- 12 min. read
William CraigCEO & Co-Founder
- President of WebFX. Bill has over 25 years of experience in the Internet marketing industry specializing in SEO, UX, information architecture, marketing automation and more. William’s background in scientific computing and education from Shippensburg and MIT provided the foundation for MarketingCloudFX and other key research and development projects at WebFX.
Adobe Illustrator is a versatile vector illustration application that’s preferred by many professional artists and designers. Its robust and powerful set of tools coupled with its intuitive interface makes it the go-to app for vector work. Illustrator excels in allowing designers to craft stunning and realistic-looking 3D artwork.
In this collection, you will find 40 useful and informative tutorials and techniques on creating three-dimensional artworks in Adobe Illustrator.
1. Create an Open Book with Illustrator’s 3D Extrude & Bevel Tool
Learn a technique for illustrating a three-dimensional book by reading through this Adobe Illustrator tutorial.
Learn a process for creating an infographic piece from conceptualization to finalization using a variety of Illustrator tools and techniques such as the Gradient Mesh Tool.
3. Create a Can of Beans by Mapping Vectors to a 3D Object
Craft a tin can (perfect for product design models) using a host of Illustrator tools and techniques such as the Extrude Tool and Image Mapping techniques.
4. Design Gift Boxes Using Illustrator’s 3D Tools
Discover a method for creating 3D gift boxes in Illustrator which can later be adopted for designing packaging and software boxes mockups.
Investigate a way for composing a three-dimensional letter art piece by reading through this tutorial on VECTORTUTS.
7. 3D Blue LCD Alarm Clock
Illustrate an LCD alarm clock using an assortment of Illustrator tools such as the Rounded Rectangle Tool, gradients, and the Blend Tool.
8. 3D Objects and Transparencies to Make a Vector Cola Bottle Design
Create a realistic-looking Cola bottle design by skillfully using 3D objects and transparency options in Adobe Illustrator.
10. Create an Animated 3D Poker Chip and Part II
This two-part series on AiBURN shows you how to render a poker chip in 3D using the 3D Exclude and Bevel Tool in Illustrator.
13. 3D Effects in Illustrator CS
This tutorial series explores your 3D options in Illustrator: Part 1 discusses Extrusion & Bevel basics, Part 2 covers custom bevel creation, Part 3 talks about the Revolve Tool, and Part 4 discusses lighting and transparencies.
14. 3D Charts in Adobe Illustrator CS
Create professional charts in Illustrator that will impress: learn how in this tutorial that utilizes the Pie Graph Tool.
15. Design a Business Report Cover
Design a professional and captivating business report cover that has 3D buildings as a graphics component.
17. 3D Bowl
See how to construct a realistic 3D fruit bowl in Adobe Illustrator in this tutorial that walks you through the entire process.
18. How to Map Artwork onto 3D Objects with Illustrator
Learn the concepts behind mapping images onto 3D objects in this insightful tutorial.
20. 3D Isometric Vector Icon Tutorial
Create a simple and beautiful 3D icon using a variety of Illustrator tools such as the 3D Rotate Tool.
21. Create a 3D Push Pin and a Paper Note in Illustrator
In this simple tutorial aimed at beginners, you’ll witness a method for composing a 3D push pin and paper note illustration.
22. 3D Graphs
23. Making of an Abstract Artwork
See the process of an Illustrator artist’s method for composing this abstract and three-dimensional work of art.
24. 3D Chess Board, King, and Pawn
Create three-dimensional chess pieces by reading through this step-by-step Illustrator tutorial.
25. Make a 3d Red Blood Cell Button
This Illustrator tutorial walks you through the process of crafting three-dimensional blood cells.
27. 3D Flower Pot
28. 3D Dice
29. 3D Hammer using Illustrator
Craft a three-dimensional hammer using a variety of Illustrator tools and options by following along this helpful tutorial.
32. 3D Logo Tutorial
33. Disco Ball
This short but helpful Adobe Illustrator tutorial, you’ll learn a process of constructing a disco ball.
34. Cool 3D logo
This tutorial shares another method for creating a 3D logo using Illustrator.
35. Gradient Meshes Introduction
To create 3D objects with accurate shading, you’ll need to understand the Gradient Mesh Tool; this tutorial gives you a perceptive look into gradient meshes.
Here are a few tutorials that use Illustrator in combination with other tools.
39. Merge 3D with Illustrator and Photoshop
Use Illustrator and Photoshop to merge compose a futuristic art piece.
President of WebFX. Bill has over 25 years of experience in the Internet marketing industry specializing in SEO, UX, information architecture, marketing automation and more. William’s background in scientific computing and education from Shippensburg and MIT provided the foundation for MarketingCloudFX and other key research and development projects at WebFX.
WebFX is a full-service marketing agency with 1000+ client reviews and a 4.9-star rating on Clutch! Find out how our expert team and revenue-accelerating tech can drive results for you! Learn more