When trying to attract commercial electrical leads, you need to remember that your goal is to appeal to a group of people or decision-makers who represent an entire organization or company. This means you need to shift your lead generation efforts slightly to accommodate them.
WebFX offers lead generation services for companies in over 200+ industries. Whether you’re a B2C or B2B company, we’ve got a team of dedicated digital marketing strategists on deck to help you develop a successful lead generation strategy.
To get started, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist. Or, read on to learn more about how to get electrical leads with three proven lead generation strategies.
37% of marketers say that generating high-quality leads was one of their biggest challenges.
We want to decrease that percentage.
WebFX can help you generate high-quality leads with a customized marketing strategy.Learn More About Lead Generation Services
3 ways to generate commercial electrical leads
There are plenty of ways to begin generating commercial electrical leads, but to help you get started, we’ve narrowed it down to three major strategies. Learn more about how to get electrical leads with these B2B lead generation tips.
1. Paid advertising
Paid advertising, sometimes called online paid advertising, refers to the purchasing of ad spots to attract online attention from prospective customers. Paid ads are almost always pay-per-click (PPC) ads, meaning advertisers pay for the ad spot every time a user clicks on the ad.
Take a look at some of the most common paid ad formats and how they can help you earn commercial electrician leads for your business.
Paid search ads
Paid search ads are some of the most common PPC ads you’ll see — it’s a testament to how successful they are. Paid search ads appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) before organically ranked search results, distinctly marked as an “Ad.”
They’re great for boosting online visibility because they’re some of the first results you see in the SERPs. 45% of page clicks are generated by ads that appear in search results, so they’re a great way to start funneling leads toward your site.
Social media ads
Paid social media ads appear in users’ feeds on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. This paid advertising method is a popular way of connecting with social media users and exposing your business to a larger audience.
With over 5 billion people active on social media, there’s no doubt you’ll put your business on the radar of some new high-quality leads.
Google Local Services Ads
Google Local Services Ads appear at the top of the SERPs. They’re a great paid advertising option for those looking to market themselves to users who are searching for your electrician services. With prime advertising placement, Google Local Services Ads are a perfect way to increase online and search engine visibility.
Traffic attracted through PPC advertising yields 50% more conversions than organic advertising.
Are you leveraging PPC in your marketing efforts? Let’s get started.View the Guide
Search engine optimization (SEO) is another great way to get your business in a high-visibility spot in the SERPs — without spending money!
SEO is the process of optimizing certain elements on your website and integrating specific keywords into your site’s written content so Google ranks your site higher in the SERPs when a user searches a related keyword.
The better optimized your website is, the higher it will rank in the SERPs.
Ultimately, the goal of SEO is to get your website to rank on the first page of search result lists because that’s where you’ll find the most success. Roughly 95% of search traffic goes to the first page of search results. This is because users see the first page of results as high-quality, reliable results.
What elements can I optimize for SEO?
The hundreds of algorithms that help Google decide where a website should be ranked on a SERP take into account numerous website characteristics and elements. When optimizing your site for SEO, consider revamping these site elements:
- Keywords: Integrate relevant keywords into your website’s written content. When researching keywords, think about what words your audience will use to search for your services. If you’re still stuck, try WebFX’s free tool, KeywordsFX!
- Written content: Your written content fleshes out all the information you provide on your website. Whether it’s service descriptions or simple page headings, Google is going to rely on your written content to help rank your page.
- Meta descriptions: Your meta descriptions should clearly state to users (and Google) what your page is about. Get straight to the point and don’t be afraid to throw in a relevant keyword or two to try and boost your page’s SEO ranking.
- Title and header tags: Optimize your title and header tags on your website to accurately reflect what pages or sections of written content are about. Just like readers, Google is going to skim your pages and take notice of headers to see what a page is about.
- Image alt text: Even the images you use on your pages have a chance to show up in search results. When you describe your image in alt text, that information can be used to rank your image in image search results, which will link back to your site.
- Page speed: People are impatient. It’s that simple. The faster your page speed is, the better you’ll rank in the SERPs. Fast page speeds indicate a reliable, high-quality website.
Use our proprietary keyword research tool, KeywordsFX, to help you find high-quality keywords for content and PPC campaigns. Identify Top Keywords for Free
3. Social media marketing
Stepping away from the world of search engines, you can also gain electrical leads through social media marketing.
Now, it might seem annoying to engage in social media when you’re busy working on major commercial projects for your clients, but being active on social media can help you attract those clients in the first place.
With over 5 billion people active on social media, there’s no shortage of leads to connect with. Social media marketing helps with lead generation for electricians because it exposes you to a larger audience than what you’d get with traditional marketing methods.
- Specific services you provide
- Recent electrical projects you’ve completed
- Major client projects you’ll be undertaking
- Team member spotlights
- Entertaining content like behind-the-scenes videos of your business
Your social media posts can be shared by your followers, expanding your company’s visibility to those who don’t follow you (yet!). You can attract new leads while you nurture current ones, making social media marketing an essential tool in your digital marketing toolbelt when earning commercial electrical leads.
Growing your social presence with WebFX is a walk in the park.
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”Learn More About Our Social Media Services
With WebFX’s help, you can attract and nurture commercial electrician leads
WebFX has over 25 years and hours of experience in digital marketing under our belts. We’ve worked with companies in over 200+ industries, doing everything from launching social media campaigns to lead generation strategies, and we’re ready to help you!
Earn a 20% greater ROI with WebFX
- CRM for Electricians
- Content Marketing Perfect for Electricians
- Electrical Contractor Marketing Ideas [4+ Strategies for Growth]
- Electrician SEO: How to Start Using SEO for Electricians
- Electrician Website Design
- Google Local Services Ads for Electricians: Your Local Lead Booster
- How to Get More Electrical Work: 6 Ways to Find Electrical Work
- Lead Generation for Electricians: 4 Ways to Get More Leads
- Must-Read Social Media Tips for Electricians
- PPC for Electricians
- Why Long-Tail Keywords Are Important for Electricians