Internet marketing for law firms is a necessity in today’s fast-paced digital world. Effectively marketing a law firm online requires multiple factor, including a powerful website, well-maintained social media profiles, and effective advertising. High-quality content will pull everything together as you attract curious search engine users to your firm.
Increasingly, clients are finding law firms that they trust through the use of Google or other search engines. To make sure you can compete, you need to compose an effective Internet marketing strategy to start seeing results.
See how we can help you GROW YOUR BUSINESS
1. Build a strong website
Law firms need to construct formidable websites to compete in the legal world, especially because so much of your business comes from local clients. Your website serves as the foundation of your Internet marketing efforts. It’s where you will provide basic information about your services, as well as post high-quality content for your current and potential clients.
Your website should be an accurate reflection of your law firm, its practices, and its values. Your website can also serve other functions as well, like offering free information (though not consultations) online to answer common legal questions that are common in your field or area. This will help build your reputation as a reliable authority on legal issues with increasing potential to lead clients to your door.
2. Effectively utilize SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of using the right words and online strategies to rank in search engine results pages. SEO can work wonders for local law firms, so long as you follow practices like:
- Targeting local keywords. Using local keywords will help you show up for relevant searches made by people in your area, increasing your visibility and the chance you’ll attract clients.
- Categorize your website. Categorizing your website makes it easy for visitors to find the pages that they want. This is essential for legal practices that offer different services so that clients can easily navigate to the legal issue that matters to them.
- Optimizing your pages. Optimizing your individual pages can make them easier for search engines to read, allowing you to compete with other local firms. Optimization includes dozens of different factors, including images, text, video, HTML tags, and more.
3. Embrace social media marketing
Social media is a powerful influencer for word-of-mouth and trust-based advertising. Nearly everyone uses social media, including your new clients, so maintaining an authoritative and professional profile on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms is essential to your business’s image.
The biggest advantage that social media offers is that you can build a relationship with a potential client before they even walk through the door. You can respond to them through direct messaging, comment, tweets, and other possibilities to make sure you’re as accessible as possible to your customer base.
4. Recognize the power of content marketing
Publishing unique, high-quality information is an excellent way to show customers your expertise. It’s essential that you position yourself as an authority if you want people to trust you with their legal issues, and posting authoritative content or stories of experience will help.
Attract more clients to your law firm
I'd like to learn more
with digital marketing
5. Keep your blog current
Your blog can operate as a PR platform where you can discuss any charity or community events that you sponsored or engaged. Customers like to see that businesses maintain an active presence in their area — and it helps with brand recognition, too.
In addition to talking about legal issues or your own practice, you can keep an eye on industry-relevant news to show potential clients that you’re up-to-date. Blogs are also excellent locations for photos, videos, and other multimedia that engage your site visitors and give them a reason to stay on your website.
6. Engage in email marketing
Did you know that email marketing has the highest RIO of all Internet marketing tactics? And with the vast majority of people using email, it’s no surprise. Law firms can tap into this marketing strategy several ways, including:
- Asking users to subscribe on your website.
- Dedicating a webpage that asks for an email address.
- Giving away something free, like a helpful ebook, in exchange for an email address.
Want to speak with an expert? Call us at 888-601-5359
7. Consider a professional Internet marketing service
A professional Internet marketer can help you plan your digital marketing strategy so that you’re set up for success. At WebFX, our experienced and award-winning team of Internet marketers are dedicated to helping clients achieve the best possible results through the use of cutting-edge strategies and methods. Our knowledgeable, hard-working web designers, copywriters, web developers, and other talented individuals will give you the edge you need to rank among your competition.