And implementing effective digital marketing strategies is one of the best ways to expand your reach and grow your practice.
Not convinced that digital marketing can help you drive more revenue for your healthcare organization?
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of 50 healthcare marketing statistics for 2022 to show you just how valuable digital marketing can be for your practice.
So keep reading for your inside scoop on the latest healthcare marketing stats, including:
- Healthcare SEO statistics
- Healthcare paid search statistics
- Healthcare referral statistics
- Healthcare content marketing statistics
- Healthcare social media marketing statistics
For digital marketing advice on the regular, subscribe to the email that more than 200,000 other marketers trust:
Revenue Weekly.Sign Up Today
Healthcare SEO statistics
When someone wants to research their symptoms, find the best treatment for their diagnosis, or locate a clinic near them, they start by looking on a search engine like Google.
Your healthcare organization needs a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy to ensure your audience can find your practice online.
Check out more organic search healthcare marketing stats below:
- There are 100 billion searches for healthcare on Google alone each year
- There are 70,000 health-related searches per minute every day
- “Near me” searches for healthcare services have doubled since 2015
- 66% of Internet users look online for information about a specific disease or medical problem
- 56% of Internet users look online for information about a certain medical treatment or procedure
- 44% of Internet users search online for doctors or other health professionals
- 36% of Internet users search online for hospitals or other medical facilities
- 15% is the average close rate of organic search
- 7% of all Google searches are health-related
Hear What It’s Like to Work With WebFX!
WebFX has completely transformed my practice. With their support, I have expanded my practice significantly and grown exponentially. I could not have expanded to this degree, nor this quickly had it not been for the incredible efforts provided by WebFX and my team.
Healthcare paid search statistics
Investing in paid search ads is an excellent way to help your healthcare organization soar to the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs) to attract more potential patients ready to convert.
Browse impressive healthcare paid search statistics below:
- Healthcare digital ad spend is expected to surpass $15 billion by 2023
- Businesses earn $8 for every $1 spent on Google Ads
- Healthcare advertisers pay an average cost-per-click (CPC) of $3.17
- Businesses make $2 for every $1 spent on PPC ads
- 80% is how much your brand awareness can increase from PPC ads
- 75% is the average conversion rate of Google Ads
- 75% of users say that paid search ads make it easier to find information
- 52% of PPC clicks come from mobile
- 50% is how much more likely PPC ad clickers are to convert
- 46% of search engine page clicks go to the top three PPC ads
- 32% of companies use PPC ads to sell services directly to consumers
- 3% is the average conversion rate of the Google Search Network for the healthcare industry
- .8% is the average conversion rate of the Google Display Network for the healthcare industry
Healthcare referral statistics
Word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful tool your healthcare organization can utilize to gain new patients and foster patient loyalty.
It helps you get people talking positively about your healthcare organization, improving your reputation, awareness, and ultimately, your conversions and revenue.
Learn more about the benefits of referrals and word-of-mouth marketing with these noteworthy healthcare marketing stats:
- 97% of users read reviews for local businesses
- 92% of people trust recommendations from other people over brands
- 88% of people have a higher level of trust in a business that’s recommended by a family member or friend
- 83% of marketers use word-of-mouth marketing because it increases brand awareness
- 75% of users who follow businesses on social media talk about those companies with friends and families
- 68% of word-of-mouth referral patients say online reviews were their number one reason for doctor selection
- 46% of people will tell friends and family about a negative experience with a company
Healthcare content marketing statistics
Have you heard the phrase “content is king?” That’s because when it comes to successfully gaining new patients, you need a content marketing strategy to showcase the benefits of your treatments and working with your practice.
Learn more about why content marketing is essential by checking out the healthcare content marketing statistics below:
- Businesses that use content marketing see six times more conversions than businesses that don’t
- Companies that have a blog are 13 times more likely to see a positive return on investment (ROI)
- 7 hours is the average amount of time each day people spend consuming content
- 95% of healthcare organizations use or plan to use content marketing
- 72% of marketers say that content marketing increases leads
- 70% of users prefer getting to know businesses through content and not ads
- 67% is how many more leads companies with blogs generate per month
- 60% of users cite content marketing for improving their purchasing decision
- 54% is how many more leads content marketing generates compared to traditional marketing
- 31% of marketers rely on blog posts and articles to build brand awareness
Healthcare social media marketing statistics
To gain new patients for your practice, you need to reach your audience where they spend most of their time.
A social media marketing strategy is one of the best ways to increase your online awareness and promote your healthcare company.
Check out these impressive healthcare social media marketing statistics below to learn more about how this strategy can drive revenue for your practice:
- 90% of users between the ages of 18 and 24 say they trust medical information shared by others on social media networks
- 86% of people use social media once a day
- 72% of people use social media multiple times a day
- 72% of U.S. adults use at least one social media site
- 70% of Americans use social media
- 60% of doctors say social media improves the quality of care delivered to patients
- 41% of consumers use social media to make decisions about which doctors or hospitals to choose
- 40% of users say information found on social media affects the way they deal with their health
- 33% of consumers use social media for healthcare information
- 33% of a user’s total Internet time is spent on social media
- 26% of U.S. hospitals are on social media
WebFX helps clients in the healthcare industry grow their practices.
“My practice has grown quickly and improved our accessibility to those we serve or hope to serve within our community. WebFX is directly responsible for our growth and the fact that we have more than doubled our revenue in six months.”
— Merrimack Valley Psychological Associates
Inspired by these mind-blowing healthcare marketing statistics of ?
Ready to get started with your revenue-driving digital marketing strategy after viewing those impressive healthcare marketing stats? That’s where WebFX can help.
WebFX is an award-winning healthcare marketing agency with over 25 years of experience implementing effective digital marketing strategies that help healthcare companies like yours earn a higher ROI.
In fact, in the past few years alone, we’ve helped clients drive more than $3 billion in revenue. And we can help your practice drive more revenue too.
- CRM for Healthcare
- Healthcare Digital Marketing Agency
- Healthcare Inbound Marketing Tips
- Healthcare Marketing Agency
- Healthcare Marketing Budget
- Healthcare Marketing Services
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Medical Blog
- Lead Generation for Healthcare
- Local SEO for Healthcare
- Marketing Automation for Healthcare
- PPC for Healthcare
- SEO for Hospitals Healthcare
- Social Media for Healthcare Centers
- Web Design for Hospitals
- healthcare marketing examples