Even if you are really familiar with Photoshop, you’ll always find ways to master and evolve your skills further. I’ve compiled a ton of Photoshop articles that will give you different tips on how to use and improve your Photoshop skills, as well as teach you some new Photoshop tricks that you may not know. In this article, you’ll find several simple but effective advanced Photoshop techniques on topics such as how to choose the best image format for web or how to create croplet for repeatedly image editing process.
You can never stop improving your web and graphic design skills, you can always find something new and handy as you’ll see in the following collection.
1. 10 Steps to Improving Your Photoshop Skills
Ten useful tips that will improve your Photoshop skills such as subscribing to galleries and forums and reading magazines.
2. 9 Essential Principles for Good Web Design
Web design can be deceptively difficult as it involves achieving a design that is both usable and pleasing, delivers information and builds brand, and is technically sound and visually coherent.
3. 6 Photoshop Tips and Tricks That You Probably Don’t Know About
Here are 6 Adobe Photoshop tips and tricks that you probably don’t know about (I bet you don’t know at least one).
4. Hodgepodge of Photoshop Tricks
Chris Coyier offers very useful Photoshop tricks in this 36-minute long screencast.
5. Photoshop Tips & Tricks – Variety Pack Volume 1
Here is a collection of useful tips and tricks to improve your Photoshop skills.
6. How to choose the right image format? Learn how to choose the right image file format (BMP, GIF, JPG and PNG) for different cases on the web. Editor’s Note: The above tutorial above is no longer available.
7. Removing Image Backgrounds in Photoshop: Magic Extractor Tool
8. 15 Tutorials for Recreating Authentic Photo Effects
9. Enhancing Photos with High Pass Filter
Tutorial using the Shadows/Highlight adjustments showing how you can easily simulate a sort of HDR style.
10. The hidden power of Photoshop brush tool
Adobe Photoshop Brush tool is very powerful and this tutorial explains several useful features in it. To learn all features, you can simply open the Brush palette (Window menu – Brushes), change each setting and try the result when you draw a stroke.
11. Photoshop CS4: Droplets
In video tutoria, you’ll learn how to create a Droplet in Photoshop and how it can help improve your workflow!
12. Photoshop: Smart Filters
Learn how to use smart filters in this advanced video tutorial.
13. “Background Eraser Tool” is the new Magic Wand
This tutorial explains how to use a very little known Photoshop tool call “Background Eraser Tool”. It’s a super useful tool for removing background colors while preserving the main picture that you want. It’s pretty simple, so you can start using it immediately after the tutorial.
14. 10 Photoshop Techniques You Can’t Work Without
Learn 10 advanced techniques you may not know about.
15. Guide to Halftone Pattern
This tutorial will go through the different steps and settings to achieve a halftone pattern.
16. Clone out distracting backgrounds in Photoshop (and Elements)
17. How to Use Fit Image in Photoshop – Video Tutorial
18. Top 10 Killer Photoshop Combo Moves
Master these killer Photoshop keyboard combos and you’ll find yourself with more time for the important things. These combos assume you’re using Photoshop CS3 on Windows platform with default keyboard shortcuts.
19. 5 Techniques for Enhancing Contrast in Digital Photos
20. How To Make Digital Photos Look Like Lomo Photography
21. Warning: These 9 Photoshop Techniques May Result In Great Photos
Post-Processing (or photo editing) is what makes a good photo great. Cameras produce a good starting point, but post-processing is where the magic happens. Try out some of these creative post-processing tricks to boost your artistic style.
- 40 Useful Photoshop Web Layout Tutorials
- 35 Basic Tutorials to Get You Started with Photoshop
- 25 Photoshop Tutorials for Web Designers
About the author
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.