Our lives are on display, and we only have ourselves to blame…and Facebook. Just like any typical love affair, our relationship with Facebook went through the honeymoon period, but has since grown stale. Now, Facebook has taken on the role of a needy lover, always asking how we’re feeling, what we like, who we’re with, and why we don’t share as much with them anymore.
But what’s worse, is that Facebook’s been sharing this information with the public.
WebFX Our lives are on display, and we only have ourselves to blame…and Facebook. Just like any typical love affair, our relationship with Facebook went through the honeymoon period, but has since grown stale.
Now, Facebook has taken on the role of a needy lover, always asking how we’re feeling, what we like, who we’re with, and why we don’t share as much with them anymore. But what’s worse, is that Facebook’s been sharing this information with the public. But stop me if you’ve heard this before, Facebook is changing it’s privacy policies.
This lack of respect to their community has caused 61% of users to distrust Facebook.
Would you quit over Privacy Concerns? Guide to Quitting Facebook: If you’re looking for a way out you can quit Facebook entirely by going to: http://www.facebook.com/help/delete_account Click “Delete Account” and you’ll be asked to enter your password. You can then download a copy of all your photos, posts, and messages before leaving from the Account Settings Page.
And you’ll have 14 days to change your mind before your account is permanently deleted. If you’re not entirely ready to break up with Facebook, you can temporarily deactivate your account. You’ll be able to return at any time, with all things intact.
The act will merely disable your profile, making it impossible for others to reference.
Regardless, we hope you share this infographic with your friends…on Facebook!
- Tips for Facebook Page Set Up Success: Ensuring a Lockout Scenario Doesn’t Happen to You
- How Instagram Beats Facebook’s Organic Reach Cap
- Facebook Changes: Instagram Insights & Boosting Removed, Posts Now “Served” (Updated)
- How to Promote Your Facebook Posts
- How B2B Companies Can Use Facebook for Marketing
- Facebook Cheat Sheet of Keyboard Shortcuts
- History of Facebook Acquisitions [Infographic]
- How to Get Likes on Your Company’s New Facebook Page
- 5 Marketing Impacts of Facebook’s Newsfeed Update (#Friendmageddon)
Marketing Tips for Niche Industries
- How to Advertise Your Nonprofit on Facebook
- 5 Revenue-Driving Social Media Tips for Excavation Companies
- 6 Social Media Tips for Fence Installers
- Social Media for Doctors: 3+ Tips for Using Social Media
- 4 Social Media Strategies for Nonprofits
- Social Media for Apartments: 8 Social Media Tips
- Social Media for Renewable Energy Companies: 5+ Ideas to Try
- Social Media for Speech Therapists: 8 Optimization Tips
- Social Media for Insurance Agents: How to Get Started
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.