Quick – what’s the one thing you can do tomorrow, in about 2 hours, that can double your website revenue? START TESTING YOUR WEBSITE. When you designed your site you guessed what would work.
You picked out colors, copy and navigation that looked nice. But there was never any guarantee that combination would produce the most business.
- Maybe Headline 1 outperforms Headline 3, but only when Picture 2 shows in place of Picture 4?
- Maybe the copy that got a 25% conversion rate in July only converts 10% of visitors in September?
- Maybe your customers respond better to a two-step conversion funnel, instead of just one contact page?
With real-time website testing, you can send one group of visitors to the original page while sending the rest to the new variation, then see which converts better. Choose the better performing one, log your observations, then start building another variation! This is the #1 most cost-effective and quickest way to impact your bottom line.
Every company with a website needs to test. Take a half hour and listen to this podcast: http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/Always_Be_Testing_Avinash.mp3 In this podcast, Bryan Eisenberg, a renowned conversion optimization expert, interviews analytics evangelist at Google, Avinash Kaushik. By listening to this podcast, you’ll get a nice overview of testing and want to start RIGHT NOW.
Getting it Done
Some organizations have a hard time promoting a “testing culture”. Here are a few tips to make testing easier for you: Commit 100% – Convince everyone above and below you that testing is a priority. When everyone understands the value of testing and buys in, your job is a lot easier. Always move forward – There is no “good enough” until your conversion rate is 100%.
Keep on going! Track everything – Keep a running log of your qualitative and quantitative data. Use it to continue making even smarter decisions with each successive iteration.
If your visitors hate blue, remember not to use blue. No spaghetti throwing – Make educated, informed decisions on what to test. Don’t just throw something at the wall hoping it sticks.
Show results – When you get a big win, let everyone know! Need help getting started in the right direction? No problem, we offer a one-time conversion analysis.
That’s all for now, have a Happy Easter, Passover, etc. everyone!
- The Value of the Anonymous Stranger
- A History of App Stores: Apple, Google, and Everyone else [Infographic]
- SPAM: More Than an Annoyance? [Infographic]
- WebFX Weekly: Our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2011
- Digital Piracy vs. the Music Industry [Infographic]
- The Ultimate Guide to Content Marketing
- Internet Usage Worldwide [Infographic]
- Five Tips to Market Yourself Effectively for a Job Application
- 10 Lessons from Editing the Raven Tools Blog
How We Drive Revenue for Businesses
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- Successful Digital Marketing for Auto Manufacturing Companies
- 7 Key Digital Marketing Ideas for Doctors
- Learn 5 Ways to Drive Revenue with Digital Marketing for Excavators
- 3 Most Common Mistakes in Medical Marketing
- Digital Marketing for Financial Insurance
- Top 3 Digital Marketing Methods for Fence Installers
- How to Get Patients: 5+ Ways to Attract More Patients to Your Practice
- Grow Your Practice with Our Medical Marketing Company
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies for Apartment Managers
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.