And implementing effective digital marketing strategies is one of the best ways to expand your reach and grow your practice.
Not convinced that digital marketing can help you drive more revenue for your healthcare organization?
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of 78 healthcare marketing statistics for 2024 to show you just how valuable digital marketing can be for your practice.
So keep reading for your inside scoop on the latest healthcare marketing stats, including:
- Healthcare SEO statistics
- Healthcare paid search statistics
- Healthcare referral statistics
- Healthcare content marketing statistics
- Healthcare social media marketing statistics
You can also browse the most recent medical technology statistics to gain insights into what’s trending in this market.
Healthcare SEO statistics
When someone wants to research their symptoms, find the best treatment for their diagnosis, or locate a clinic near them, they start by looking on a search engine like Google.
Your healthcare organization needs a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to ensure your audience can find your practice online.
Check out more organic search healthcare marketing stats below:
- There are 100 billion searches for healthcare on Google alone each year
- There are 70,000 health-related searches per minute every day
- “Near me” searches for healthcare services have doubled since 2015
- 66% of Internet users look online for information about a specific disease or medical problem
- 56% of Internet users look online for information about a certain medical treatment or procedure
- 44% of Internet users search online for doctors or other health professionals
- 36% of Internet users search online for hospitals or other medical facilities
- 15% is the average close rate of organic search
- 7% of all Google searches are health-related
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
“WebFX has completely transformed my practice. With their support, I have expanded my practice significantly and grown exponentially. I could not have expanded to this degree, nor this quickly had it not been for the incredible efforts provided by WebFX and my team.”
Healthcare paid search statistics
Investing in paid search ads is an excellent way to help your healthcare organization soar to the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) to attract more potential patients ready to convert.
Browse impressive healthcare paid search statistics below:
- Healthcare digital ad spend is expected to surpass $15 billion by 2023
- Businesses earn $8 for every $1 spent on Google Ads
- Healthcare advertisers pay an average cost-per-click (CPC) of $3.17
- Businesses make $2 for every $1 spent on PPC ads
- 80% is how much your brand awareness can increase from PPC ads
- 75% is the average conversion rate of Google Ads
- 75% of users say that paid search ads make it easier to find information
- 52% of PPC clicks come from mobile
- 50% is how much more likely PPC ad clickers are to convert
- 46% of search engine page clicks go to the top three PPC ads
- 32% of companies use PPC ads to sell services directly to consumers
- 3% is the average conversion rate of the Google Search Network for the healthcare industry
- .8% is the average conversion rate of the Google Display Network for the healthcare industry
Healthcare referral statistics
Word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful tool your healthcare organization can utilize to gain new patients and foster patient loyalty.
It helps you get people talking positively about your healthcare organization, improving your reputation, awareness, and ultimately, your conversions and revenue.
Learn more about the benefits of referrals and word-of-mouth marketing with these noteworthy healthcare marketing stats:
- 97% of users read reviews for local businesses
- 92% of people trust recommendations from other people over brands
- 88% of people have a higher level of trust in a business that’s recommended by a family member or friend
- 83% of marketers use word-of-mouth marketing because it increases brand awareness
- 75% of users who follow businesses on social media talk about those companies with friends and families
- 68% of word-of-mouth referral patients say online reviews were their number one reason for doctor selection
- 46% of people will tell friends and family about a negative experience with a company
Healthcare content marketing statistics
Have you heard the phrase “content is king?” That’s because when it comes to successfully gaining new patients, you need a content marketing strategy to showcase the benefits of your treatments and working with your practice.
Learn more about why content marketing is essential by checking out the healthcare content marketing statistics below:
- Businesses that use content marketing see six times more conversions than businesses that don’t
- Companies that have a blog are 13 times more likely to see a positive return on investment (ROI)
- 7 hours is the average amount of time each day people spend consuming content
- 95% of healthcare organizations use or plan to use content marketing
- 72% of marketers say that content marketing increases leads
- 70% of users prefer getting to know businesses through content and not ads
- 67% is how many more leads companies with blogs generate per month
- 60% of users cite content marketing for improving their purchasing decision
- 54% is how many more leads content marketing generates compared to traditional marketing
- 31% of marketers rely on blog posts and articles to build brand awareness
Healthcare social media marketing statistics
To gain new patients for your practice, you need to reach your audience where they spend most of their time.
A social media marketing strategy is one of the best ways to increase your online awareness and promote your healthcare company.
Check out these impressive healthcare social media marketing statistics below to learn more about how this strategy can drive revenue for your practice:
- 90% of users between the ages of 18 and 24 say they trust medical information shared by others on social media networks
- 86% of people use social media once a day
- 72% of people use social media multiple times a day
- 72% of U.S. adults use at least one social media site
- 70% of Americans use social media
- 60% of doctors say social media improves the quality of care delivered to patients
- 41% of consumers use social media to make decisions about which doctors or hospitals to choose
- 40% of users say information found on social media affects the way they deal with their health
- 33% of consumers use social media for healthcare information
- 33% of a user’s total Internet time is spent on social media
- 26% of U.S. hospitals are on social media
Healthcare market size and growth statistics
Running a marketing campaign in the healthcare industry requires you to understand the market you’re working in. There are a variety of different healthcare markets out there, so here are some helpful statistics about the size of those markets and how they’re growing:
- The market size of the global healthcare industry is estimated at $10.30 Trillion as of 2021
- The global healthcare industry is predicted to grow at 8.27% CAGR, reaching $21.06 trillion by 2030
- The US healthcare industry market size is valued at $3.6 trillion
- The US healthcare industry is expected to grow at 10.40% CAGR in the next four years, reaching $85.95 billion by 2027
- The global pharmaceutical industry market size is valued at $1.48 trillion as of 2022
- The medical device market size is a projected $164.10 billion
- The medical device industry is estimated to grow at 4.71% CAGR between 2023 and 2028, reaching $206.60 billion by 2028
- The global healthcare facilities market is valued at 253.61 billion as of 2022
- The global healthcare services industry is valued at $10.30 trillion as of 2021
- The US healthcare services industry is valued at $3.22 trillion as of 2021
- The global medical equipment market size is an estimated $695.05 billion
- The global medical healthcare insurance market is $2.17 trillion as of 2022 and is estimated to grow at 7.3% CAGR between 2023 and 2032
- The US medical healthcare insurance industry market is valued at $1.3 trillion as of 2022
- The US medical instrument and supply manufacturing industry market size is $98.7 billion
- The market size of the global biotech industry was $467.5 billion in 2022 and is estimated to reach $3,210.71 billion by 2030
- The generic prescription drug market is valued at over $3 million
- The global medicine spending was estimated at $1.48 trillion
- In 2022, the global clinical diagnostic market was valued at an estimated $74.03 Billion and is projected to grow at 6.1% CAGR by 2028
- According to the World Health Organization, global healthcare expenditure was approximately $9 trillion in 2020
- In 2023, the mental healthcare industry market is predicted to reach 36.73 billion
- The telemedicine market size was $84.3 billion in 2022
- In 2021, the US healthcare expenditure was $4.3 trillion
- In 2022, 14.7 million people were employed in the US healthcare industry
- Over 7 million healthcare workers are employed in hospitals in the US
- The global generative AI in healthcare market is predicted to grow at a 36.7% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2023 and 2030
- Telemedicine is growing fast and is predicted to reach $523.1 Billion by 2030
- The preventive healthcare technologies and services market is projected to increase at 12.64% (CAGR) between 2023 and 2028
- The global Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) market is estimated to reach $187.60 billion in 2028
WebFX helps clients in the healthcare industry grow their practices.
“My practice has grown quickly and improved our accessibility to those we serve or hope to serve within our community. WebFX is directly responsible for our growth and the fact that we have more than doubled our revenue in six months.”
— Merrimack Valley Psychological Associates
Inspired by these mind-blowing healthcare marketing statistics of 2024?
Ready to get started with your revenue-driving digital marketing strategy after viewing those impressive healthcare marketing stats? That’s where WebFX can help.
WebFX is an award-winning healthcare marketing agency with over 25 years of experience implementing effective digital marketing strategies that help healthcare companies like yours earn a higher ROI.
In fact, in the past few years alone, we’ve helped clients drive more than $6 billion in revenue. And we can help your practice drive more revenue too.
- 15 Healthcare Industry, Marketing, & Tech Trends for 2024
- 5 Captivating Healthcare Marketing Examples
- Best Healthcare CRM Software to Gain More Patients
- Drive Revenue with a Healthcare Digital Marketing Agency
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Medical Blog
- How to Plan Your Healthcare Marketing Budget in 5 Easy Steps
- Marketing Automation for Healthcare
- Treat More Patients with Healthcare Marketing Services
- Healthcare Website Designs/healthcare Website Design Examples
- Top Healthcare Marketing Agencies