This example takes semantic ordered or unordered list of links and turns it into a dynamic drop down menu system that can be vertically or horizontally oriented. View Demo Page
2. Animated Menu using jQuery
A technique for animating menu items when a user hovers over them. Source files, including the PSD file, are available to download. View Demo Page
3. Garagedoor Effect using jQuery
4. JGlide Menu
A very unique menu that floats on the page. Users can drag it to a position they desire. View Demo Page
5. Vertical Sliding jQuery Menu
HVDesigns presents a menu that drops down and reveals more links. View Demo Page
6. Perspective Tabs
You can have scrolling tabs with animation using this technique. View Demo Page
7. Vertical Digg-like Menu
When you hover an item, you’ll see the CSS sliding door technique created using jQuery. An alternate version for MooTols can be here.
9. Fisheye Menu
If you’re a big fan of the Mac dock you will enjoy this menu.
A great technique for integrating accordion-style menus into your site. View Demo Page
This sliding hover effect script is an easy technique for highlighting menu items.
12. Fading Menu – Replacing Content
This technique allows you to fade in and fade out menu items. View Demo Page
13. Simple Multi-level Drop-Down Menu
14. Using jQuery for Background Image Animations
A technique for creating animated menus using jQuery and CSS background-position properties. View Demo Page
15. Mootools Redux
A menu using MooTools that expands the link’s font size when you mouse over the item. View Demo Page
16. HoverAccordion/Sidebar Menu
This is an accordion plugin which can be used as a vertical sidebar menu too.
17. UvumiTools Dropdown Menu
18. jQuery UI Tabs
Easily separate content using this tab example.
19. Proto.Menu: Right Click Menu
A customizable right-click menu written on top of the Prototype framework.
20. Accessible Expanding and Collapsing menu
This menu example allows you to have two levels of navigation. When you click on main category, the subcategory expands. View Demo Page
What are you using?
We’d like to know if you have experience with any of these techniques and examples.
Have a live web page? Share it with us in the comments.
- 40 Exceptional jQuery Interface Techniques and Tutorials
- Related categories: User Interface
About the Author
Kawsar Ali is a web designer, graphic designer, and wannabe photographer based in NY, U.S. He’s also the founder of Desizntech, a site to find tips about web design, Mac, PC and more. If you’d like to connect with him, you can follow him on Twitter or at his Personal Website.
Resources by Industry
- Web Design for Excavation Companies: Top 5 Tips (With Examples!)
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fence Installers
- 5 Simple and Successful Web Design Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- Tips for Medical Website Designs
- Medical Website Design from an Award Winning Agency
- Top 10 Effective Web Design Tips for Auto Service Centers
- Web Design for Renewable Energy: Tips for a Site That Shines
- Insurance Website Design Services
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fertility Clinics
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.