Icons are essential in any graphical user interface. They are effective visual cues for performing tasks or navigating to a certain location. There are many resources online that can help and inspire you in your own icon designs and – in this collection – we share some of the best tutorials on the topic.
In this article, you’ll find a wide selection of tutorials and resources to help you learn about designing icons.
4. Icon Design: Bitmap vs Vector
5. Professional technique for creating icons
6. 7 Principles of Effective Icon Design
15. Adobe Bridge Icon
26. Design a Detailed Compass Icon
28. Design a Glossy Download Icon
29. Creating a Cool Yellow Helmet Icon
30. Create a Jaguar Style Folder Icon
31. Vista Error Icon
33. Design The iTunes Icon For The iPhone
34. XP Style Money Icon
35. Angry Emoticon
36. XP Style iPod Icon
37. LG LCD Monitor Icon
39. Clock Icon
40. World Icon Tutorial
41. How to Make a Folder Icon
42. Glossy RSS icon
43. Recreate the Famous Yahoo! Smiley
44. Skype Buddy Icon
46. iTune Icon
48. Stylish Search Icon
49. Creating a clock icon
50. Computer Icon Tutorial
Icon sets can be an important part of web design, whether you’re designing for a hotel or a car dealership. Using images that both fit the theme of the design and the type of business is important to keep in mind when designing icon sets. Often you don’t have to design these sets though- look below for a number of free icon sets to ensure a professional look and to save yourself time!
Get posts by email
Be the first to know when we publish a new blog post!