Capitalism spawns competition and ultimately steers the flow of imports and exports between countries. At any given time, the import or export prices of one country may counter those of another, which impacts all parts of the businesses involved. For example, strategical imports such as domestic grain alternatives like corn substitutes and barley allow China’s feed mills to increase production at cheaper prices.
The demand resulted in a 68% increase of barley imports, which is primarily used in brewing beer. In America, a lot of what we import is a little ironic. For example, even though the U.S.
controls more ocean than any other country, 86 percent of the seafood we consume is imported. A lot of the salmon America exports to China (95,000 tons per year) for processing is actually imported back to America (41,000 tons per year) for consumption. Fascinated by the types of things America imports, we put together an infographic showcasing some of the top imports over the past year, as well as insights to the top imports from different countries
Share this graphic on your site:
As imports change, so do the businesses around us.
Consumer needs change, old materials are repurposed, and new materials and methods are formed to establish more efficient production. Which imports were you most surprised by? Let us know in the comments below!
- How To Go Viral: Genes and Memes
- The 5 Step Process for Infographic Fame and Glory
- What We Learned From a Million Infographic Views
- What’s in Your Pumpkin Latte, and Why Are They So Popular? [Infographic]
- How Many Devices Will You Use in Your Life? [Infographic]
- Data: 9 Things We Learned from Publishing 25 Infographics in a Year
- Why Virtual Reality Matters to Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Why Podcasting Matters to Marketing [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Powering the Internet: Your Virtual Carbon Footprint [Infographic]
Resources by Industry
- Successful Digital Marketing For Auto Manufacturing Companies
- 7 Key Digital Marketing Ideas For Doctors
- Learn 5 Ways to Drive Revenue With Digital Marketing for Excavators
- 3 Most Common Mistakes in Medical Marketing
- Digital Marketing for Financial Insurance
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Methods for Fence Installers
- How to Get Patients: 5+ Ways to Attract More Patients to Your Practice
- Grow Your Practice With Our Medical Marketing Company
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies for Apartment Managers
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.