There are many reasons to add video to your company’s marketing plan. Whether it be the likelihood that you end up higher in Google results or the high possibility of increased conversion rates, online video has impressive effects on the returns of your online marketing initiatives. But if you aren’t totally convinced yet, take a look at these 97 impactful video marketing stats.
When your business uses videos in your marketing campaigns…
- Your customers are nearly 10 times more likely to interact with a video than a block of text.
- You are 53 times more likely to end up on the first page of Google results if you utilize a video on your website.
- When you include a video on your landing page, it can increase your conversion rates by up to 80%.
- If you include the word “video” in an email’s subject line, there is a 26% decrease in the unsubscribe rate.
- When marketers use a video in their email campaign, click-through rates increase 2-3 times.
- When you combine a video with a full-page ad on your site, you boost visitor engagement with your brand and product by 22%.
- When consumers watch a video, 92% share that video with others.
- Brand association increases 139% after watching a video.
- Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
- Relevant video ads get 3X the attention compared to the average video ad.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- Promotional videos for a product or service, brand storytelling videos, and product demos are the most common video types used by marketers.
- 39% of marketers produce videos in-house.
Customer and Internet user behavior
- 65% of viewers watch more than half of a video on your website.
- 49% of customers respond negatively to videos that act as advertisements.
- Videos help viewers better understand your products, and 90% of customers say that videos help them to decide whether to purchase a product.
- 75% of users check a company’s website after they have viewed a video about their services.
- 12% of the customers that reach a company’s website actually buy the product that was shown in the ad.
- 80% of Internet users can remember a video ad that they’d seen in the last 30 days.
- Only 20% of visitors will read the text in its entirety, while 80% of visitors will watch a video.
- When asked if online shoppers trust video ads, 36% said yes.
- If the video stops to load, 4 out of 5 users will navigate away from the page.
- 62% of consumers will have a negative image of a brand if the video they publish is bad quality.
- Watch time has grown by double digits across content that connects users to their personal interests.
- Tech shoppers who use online video to inform their decision-making spend 21% more on tech devices than shoppers who don’t use online video.
- Consumers who end up on an e-commerce site through a user-generated video are 184% more likely to purchase, and spend 45% more.
- Consumers are 23% more likely to remember the brand behind an ad if it appears within the first 3 seconds of the video ad.
- 79% of people say a video ad has convinced them to buy a product or software.
- Video viewers said relating to their passions is 3X more important than content featuring famous actors.
General video marketing statistics
- Adults in the United States spend an average of 3.5 hours per day watching videos.
- Video ads make up 35% of online advertising budgets.
- When marketing with a video, just one minute is the equivalent of 8 million words.
- 93% of marketers who use video say that it’s an important part of their marketing strategy.
- Watch time for videos has increased over 270% in the last 12 months.
- Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
- 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last three years.
- Men spend 40% more time consuming online video content as compared to women.
- Videos that are lesser than 90 seconds long have a 50% retention rate.
- Only the top 5% of videos retain 77% of viewers on average, util the last second.
- 35% of businesses are using intermediate or advanced analytics to track the performance of their videos.
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
Video usage for marketing in the future
- 22% of small businesses in the United States say that they will post a video online within the next year.
- 68% of marketers plan to increase their budgets for digital content within the next year.
- It is estimated that by the end of this year, +2 million videos will be watched per second.
- US television advertising revenue is set to reach $75 billion by 2025.
- 62% of marketers plan to spend about $2,500 on their next video production.
- 100 minutes per day is the estimated watch time for online videos by the end of this year.
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017.
- 96% of video marketers plan to maintain or increase their spends on video in 2022.
- 69% of marketers who haven’t used video as a part of their content strategy plan to incorporate it in 2022.
- It is projected that from 2017 to 2024, digital video ad expenditure is expected to increase 41.9%.
Social media video marketing statistics
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others.
- 87% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media.
- 45% of consumers want to see more live videos from brands on their social media.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and image content combined.
- 93% of marketers say they’ve landed a new customer thanks to a video on social media.
- Video posts on LinkedIn are shared 20 times more than other content formats.
- 80% of videos on LinkedIn are viewed with the sound off – which is why 70% of videos are designed for silent viewing (with texts or captions) are more likely to be watched till completion.
- Just under two-thirds (63 percent) of marketers say they will be using video on LinkedIn.
- Facebook accounts with over 100,000 followers post 71% of all video content on the platform.
- Facebook video ad conversion rates are highest for videos 16-20 seconds in duration.
- 47% of the total campaign value of a Facebook video ad is created in under three seconds.
- 75% of businesses on Facebook use video ads.
- Twitter gets 2 billion views on video each day.
- Promoted tweets with videos save more than 50% on cost-per-engagement.
- Tweets with videos get 10x more engagement as compared to tweets without video.
- Video Website Cards on Twitter videos give a 2x higher clickthrough-rate as compared to standard video ads and boosts user retention by more than 60%.
- 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
- Instagram has seen an 80% increase in users spending time watching video on the platform since June 2017.
- Video posts on Instagram receive twice as much engagement as compared to other types of posts.
- Instagram video ads receive 3x more engagement than image ads, by means of comments.
- 77% of marketers have posted a video on IGTV.
YouTube video marketing statistics
- How-To videos earn the most attention on YouTube.
- One of the main reasons people use YouTube is for How-To videos.
- YouTube’s users are three times more likely to prefer watching a YouTube tutorial video than reading the instructions.
- 80% of shoppers that watched a YouTube video related to a planned purchase, did so at the start of the shopping process.
- 70% of shoppers have said they are open to learning about products on YouTube from brands.
- 70% of YouTube users watch videos on YouTube when they need help making purchase decisions.
- 40% of global shoppers purchased products they discovered on YouTube.
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
- YouTube reports that people consume mobile video at a rate of 100% more than the previous year.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world—even more of a reason to put video marketing into play for your business!
- 100% more conversions were tracked globally on YouTube in the past 12 months than the previous 12 months.
- Watch time of YouTube content on TV screens doubled YOY.
- 440M+ minutes of watch time captured by the top 20 Super Bowl ads on YouTube.
- 70% of YouTube viewers have made a purchase from a brand as a result of seeing it on YouTube.
- 50.9% of B2B decision-makers use YouTube to research purchases.
- 62% of businesses use YouTube as a channel for posting video.
- Only 9% of all small businesses in the US use YouTube.
- 7 in 10 people feel empowered, motivated, or confident after learning something new from a YouTube video.
Bonus video marketing statistics
Check out these bonus video marketing statistics:
- Video can improve conversions by 86%.
- Users spend 88% more time on pages with videos.
- 15% of Internet users watch 7-10 hours of videos each week.
- 80% of people say they typically switch between online search and video when researching products to buy.
- 55% of shoppers say that they used online videos while actually shopping in a store.
- 50% of all consumers use videos to help them make shopping decisions.
Sam has been writing for WebFX since 2016 and focuses on UX, crafting amazing website experiences, and digital marketing In her free time, she likes to spend time on the beach, play with her cats, and go fishing with her husband.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more