Maria CarpenaEmerging Trends & Research Writer
- April 26, 2023
- 4 minute read
- Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
Clearbit vs ZoomInfo:
Clearbit and ZoomInfo are both data enrichment platforms, but Clearbit focuses on providing real-time data and insights, while ZoomInfo offers a comprehensive database of company and contact information.
If you’re looking for a data enrichment tool, chances are you’ve shortlisted Clearbit and ZoomInfo. Both are solid data enrichment tool choices, but the better option is the platform that suits your business’s needs.
Want to know which data enrichment tool is better for your business? This blog post gives you the lowdown on Clearbit vs. ZoomInfo with these topics:
While you’re here, join our community of 200,000 marketers who stay updated on the latest digital marketing by subscribing to our weekly newsletter!
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
Clearbit vs. ZoomInfo overview
Here’s a quick summary of Clearbit vs. ZoomInfo:
|Pricing||Free limited plan available — starts at $99 per month for 275 API requests||Free trial available — request pricing through ZoomInfo’s pricing page|
|G2 Average Rating||4.4 out of 5||4.4 out of 5|
|Best For||Small- to medium-sized businesses and their sales teams. Clearbit has a smaller database (50 million) than ZoomInfo.||Enterprises. ZoomInfo has a bigger database (235 million as of October 2022) than Clearbit.|
|Best Feature||Clearbit’s Reveal feature unveils a site visitor’s info, so you have initial data about their industry, employee count, and job title.||ZoomInfo’s conversation intelligence keeps track of and studies enterprises’ interactions with all their prospects, thus informing their next steps to nurture or retain them.|
Let’s dive into each tool below.
What is Clearbit?
Clearbit is a data enrichment tool for business-to-business (B2B) companies. Founded in 2015, it touts 50 million enriched company records and over 400,000 users.
Clearbit has over 100 B2B attributes from more than 250 data sources. As soon as its sources detect a change, Clearbit’s records update automatically, thus providing customers with fresh contact data.
Clearbit has the following useful features for B2B companies:
- Prospector: Clearbit’s Prospector feature allows you to generate and analyze a list of contacts or leads with all the necessary information like their industry, employee count, and job title.
- Reveal: Who are your site visitors, and what do you know about them? Clearbit’s Reveal feature matches IP addresses with company names so you can uncover the profile of your site visitors.
- Enrichment: Clearbit’s enrichment feature lets you complete your lead or customer data using only a company email. It enables you to score your leads and segment your contacts accurately.
Pro tip: If you currently use tools and other apps, check if they are compatible with a platform you’re eyeing, like Clearbit. Note that integration options may be subscription-based, which may entail additional costs.
You can integrate Clearbit with any of these tools:
- Chili Piper
- Clearbit APIs
What is ZoomInfo?
ZoomInfo is a subscription-based data enrichment software for B2B companies. Founded in 2007, ZoomInfo lets subscribers access their database of information on businesses worldwide.
In October 2022, ZoomInfo announced that its global contact database had grown to more than 235 million B2B professional profiles, making it a bigger database than Clearbit.
As a data enrichment tool, ZoomInfo has the following features:
- Buyer intent data: ZoomInfo uses machine learning to recognize purchasing patterns, giving you an enriched B2B intent data. This feature helps businesses identify which contacts are ready to purchase and which must be prioritized. In addition, this feature also identifies the buying team, so you can reach out to the decision-makers.
- Engage: ZoomInfo’s Engage enables users to automate email outreach for more efficient sales prospecting.
- Conversation intelligence: Capture and sync your contacts and interactions with them using this ZoomInfo feature. Using machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), ZoomInfo’s conversation intelligence studies your interactions with prospects and customers so you can successfully retain and nurture them.
You can integrate ZoomInfo with any of the following apps. Integration per platform may come with additional cost, though:
- Bullhorn ATS
- Lift AI
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Sales Robots
- Sugar Sell
- ZoomInfo SalesOS
- ZoomInfo InboxAI
Your world-class, tech-enabled marketing agency with over 1.6 million hours of combined expertise.
Clearbit vs. ZoomInfo: Which enrichment tool is suited for your business?
A lead enrichment tool is a significant investment for any business. Make sure you choose the platform that’s suited for your company.
If you need help with your martech stack, look no further than WebFX. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency that uses industry-leading marketing technology to propel our clients’ businesses to grow.
By teaming up with us, you’ll get to use our proprietary growth platform, MarketingCloudFX. You’ll also have at least 10 seats in our user-friendly customer relationship management software Nutshell, a valuable addition to your martech stack!
Maria is an experienced marketing professional in both B2C and B2B spaces. She’s earned certifications in inbound marketing, content marketing, Google Analytics, and PR. Her favorite topics include digital marketing, social media, and AI. When she’s not immersed in digital marketing and writing, she’s running, swimming, biking, or playing with her dogs.
WebFX provides digital marketing solutions with expert marketers, designers, and developers to increase visibility, conversions, and revenue. Learn more