How Much Does It Cost to Have a Shopify Store? Everything You Need to Know to Launch a Shopify Store
Anna’s business is booming, so she decided she wants to create an ecommerce website to sell her products online. Her friend recommends she uses Shopify because she’s heard people say many positive things about it. Naturally, Anna’s first question is, “How much does it cost to have a Shopify store?”
If you’re like Anna, you’re probably wondering the same thing. Luckily for both of you, we have all the information you need about Shopify prices.
Keep reading to learn about the cost of Shopify and find out which plan is best for your business!
Campaigns managed by WebFX have earned over
Partner with Ecommerce masters!
TRANSACTIONS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS
Read the Case Studies
Campaigns managed by WebFX have earned over
How much does it cost to have a Shopify store?
So, how much does Shopify cost? The cost of opening a Shopify store depends on the plan you choose.
There are three plan options:
- Basic Shopify
- Advanced Shopify
Let’s look at all the Shopify pricing plans more in-depth to see the costs.
|Shopify Plans||Cost per month||Online credit card rates (per transaction)||In-person credit card rates (per transaction)||Fees for using payment provider other than Shopify Payments|
|Basic Shopify||$29||2.9% + 30 cents||2.7%||2.0%|
|Shopify||$79||2.6% + 30 cents||2.5%||1.0%|
|Advanced Shopify||$299||2.4% + 30 cents||2.4%||0.5%|
NOTE: Shopify comes with a 14-day free trial, so you can build your site and figure out which plan is right for you!
*All plans have an $89 per month additional cost to use Shopify POS pro
Cost: $29 per month, plus additional fees
The first plan Shopify offers is Basic Shopify. As the name implies, this package gives you everything you need to start and launch an online store.
It costs $29 per month for this plan. You’ll also pay 2.9% + 30 cents for every transaction with an online credit card and 2.7% for every transaction with an in-person credit card. If you use a payment provider other than Shopify Payments, expect to pay 2.0% of the sale in fees.
Here are some features you’ll get with Basic Shopify:
- Unlimited product uploads: You can upload as many products as you want to your ecommerce store.
- Shipping discount: With Shopify, you get competitive shipping rates from USPS, UPS, and DHL Express. You can get a discount of up to 64%.
- Shopify POS Lite: This feature enables you to accept in-person payments at fairs, markets, and more.
- Locations: This feature enables you to assign inventory to specific retail stores or warehouses. You can assign inventory to up to four
- Sales channels: You can sell your products on online marketplaces and social media using your Shopify store.
- Staff accounts: Create accounts for staff members who can access your Shopify admin and your Shopify POS.
These are some of the most prominent features you can expect from a Shopify Basic Plan.
Some additional features include:
- 24/7 support
- Manual order creation
- Discount codes
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certification
- Automatic abandoned cart recovery emails
- Customized gift cards
- Printing shipping labels
Cost: $79 per month, plus additional fees
So, how much does Shopify cost? Well, if you’re looking at the middle-tier plan, aptly named, you’re looking at a $79 monthly fee to run your store. This plan is a step above basic and meant for companies looking to expand their ecommerce efforts.
In addition to the monthly fee, you’ll pay 2.6% + 30 cents for online credit card purchases and 2.5% for in-person credit card purchases. You’ll also have a 1% fee for payments other than Shopify Payment.
Shopify includes everything from the Basic Shopify plan, with a few additional features:
- Locations: Shop owners can assign inventory to up to five different retail stores or warehouses.
- Staff account: You can have up to five staff accounts for this Shopify pricing plan.
- Shipping discount: With the Shopify package, you get competitive shipping rates from top shipping companies, up to 72%.
- USPS Priority Mail Cubic Pricing: Get pricing for sending packages through USPS Priority mail.
- Professional reports: Get valuable sales information from professional reports. You can analyze customer buying trends and track product sales to help you market your products better.
Cost: $299 per month, plus additional fees
Of all the Shopify pricing plans, the costliest option is Advanced Shopify. This package offers advanced features that help businesses scale their sales efforts.
For this package, you’ll pay $299 per month. You’ll also pay 2.4% + 30 cents for each transaction with a credit card online, as well as a 2.4% fee for in-person credit card charges. This Shopify pricing plan also charges a 0.5% fee for payments not made with Shopify Payments.
You get all the features from the Shopify Basic and Shopify plan, with a few additional features:
- Locations: You can assign your inventory to up to eight warehouses or retail stores.
- Staff accounts: You can have up to 15 staff accounts with access to your Shopify admin and Shopify POS.
- Advanced report builder: You can create custom reports that enable you to track precise actions your audience takes. So, for example, if you want to check your referral sources, you can create a specific report to track how people find your business.
- Third-party calculated: This feature enables you to provide your audience with up-to-date shipping rates when they check out. They can also see the difference in rate between shipping options, like standard, express, and on-day.
Which Shopify pricing plan is best for my business?
Now that you got the answer to, “how much does it cost to have a Shopify store,” you may wonder which plan is best for you. The answer relies heavily on what your business needs and what you want to do with your store.
Use Shopify basic if… you’re just starting out with your ecommerce site and want to get a grip on building your site. This package offers enough for you to get started and get the feel of how to set up shop. It’s a great option if you’re only selling a few products and just getting started.
Use Shopify if… you’re looking to track your sales and improve your marketing strategies to earn more sales. The mid-tier Shopify pricing plan enables you to get reporting on customer actions, so you know what people are buying most to market to them better.
Use Shopify Advanced if… you’re looking for more custom reporting and calculated shipping rates, then Shopify Advanced is the best option out of all the Shopify pricing plans. This plan offers some more advanced features to help you sell more products.
Overall, you’ll want to determine what you want to do and achieve with your Shopify store, so you can choose the plan that best aligns with your goals.
Net Promoter Score is the leading metric for customer satisfaction.
WebFX clients score 394% higher than the industry average.
Partner with a Shopify expert today
Shopify is an excellent option if you’re looking for an ecommerce website builder that’s easy and offers all the features you need to build your site. If you aren’t sure how to get started with building your Shopify site, WebFX is here to help.
We have a team of over 250 award-winning designers ready to help you build the Shopify site you need. We’ll help you create a site that’s optimal for increasing sales and revenue for your business.
In the past five years, we’ve driven over $2.4 billion in sales and over 6.3 million leads for our clients. You can feel confident we’ll help you build a site that drives results.