. Compile your PPC results into a report
Finally, your dedicated account manager follows these steps to make following your campaign easy:
- Develops a report that shares campaign wins and opportunities
- Analyzes campaign performance and offers recommendations for improvement
- Summarizes campaign returns, including the number of leads and conversions generated
6. Improve your PPC campaign with data-driven recommendations
Following their report, your account managers discover and implement campaign improvements using your campaign data. These improvements can range from shifting an ad budget to a different campaign or targeting a new set of keywords.
The value in these improvements, however, is that they come from your campaign performance and your account manager’s extensive HVAC PPC knowledge. You’re getting data-backed improvements versus changes based on hunches or guesses.
Why choose WebFX for HVAC PPC?
If you’re serious about investing in PPC and growing your company with it, WebFX offers several competitive advantages. Choosing our agency can help your business maximize its growth potential and compete with top competitors.
A few examples of our competitive advantages include:
- Experience: We bring more than 25 years of experience to your campaigns. That experience extends into the HVAC industry too. Over the years, we’ve worked with numerous HVAC companies, helping them build and expand their businesses.
- Technology: We feature advanced artificial intelligence software to track your campaign performance, implement campaign improvements, and share campaign results in real-time. This software makes your life easier and your strategy better.
- Team: We have a team of more than 500 digital marketing specialists. Their knowledge of PPC, as well as other online marketing strategies like search engine optimization (SEO), allow you to build a comprehensive campaign.
- Results: We help our clients grow their businesses. In the past five years, our clients have attracted more than 7.8 million leads, plus more than 5.2 million phone calls, as a result of our online marketing services. They’ve also earned more than $3 billion in revenue.
- Transparency: We provide 100% transparent reporting and prices. You don’t have to wonder about hidden fees or data points. Our team shares everything with you, providing you with the complete picture when it comes to your strategy, results, and services.
When you choose WebFX for HVAC PPC, you’re choosing an agency that businesses trust.
More than 91% of our clients stick with us, for example. We also maintain a client recommendation store that beats the industry average by 488%. When you partner with our agency, you receive a client-focused experience and a results-driven strategy.
What is HVAC PPC?
Pay-per-click, or PPC, is one of the best ways to attract more leads and ultimately increase your revenue.
It’s a type of advertising where you only pay when users click on your ads.
It doesn’t matter how many people see your ads – you only pay for actual clicks.
The most common platform for PPC advertising is Google Ads.
Whenever you see ads included in search results (typically at the top and bottom of the page), those are PPC ads. They usually have a little green “AD” tag next to them to show that they’re paid placements and not organic search results.
And they’re pretty effective because PPC visitors are 50% more likely to buy products or services than organic visitors.
How does PPC for HVAC companies work?
PPC advertising is very straightforward.
To start, you need to determine which keywords you want to focus on. Keywords are the search queries that will trigger your ads. For example, if you target the keyword “best HVAC company in <city>,” then your ads will display whenever someone searches for that phrase.
After you have your list of keywords, you have to create your ads. With AdWords, a typical ad consists of a headline, and link, and two lines of body text. You can make the headline and body text whatever you want, although you should test these to make sure users are receptive to your copy.
The link is the location users end up at when they click on your ad. It should be a relevant section of your website – usually with your contact information, a sign-up form, or something that allows you to get into contact with them.
The price that you end up paying for each click depends on how competitive your chosen keywords are. You “bid” on keywords in a mini-auction against anyone else who is bidding on the same keyword. The more people bidding on a keyword, the more expensive each click will end up being for you.
Why PPC for HVAC companies is a must
PPC advertising is perfect for HVAC businesses for a few reasons:
You can jump to the top of Google
HVAC businesses typically benefit greatly from organic search traffic, because people almost always turn to Google when looking for a recommended service company.
PPC advertising is a way to jump to the top of the search results. Instead of waiting weeks and months for your website to rank organically in Google’s search results, PPC ads automatically appear on the front page, usually above the other organic listings.
This is great because it effectively lets you leapfrog competitors that you would usually have trouble competing with.
For example, maybe there’s a bigger, commercial HVAC outfit that dominates the search results in your area. With PPC, you can compete against them directly for the top spot on a search results page, instead of trying to best a website that might be much larger and better-funded than yours.
One of the best aspects of PPC is that it doesn’t require a huge budget.
Many traditional forms of advertising require upfront payment with no guarantee of results.
PPC operates on the opposite model – you don’t pay until you start seeing results, and then you can increase or decrease your budget as you see fit.
You can also make real-time changes to your PPC campaigns. If one of your ads is losing money but another one is doing fantastically, you can cut off your budget to the under-performing ad immediately.
Scaling a PPC campaign is as easy as pumping more money into it.
After you’ve experimented with different ad setups, ad text, and so on, you’ll eventually settle on a “winner.”
When you finally do find the perfect combination, all you have to do is increase your budget to reach a more people. A successful PPC campaign is as close as you’ll ever get to on-demand traffic.
This is especially great for HVAC businesses because you can stop and start it at your leisure. You can run your PPC campaign until you’re all booked up for the next however many weeks or months, and then pause it until you want additional leads.
When you turn it back on, the traffic will start flowing in again right away.
Start earning more leads with HVAC PPC
PPC is an awesome advertising model for HVAC businesses, but it can be tricky to find a winning setup for you and your business.
If you’re looking for professional help setting up, managing, and scaling your PPC efforts, we’d love to help!
WebFX is a full-service digital marketing agency, and we know PPC. Our expert team of Internet marketers has years of experience managing highly successful PPC campaigns.
We work with HVAC businesses and other service-related companies across the country, and we can help you too!