Let’s say… Your business, Quality Firearm Cases, has a problem. Demand for your product has plummeted and revenues are falling fast.
You’re leaning on an unlikely side product to stay afloat: plastic tubes for telescopes. Turns out gun cases and telescopes are made from the same materials. You need a way to jumpstart your telescope business.
Most of your gun cases are sold through your website, but getting viable leads for telescopes would be virtually impossible at qualityfirearmcases.com.
So what should you do?
My advice: Build a whole new site for your telescope goods. The internet isn’t like real life. In real life you have one store with one sign, and therefore usually have only one thing to sell.
People tend to think of the internet as an extension of the real world: “I have a physical business, and I need a website that reflects what my business is.”
But online it’s different. You can build a virtual store around every single one of your core competencies. It doesn’t make sense to try to sell telescope tubes to people looking for firearm cases (or even to have the two groups of customers come to the same site), but both of your products deserve an equal shot at being sold.
If your business handles two completely different services, the best way to give each a chance at thriving is to build sites around each service.
A potential client will be confused with a site that tries to sell him gun cases and telescopes at the same time, but be delighted with one completely devoted to what he’s looking for.
- How to Use SEO to Promote Your Business Internationally
- 10 Advanced SEO Techniques You Can Use on Your Website Today
- Ultimate Meta Tags Guide: How to Use Meta Tags for Your SEO
- SEO Testing Guide: How to Run SEO Tests (And 7 Ideas to Get You Started)
- SEO Experiments 2023: 3 Tests You Can Try to Boost Your Rankings
- How to Improve SEO With Structured Data in 7 Steps
- How to Use Schema Markup for Your SEO Strategy
- Meta Tag Checker: The Free Tool for Improving Your SEO Meta Tags
- Robots Meta Directives: Your Pocket Guide to Meta Robots Tag SEO [+FAQ]
Resources by Industry
- Long Tail SEO Keywords for Medical Practices
- 5 Must-Read SEO Tips for Auto Manufacturing Companies
- 5 Revenue-Driving SEO Strategies for Excavation Companies
- Medical SEO: 3+ Reasons to Invest in SEO for Medical Practices
- Top-of-the-Line SEO Services for Health Insurance Companies
- SEO for Fence Installers
- Successful SEO Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- SEO for Doctors from WebFX
- 6 Effective SEO Tips for Forklift Dealers
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Work With Us
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.