When personal computers with graphical user interfaces became a mainstay in the workplace and universities in the mid-1980’s, it wasn’t long before people started playing around with them to see what they could really do. Of course, one of the greatest things to come out of the personal computer was the ability to create art digitally. Programs such as MS Paint and Adobe’s early versions Illustrator made it easy for anyone with access to a computer to create digital art, forever changing the field of design.
Today, it’s great to see that a lot of artists are combining analog and digital workflows. The imperfect lines created by a designer’s hands lends a certain uniqueness to a project. While the digital workflows an artist employs provides a level of polish and control, allowing a project to have a truly professional and deliberate look.
Check out some great hand-made typographic projects by some really great artists!
If you have a handmade design project you’d like to share with us, please do so in the comments section. We’d love to see your work!
Table of Contents
- 50 Amazing 3D Typography for Inspiration
- 25 Examples of Big Typography in Web Design
- 40 Awesome Optical Illusions Using Typography
- 13 Excellent Typography Blogs to Read
- 9 Online Games That Teach You About Typography
- Hand-Drawn Lettering and Typography by Amazing Artists
- Impressive Hand Lettered 3D Typography by Marcelo Schultz
- 10 Infographics That Will Teach You About Typography
- Beautiful Examples of Inset Typography in Web Design
Resources by Industry
- Web Design for Excavation Companies: Top 5 Tips (With Examples!)
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fence Installers
- 5 Simple and Successful Web Design Tips for Auto Parts Retailers
- Tips for Medical Website Designs
- Medical Website Design from an Award Winning Agency
- Top 10 Effective Web Design Tips for Auto Service Centers
- Web Design for Renewable Energy: Tips for a Site That Shines
- Insurance Website Design Services
- 5 Web Design Tips for Fertility Clinics
How is your website’s SEO?
Use our free tool to get your score calculated in under 60 seconds.
Get posts by email
Join 200,000 marketing managers and subscribe to Revenue Weekly!
"*" indicates required fields
Join our mission to provide industry-leading digital marketing services to businesses around the globe - all while building your personal knowledge and growing as an individual.