Savannah SwansonDigital & Social Trends Writer
- July 12, 2023
- 5 minute read
- Savannah is a content marketer with editorial experience spanning several businesses. Specializing in social media and marketing trends, she loves talking about the latest developments in online marketing. When she’s not writing, Savannah loves traveling, hoarding books and coffee mugs, and adoring her cat. Please don’t ask her about famous true crime cases, or else she’ll tell you all about her theories and get absolutely no work done.
The power of social media can’t be ignored, and these social selling statistics prove it.
Social selling gives businesses the opportunity to nurture better relationships with their prospects while showing them the value of their products and services. Today, we’re taking a look at just how effective this digital marketing strategy can be by exploring over 50 social commerce statistics.
Looking to try your hand at social selling? WebFX is an industry-leading social media marketing agency that’s helped clients publish over 165,000 social media posts and launch over 355,000 unique ads.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today. One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
74% of people use social media when making a purchasing decision.
Make their decision easy with a stellar social media presence. See how your brand can level up by requesting a no-obligation proposal today.
One of our experts will be in touch within 24 hours!
What is social selling?
Social selling, also referred to as social commerce, is the practice of using social media to connect with leads and customers and nurture them toward converting.
Social selling is a valuable digital marketing practice because it helps businesses build meaningful relationships with their audience and brand awareness through social media engagement and activity.
50+ social selling statistics you should know
Learn more about why social selling is so effective for businesses by checking out some general statistics about social selling, including social selling stats broken down by platform.
- General social selling stats
- Facebook social selling stats
- Instagram social selling stats
- TikTok social selling stats
- Pinterest social selling stats
- YouTube social selling stats
- LinkedIn social selling stats
- Twitter social selling stats
- $6.2 trillion in revenue is expected to be generated through social selling by 2030
- $2.9 trillion is the estimated value of social commerce sales by 2026
- $992 billion was the estimated value of sales that occurred on social media platforms in 2022
- $728 billion in revenue was generated by social selling in 2022
- $145.2 billion is the projected number social commerce sales could reach in the U.S. in 2028
- $51.8 billion was the estimated number of social commerce sales in the U.S. in 2022
- Over 7 in 10 consumers engaged in live shopping in Thailand, India, and China in 2022
- 90% of Internet users in Thailand purchased from social networking sites in 2022
- 86% of Internet users in India are expected to be social buyers
- 78% of social sellers outsell peers who don’t use social media
- 75% of business-to-business (B2B) buyers use social media to make buying decisions
- 65% of salespeople rely on social selling activities to fill their pipeline
- 51% is how much more likely social selling leaders are to reach their quota opposed to non-social sellers
- 45% more sales opportunities are created by social selling leaders than those with a low social selling index
- 3 billion users are active on Facebook each month
- Over 200 million active Facebook users interact on Facebook Shops
- 69 million shoppers in the U.S. are expected to use Facebook to make purchases by 2025
- Over 63 million shoppers in the U.S. made purchases through Facebook in 2022
- 1 million brands sell on Facebook
- 19% of digital shoppers in the U.S. used Facebook to make purchases in 2022
- Facebook was the top social networking platform where Internet users purchased products during live-streaming events in 2022
- 2 billion users are active on Instagram each month
- 47 million shoppers in the U.S. are expected to use Instagram to make purchases by 2025
- 1 in 2 people use Instagram to discover new brands
- 60% of Instagram users discover new products on Instagram
- 41% of users follow a brand on Instagram
- 12% of digital shoppers in the U.S. used Instagram to make purchases in 2022
- Over 1 billion users are active on TikTok each month
- 1 in 3 weekly Gen Z TikTok users are interested in buying from TikTok LIVEs because they get to see the product in action rather than just photos of it
- 1.2x is how much more likely Gen Z users are to engage with a brand when turning to TikTok while shopping online
- Over 71% of TikTok users said they shopped when they stumbled across something in their feeds
- 64% of TikTok users are interested in watching LIVE content from brands
- 58% of TikTok users use the platform for shopping inspiration
- 45% of U.S. TikTok users feel more connected to brands that teach them something new or give them information about themselves
- 463 million people use Pinterest each month to inspire their next purchase
- 445 million users are active on Pinterest each month
- 80% of weekly Pinterest users have discovered a new brand or product on Pinterest
- 47% of U.S. Pinterest users use the platform to find and shop for products
- 17% of Pinterest users follow a brand on Pinterest
- 2.5 billion is the number of monthly active users on YouTube
- 90% of people say video helps them make purchasing decisions
- 70% of YouTube users have made a purchase from a brand after seeing a product via video
- 40% of shoppers worldwide bought products they found on YouTube
- 35% of YouTube users follow a brand on YouTube
- 9% of digital shoppers in the U.S. used YouTube to make purchases in 2022
- 65 million LinkedIn users are decision-makers
- 6x is how much more likely audiences are to convert when exposed to brand messaging on LinkedIn
- 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to generate leads
- 61% of people use LinkedIn to generate business
- 50% of B2B buyers use LinkedIn as a trusted source of information when shopping
- 330 million people use Twitter each day
- 85% of Twitter users who follow a brand tend to feel more connected to them
- 53% of Twitter users tend to be early product adopters
- 52% of Twitter users have purchased items from a brand after seeing them on the platform
- 26% more time is spent viewing ads on Twitter than on any other social media platform
- 22% of users follow a brand on Twitter
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”
Growing your social presence with WebFX is a walk in the park.
“WebFX allows growing your social media platforms to be stress-free! They are knowledgeable and adapt to your company needs!”Learn More About Our Social Media Services
Begin your social selling journey today
Social selling on any platform can help you grow brand awareness for your business and build stronger relationships with your audience. Whether you’re investing in content creation or want to use social media to enhance your customer service strategy, social selling is a digital marketing strategy you don’t want to miss out on.
WebFX is an award-winning social media marketing agency with 500+ team members who love helping businesses connect with people on social media. Give us a call at 888-601-5359 or contact us online today to start your social selling journey with WebFX!
Savannah is a content marketer with editorial experience spanning several businesses. Specializing in social media and marketing trends, she loves talking about the latest developments in online marketing. When she’s not writing, Savannah loves traveling, hoarding books and coffee mugs, and adoring her cat. Please don’t ask her about famous true crime cases, or else she’ll tell you all about her theories and get absolutely no work done.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more