William CraigCEO & Co-Founder
- July 15, 2021
- 7 minute read
- President of WebFX. Bill has over 25 years of experience in the Internet marketing industry specializing in SEO, UX, information architecture, marketing automation and more. William’s background in scientific computing and education from Shippensburg and MIT provided the foundation for MarketingCloudFX and other key research and development projects at WebFX.
Even if you are really familiar with Photoshop, you’ll always find ways to master and evolve your skills further. I’ve compiled a ton of Photoshop articles that will give you different tips on how to use and improve your Photoshop skills, as well as teach you some new Photoshop tricks that you may not know. In this article, you’ll find several simple but effective advanced Photoshop techniques on topics such as how to choose the best image format for web or how to create croplet for repeatedly image editing process.
You can never stop improving your web and graphic design skills, you can always find something new and handy as you’ll see in the following collection.
2. 9 Essential Principles for Good Web Design
Web design can be deceptively difficult as it involves achieving a design that is both usable and pleasing, delivers information and builds brand, and is technically sound and visually coherent.
6. How to choose the right image format? Learn how to choose the right image file format (BMP, GIF, JPG and PNG) for different cases on the web. Editor’s Note: The above tutorial above is no longer available.
Adobe Photoshop Brush tool is very powerful and this tutorial explains several useful features in it. To learn all features, you can simply open the Brush palette (Window menu – Brushes), change each setting and try the result when you draw a stroke.
This tutorial explains how to use a very little known Photoshop tool call “Background Eraser Tool”. It’s a super useful tool for removing background colors while preserving the main picture that you want. It’s pretty simple, so you can start using it immediately after the tutorial.
14. 10 Photoshop Techniques You Can’t Work Without
Learn 10 advanced techniques you may not know about.
This tutorial will go through the different steps and settings to achieve a halftone pattern.
Master these killer Photoshop keyboard combos and you’ll find yourself with more time for the important things. These combos assume you’re using Photoshop CS3 on Windows platform with default keyboard shortcuts.
Post-Processing (or photo editing) is what makes a good photo great. Cameras produce a good starting point, but post-processing is where the magic happens. Try out some of these creative post-processing tricks to boost your artistic style.
- 40 Useful Photoshop Web Layout Tutorials
- 35 Basic Tutorials to Get You Started with Photoshop
- 25 Photoshop Tutorials for Web Designers
About the author
Dainis Graveris is a young designer based in Latvia. He runs 1stwebdesigner, a design blog focused on web design, graphic design, tutorials, and inspirational articles dedicated to bloggers, freelancers, web-developers and designers. You can follow him on Twitter.
President of WebFX. Bill has over 25 years of experience in the Internet marketing industry specializing in SEO, UX, information architecture, marketing automation and more. William’s background in scientific computing and education from Shippensburg and MIT provided the foundation for MarketingCloudFX and other key research and development projects at WebFX.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more