These Web games teach you how to code will give you a fun and engaging introduction to the world of programming.
CodeCombat is an HTML5 role-playing game (RPG) that teaches you fundamental programming concepts. In CodeCombat, you play a hero adventuring through the game’s levels. The first level is Kithard Dungeon, which covers basic programming concepts.
The game covers a wide range of programming topics — strings, variables, method invocation, vector drawing, and much more.
Code Hunt is a Sci-Fi-themed HTML5 game that teaches coding and was developed by Microsoft Research. In this game, you play as a code hunter tasked with repairing code so that it returns the expected result. There are 14 levels, called Sectors in the Code Hunt nomenclature, for you to complete.
Code Hunt supports either Java or C#. Programming concepts you’ll learn include arithmetic, loops, and conditional expressions. Teachers who would like to extend the game with additional Sectors can do so by first reading the Code Hunt Designer Manual.
CodinGame is a huge suite of challenging games for those who want to learn programming.
For example, you can choose your code editor’s style: “Emacs”, “Vim”, or “Classic” (the default theme). The game can be played on single player mode or multiplayer mode. In multiplayer mode, you can solve CodinGame challenges with other users.
(Screeps = scripting your creeps.) To learn how to play the game, hit up the docs.
For example, you can use the
.rotateCannon() method to rotate your robot’s cannon by a certain number of degrees when a certain event happens. Before building your indestructible, world-dominating robot, the first step you’ll need to take is to read the docs to learn how to code a robot.
10 Puzzle Websites to Sharpen Your Programming Skills 15 Free Books for People Who Code 5 Good Habits That Will Make You a Better Coder
Jacob Gube is the founder of Six Revisions. He’s a front-end developer.
Connect with him on Twitter.
- 15 Free Books for People Who Code
- 7 Excellent Websites for Learning Sass
- The 30 Best Web Design Newsletters To Subscribe To
- How to Learn Angular
- 12 Websites To Help You Learn Flash/ActionScript
- Useful Cheat Sheets for Web Designers
- 40+ Useful Cheat Sheets for Designers
- 20 Excellent Websites for Learning Ajax
- 30 Fresh and Promising Design Blogs to Follow
Resources by Industry
- Web Design for Excavation Companies: Top 5 Tips (With Examples!)
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fence Installers
- 5 Simple and Successful Web Design Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- Tips for Medical Website Designs
- Medical Website Design from an Award Winning Agency
- Top 10 Effective Web Design Tips for Auto Service Centers
- Web Design for Renewable Energy: Tips for a Site That Shines
- Insurance Website Design Services
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fertility Clinics
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.