WebFX TeamDigital Marketing Agency
- December 15, 2022
- 5 minute read
- The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years. @webfx
Have you heard about the wonders content marketing can do for businesses and want to incorporate this practice into your marketing strategy? If so, you’re in the right place!
This guide will cover how to get started with content marketing, including the following:
- What factors to consider when starting
- Tips for developing the best strategy
- Benefits of targeted content marketing
If you want additional marketing insights from the experts at WebFX, sign up for Revenue Weekly to keep up with the ever-changing industry. Now, let’s jump into content marketing!
Don’t miss our Marketing Manager Insider emails!
Join 200,000 smart marketers and get the month’s hottest marketing news and insights delivered straight to your inbox!
Enter your email below:
Inline Subscription Form – CTA 72
“*” indicates required fields
(Don’t worry, we’ll never share your information!)
What to consider when starting content marketing
All companies are unique, so why should content be any different? Each company’s content marketing strategy will differ based on the following factors:
- Company and product: A company that sells boats will produce different content than a small jewelry business. Assess your brand and products to decide which content types will work best for you.
- Audience: Your target audience is another critical factor when creating your content marketing strategy. Develop content that fits your ideal buyer’s preferences so that they have a higher chance of seeing it.
- Current trends: The popularity of content types rises, and falls based on recent technology advancements and public preferences. Research the current trends to see which content types are most effective for your needs.
- Company goals: Your company should create content that works best for your purposes. For example, videos may work better for a business selling drones and informational blog posts may be perfect for an online private school.
Determining the best content marketing strategy for your business will help you maximize your return on investment (ROI) and meet your objectives.
4 tips for content marketing
Developing unique content for your marketing strategy will positively impact your business. While each company’s process may vary, some essential steps include the following.
1. Pick a content management system (CMS)
Before you create any content, you need a tool to build your website without hand-coding HTML. This is where a CMS comes in. These software applications enable you to create, edit, and publish your content online, which is essential for content marketing.
You can also develop a custom CMS with help from an outside agency. Once you choose an effective CMS, you can design and post your content.
2. Choose the content you want to create
You can select the best content to create based on current trends and your company, audience, and goals.
Some examples of content you can publish include:
Most options will help you achieve your content marketing goals, but you should pick the most effective method for the highest ROI. That way, you know you’re using your time and resources effectively.
Your customers are your most valuable source of content ideas, as your ultimate goal is to appeal to their interests and bring them to your site. Assessing their needs and goals will help you design content that they will want to view.
Spotify offers one famous example of successful content marketing — Spotify Wrapped. They use user-generated content to provide each listener with their year-end summary:
3. Publish content regularly
Posting material frequently is essential for effective content marketing. After all, this strategy focuses on content creation, so it’s critical to publish on a consistent schedule.
This practice increases your chance of attracting potential customers. Posting helpful content consistently also benefits your current clients, as they have constant access to new material about your products and company.
4. Adjust your content marketing strategy as needed
You may need to change your original plan, and that’s okay! Adjusting your content marketing method to your specific audience and needs is essential to achieving your objectives.
One way to know which changes you should make is to set up marketing key performance indicators (KPIs). These metrics allow you to measure your content’s success and see if there are areas you can improve.
You can use tools like Google Analytics to track your pages. Here is a sample report for content engagement:
If you post through social media, you can check in-app tracking tools to see how your content performs.
Benefits of effective content marketing
Several advantages come with developing a productive content marketing strategy. Compared to other marketing types, content marketing generates 54% more leads.
You can expect multiple benefits regardless of your industry, including the following:
- Raising awareness: Content marketing helps you spread the word about your company, products, and services to consumers. This strategy lets you ease potential customers into your sales funnel or their journey to purchasing your goods.
- Building trust: You can build trust with your viewers by spreading informative and accurate content related to your business and industry. Your information lets consumers learn more about your company, such as your expertise in various areas and your company’s goals.
- Encouraging interest: Your content should inspire viewers to learn more about your company and its products. These leads may dig more into your goods and services and eventually make a purchase.
Use our proprietary keyword research tool, KeywordsFX, to help you find high-quality keywords for content and PPC campaigns. Identify Top Keywords for Free
Get started with content marketing today!
WebFX can help you design the perfect plan to create content that drives sales and increases your user base. With 25 years of experience, our team members have the tools and skills you need to conquer content marketing.
Our digital marketing services cover a wide range of solutions for your business — including SEO services, PPC services, and more — to help you succeed. We use results-driven SEO strategies to generate revenue and meet your company’s needs.
The WebFX team is made up of more than 450 subject matter experts in digital marketing, SEO, web design and web development, social media, and more. Together, they’ve helped WebFX’s clients earn more than $3 billion in revenue from the web — and that’s just in the past five years.@webfx
WebFX provides digital marketing solutions with expert marketers, designers, and developers to increase visibility, conversions, and revenue. Learn more
Looking for More?
Get expert ideas, industry updates, case studies, and more straight to your inbox to help you level up and get ahead.
"*" indicates required fields